[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is my road html&css->javascript->python-> C
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: programming.jpg (136 KB, 581x371) Image search: [Google]
programming.jpg
136 KB, 581x371
this is my road
html&css->javascript->python-> C ->java
is my road a good one? if not how should i change it?
>>
>>51411006
Just start
You will change the path many times anyway
>>
already did, done w html&css and now almost finished with javascript
>>
>>51411006
Forget python
>>
php
>>
C->Haskell->Ascension
>>
>>51411006
I only know Python and basic HTML and CSS. I can do Assembly but that isn't the most useful, just a good thing to learn.

Any reason why you chose C and not C++ or C#?

Any recommendations for what I should learn now after Python? I want something with some graphical interfaces. What is the next step for me? Java? C? Thanks.
>>
i was eventually planning to learn C++ but alot of people told me its good to pick up C before, i'm not very sure but you should probably go for C 1st
>>
>>51413516

yes, c first. c is a SUBSET of c++ so really learning c you are learning the bare bones which you would then flesh out with c++.
>>
>>51413516
C++ is just C with extra shit.
skip C and just learn C++, you will learn C by association
>>
>>51413516
C++ is just the wrong way of programming C
skip C++ and just learn C, you won't need any of the bloat C++ provides
>>
>>51412931
>Any reason why you chose C and not C++ or C#?

if you plan to be a programmer do c first, you wont regret it if you are going to learn c++/c# later. its what those languages were based on (sort of, with a bit of handwaving).

>Any recommendations for what I should learn now after Python? I want something with some graphical interfaces. What is the next step for me? Java? C? Thanks.

gui's are really independent of the language. tho it is true that some languages have better gui frameworks than others. for instance C#'s is nice, java's aint, swift and xcode with storyboards is very nice.
>>
>>51413516
>>51413653
>>51413657
>>51413698

/g/ strikes again.
>>
>>51413657
Please stop spreading this bullshit. C is a completely different way of thinking than C++ and is in many ways better because it's not OO spaghetti code bullshit which is only useful in a handful of projects but is wedged into everything by a bunch of OO fetishists that enjoy the programming equivalent of being slapped in the balls and whipped every few seconds.
>>
>>51413657
>C++ is just C with extra shit.

yeah, but its LOTS AND LOTS of extra shit.

>skip C and just learn C++, you will learn C by association

this is sort of true, but it will be easier to start with c then move on.
>>
>>51413653
>c is a SUBSET of c++
not strictly

>>51413698
>you won't need any of the bloat C++ provides
wow, much '70's, amaze

>>51412931
Do yourself a favour and go straight to Common Lisp
https://common-lisp.net/
https://common-lisp.net/tutorials/
http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/
>>
>>51413736
also http://cliki.net/Getting%20Started
>>
>>51413736
>not strictly

i know, but at the stage these questions are at the shades of grey really dont matter.

>lisp

yeah, not much call for lisp programmers.
>>
>>51413727
>not understanding object oriented
>"muh basic procedural programming is all i need"
>not knowing c++ is a multi-paradigm language that can do literally everything C can do but more efficiently
>>
Be good at one and you won't need to know another.
>>
>>51411006
my path was

(hobby) basic -> html / php / mysql -> (school) java -> (research) c++ -> (internship) python -> (work) php / js / sql
>>
File: JUST DO IT.png (109 KB, 1068x597) Image search: [Google]
JUST DO IT.png
109 KB, 1068x597
tfw I've spent more time finding books to read than actually reading them
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.