[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft Edge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: microsoftedgy.jpg (66 KB, 800x455) Image search: [Google]
microsoftedgy.jpg
66 KB, 800x455
Is this good, or am I a pleab?
>>
>>51391427
turbopleb
>>
Unless you're on a tablet where chrome lags while scrolling, yes, 100% pleb.

There is no reason to use this browser. No amount of begging from Macroshit should stop you from switching to chrome.
>>
>>51391473
Scrolling is fine on chromium for me
>>
>>51391473
>this botnet is better than that botnet
>>
>>51391493
What computer are you using?

What makes you think that the edgy new kid is a good browser?
>>
>>51391531
Fujitsu T904
>>
It's a good backup for when a page won't load in Firefox due to all the ad and bot blocking addons I have installed.
>>
>>51391427
Until it gets uBlock and native WebM support, it is just a text reader and gif player.
>>
Good for casual use, but I recommend IE11 since it has better compatibility with webpages
>>
>>51391709
Don't you even dare.
>>
>>51391752
He is right. IE11 has the best font rendering, smooth scrolling and loads pages that are constipated on Chrome/Firefox.
>>
>>51391763
And best of all: It's going to the next IE 8. It's gold to hold web development back for many, many years to come. Want CSS filters? Web components? HTML5 input types? Then you better polyfill the shit out of your websites.
>>
>>51391788
I have tested CSS, JavaScript on IE11, it works fine. HTML 5 videos play properly on Youtube without Flash.

Further, Edge has already succeeded it so mostly Win7/8.1 users only are on IE11. What is the issue?
>>
>>51391473
I just love faggots that write hate speeches towards microsoft products while using Windows
Top Kek m8
>>
File: so edgy.png (3 KB, 802x76) Image search: [Google]
so edgy.png
3 KB, 802x76
>>51391427
It's shit.
>>
>>51391427
It's good. But I wait until it has extensions and webm native support.
>>
>>51391815
Nice try, OS X on muh hackintosh that didn't even come with a Windows license here.

Also I don't think anyone can doubt that it has always been and will always be Internet explorer that's holding the web back. IE 6 did, IE 8 does, IE 11 will. Microsoft deliberately holds the web back by not releasing updates to IE to operating systems that are still used by many companies.

>>51391808
CSS filters. http://caniuse.com/#feat=css-filters .
Allows you to use any SVG filters on HTMl elements. Allows things like blur, (de)saturation, actual drop shadows and changing the brightness without container hacks with a black opaque absolutely positioned element and shit like that.

IE 11 still doesn't support large parts of HTML5, CSS3 and virtually no ES2015. It's a garbage browser, it will always be one.

Of course, if you still make your web apps like it's 2003 or when you just polyfill the shit out of everything and use huge JS frameworks that abstract away its shittyness, IE becomes... acceptable. But that isn't free, everyone has to suffer from this.
>>
File: fuckko.png (3 KB, 1199x79) Image search: [Google]
fuckko.png
3 KB, 1199x79
>>51391906
Looks fine to me fukboi
>>
File: 1447285541041.jpg (55 KB, 720x611) Image search: [Google]
1447285541041.jpg
55 KB, 720x611
>>51391788
IE11 has the best standards compliance of any browser retard. It's actually CHROME that's holding everything back with their webkit horseshit.
>>
>>51392174
This is objectively false. Why are you telling lies?
>>
>>51392187
Why don't you take a look at the platform status?

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/status/

You're probably one of those retards who fills their website with webkit elements and then goes 'lmao just use chrome' when the website breaks on every browser.
>>
>>51392210
>According to Microsoft, Edge is the best and most advanced browser EVER!

PFFFF, SHEEIT nigga what u doin
>>
>>51391529
But it is tho. For purely practical reasons, if you are going to be spied on, it at least should be on a browser that actually performs well.
>>
>>51392246
To be honest, Edge is still in open beta status, and I think it will be able to compete, whats more, be better than Chrome, in a few months, when it will have add-on support and everything. But it's still botnet so fuck it, Firefox is fine, and it isn't botnet.
>>
>>51392307
>Firefox is fine, and it isn't botnet.

You poor, stupid bastard. For one, Firefox is dying. Plain and simple. Market share and usability goes down the tube with each update. Second, Mozilla is now completely run by SJW sensibilities. You say Mozilla isn't botnet? You're deluding yourself.
>>
>>51391959
CSS Filters aren't that important unless you're making some bullshit frontpage with lots of effects. What really breaks IE11 is its shit support of Flexbox, but it's mostly fixed in Edge.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-17-13-07-29.png (281 KB, 768x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-17-13-07-29.png
281 KB, 768x1280
>>51391546
Wtf, 1 star and $1500
Wat
Kys
>>
>>51392636
I'm not exactly sure, but I think that it does support flexbox quite fine, it's just that the properties have different names.

If you just make a couple of CSS helper classes (or, even better, SASS mixins), it's fine. You could take a look at polymer's iron-flex-layout.

I can hardly wait for our new flexbox overlords. Oh god, I can't wait to obsolete all those quirky workarounds for typical styling situations that just can't be solved properly in CSS. It's taken many, many years, but CSS will finally have a way to make layouts that was actually intended for making layouts and isn't a quirky workaround with poor rendering performance and randomly disappearing content unless you put clearfixes everywhere.
>>
>>51392307
Firefox is developed by an organization which most wet dream is to be as close to Chrome as possible.

How can you have faith in an organization which wants to be as bad and despicable like Google?

If you are putting your faith in Mozilla these days you do support 1:1 Google with Chrome, nothing more nothing less!
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.