[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is there any reason to not buy the priv if price is not an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: PRIV.jpg (57 KB, 1456x1200) Image search: [Google]
PRIV.jpg
57 KB, 1456x1200
So is there any reason to not buy the priv if price is not an issue?

>Big battery
>No housefire processor
>Obviously the keyboard, you can scroll through pages without touching the screen, launch applications with a keypress, type without looking
>Sexy as fuck design
>You can check your cishet white male privilege every single day while you stare at your expensive purchase
>>
>>51310741

SMARTPHONE GENERAL

>>51310741
>>
>keyboard isnt up to par with previous blackberries
>camera is garbage
>overall performance is garbage

if they put android on a bb classic i would buy it even if the performance was bad, but on some monstrosity like that fuck it
>>
>>51319446
THIS IS NOT A GENERAL DEVICE. THIS IS THE FUTURE OF MOBILE PHONES
>>
i literally just cancelled my order from blackberry.
their service is a pile of shit (long story short they put me on hold for 2 hours).
The phone itself looks nice but the software makes it laggy as fuck. The material they use on the back makes it nice for gripping but also results in almost like a bubble on the back of the phone which can be pressed in and out.
I've got an S6 edge and was hoping this priv would replace it.
>>
>>51319580
also the phone itself is top heavy as fuck when you slide out the keyboard making it awkward to use. The curve screen isn't as curved as the S6 edge and that's hardly curved at all.
There is also creaking in the phone itself which will only get worse..
>>
>>51319429
>So is there any reason to not buy the priv if price is not an issue?
yes, it runs android.
>>
>>51319607
Everyone says that it is balanced when the keyboard is out.
>>
>>51319429
Only reason I'm not buying it right now is the horror stories I've been hearing about digital river and the ship date being over 3 FUCKING WEEKS FROM NOW. If it shows up on Amazon again or t-mobile, I'll grab it. I don't even care about insurance anymore, BlackBerry offers it for $4.50 a month with $129 deductibles.
>>
>>51319686
No, it runs Google
>>
>>51319429
Yes. No root. Which means 80% of the actually useful Android apps won't run.
>>
>>51322321
>80% of the actually useful Android apps won't run
this is probably most retarded sentence i've seen on /g/
tell me please, what are those useful apps you're talking about? backup managers? status bar color changers?
>>
>>51322321
The only useful app it removes is ad blocker and this can mostly be done without if you use a browser that blocks ads and if you dont download apps that have ads which are probably crappy anyways.
>>
>>51323792
his manga and anime viewers.
>>
>>51319429
i tried out the priv side by side with the passport in a shop yesterday and I would rather have the passport. the quality of the priv doesn't feel premium and the keyboard isn't great
>>
>>51319580
>S6 Edge

I think you should just let someone else choose for you in the future m8
>>
>>51319429
Why did you think it was necessary for you to make your own thread? That's what >>51310741 was made for, to stop multiple threads like these from popping up...
>>
>>51319429
It's so big I can't even fit it up my anus

Iphone users will probably love it tho
>>
>>51326716

smartphone generals are too fucking general, why the fuck we should stick to that if the only thing we want to shitpost about is blackberry?
>>
>>51319429
>lagshit
Trashed right there
>>
>>51319429

there are news that due to high demand, shipments have been delayed.
>>
>>51328155
The smartphone general is blackberry edition today, stop creating shit threads that just clutter up my /g/
>>
>>51328976

>muh /g/

fuck off
>>
File: 1319752634618.png (2 KB, 187x147) Image search: [Google]
1319752634618.png
2 KB, 187x147
>>51328976
>The smartphone general is blackberry edition today, stop creating shit threads that just clutter up my /g/
And nobody there is talking about BB.
YOU'RE shitty general is offtopic.
Fuck off.
>>
>>51319429

they say the back feels soft/squishy and some reviewers didn't like that. it actually helps with the grip but some pleb reviewers prefer glass or metal backs so that the phone slips easily. for me it's a positive thing that the back kinda sticks to your hand
>>
>>51330433
How is a general thread even off topic? fucking retard.
>>
File: priv build quality.gif (3 MB, 978x652) Image search: [Google]
priv build quality.gif
3 MB, 978x652
>blackberry
>build quality

LMAO
>>
>>51332225
Now do that on your monitor.
>>
>>51319429
>Locked bootloader
>Can't be unlocked
Literally a memephone with gimmicky keyboard nobody gives a shit about.
also
>BlackBerry
Top kek.
>>
>>51333252
>Locked bootloader
>Can't be unlocked
There is no reason to use a custom rom unless you don't want gapps.
>Literally a memephone with gimmicky keyboard nobody gives a shit about.
Hurr guise Itz a meme.
>Blackberry
>Top kek
Confirmed no valid arguments. Have fun on your toy phone.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.