[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>How We Talk About Diversity at Stack Overflow "We have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: CE5lz.png (7 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
CE5lz.png
7 KB, 512x512
>How We Talk About Diversity at Stack Overflow
"We have a Diversity and Inclusion Panel (DIP) at Stack Overflow — you may have read about it in Donna’s post on Why Stack Overflow is a Good Workplace for Women. It’s a grassroots, employee-driven group with volunteers from different departments with varying levels of seniority. We’ve been working hard to make our company one of the best places to work by ensuring individuals feel welcome, valued and respected."

"The panel was formed when a group of employees noticed that conversations were happening all over the company about diversity, or the lack thereof, both at Stack Overflow and in the tech industry. We wanted to consolidate the discussions and efforts to get everyone on the same page and make a bigger difference. DIP’s Google Group and monthly meetings served this purpose for quite some time before we decided it wasn’t enough. The conversations that we were curating were too valuable to keep to ourselves; the entire company deserved to be part of those conversations if they were interested. We needed to create a comfortable space for everyone at Stack Overflow to be able to engage with each other on diversity issues."

"Roughly once a month, we host a one-hour chat in our company-wide chat room to candidly and respectfully discuss diversity. It’s 100% internal and only for employees who are interested in participating. The chat is structured with 1-3 volunteers, who are arranged ahead of time, starting our discussion by sharing personal experiences related to diversity. Anyone can ask questions, offer support, share their own experiences, or simply observe. We chose our existing chat room because we wanted to meet people where they were already talking and eliminate speaking over each other. It would also allow us to save the conversations as artifacts that employees could read after the fact if they miss the live chat or want to re-absorb the information."

>2 0 1 5
>using the stackoverjew
>>
I feel bad for the non-sjw employees of stack (if there are any), that entire post is just
▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓
▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒
▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▓▓▒▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓
>>
>>51315562

>MOVED BY KEKMOD FOR: DUPLICATE POST OF: COMPLETELY UNRELATED POST
>>
>>51316012
I swear I typed kek,wtf is this hit chinkmoot
>>
TOXIC
O
X
I
C
>>
>>51316012
wtf,again also I swear I typed shit

shit
s h i t
sh it
s hit

c u c k
kek
cu ck
>>
>>51315562
I'm really proud of large and notable organizations standing up for minorities and women in the tech industry. This was long overdue and will help the tech industry become a much more open and inclusive community for all races, genders, and sexual orientation.
>>
>Beyond Coding Recap: Helping Emerging Developers Launch Careers
"We couldn't have asked for a better group of students to spend the next few months with. They came from a diverse range of backgrounds and genders - 69% identified as male, 31% identified as female."
>>
>>51315562
Now all they need is Society and Humanities Innovation Technology to develop into a real Silicon Valley tech company.
>>
>Why Stack Overflow is a Good Workplace for Women
"During my first month at Stack, Roberta, one of our developers, shared stories of the sexism and microaggressions that she faced regularly at developer events."
>>
>>51316051
hiroshima nagasaki put the word filters in place a while ago

surprised it took you so long to notice

also filtered:
"tb_h" and "fa_m" without the underscores to desu and senpai respectively

baka desu senpai
>>
>>51316519
What's baka filtering then?
>>
>>51316012
kek
>>
>>51315562
>website mostly revolving around discussing technology in some way or another
>starts yapping about gender issues and other bullshit that is 0% relevant to the concept of the website
This would be like a doctor telling you you need to do your homework more: not your field of expertise, wasting people's time and overstepping the line of meddling, pops.
>>
>>51316279
I would literally quit
>>
this desu senpai kek
>>
>>51316091
It's is actually quite good news for me. Written in ruby you say, exemplary job. TFW earn mad dosh fixing all this competently written code from diversity mills like this.
>>
>>51319519
>It's is
damn me.
>>
>>51316695
"sm_h" < remove _
>>
Kind of related
https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/3721
>>
>>51322557
You're telling me.

https://github.com/nodejs/inclusivity/issues/9

I had high hopes for node, why do the sjws have to ruin things that I like?
>>
>>51322557
>>51323130
>isaacs

The kekiest of keks.
>>
>>51315562
Kek
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.