[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
List me pros and cons of nvidia/AMD so I can make an educated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: nvidia-amd.jpg (42 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
nvidia-amd.jpg
42 KB, 650x300
List me pros and cons of nvidia/AMD so I can make an educated decision on my purchase
And don't lie you shills
>>
>>51313212
Generally speaking, nvidia is more power efficient relative to performance and has features that lazy developers cater for more.

AMD on the other hand benefits from cheaper purchase cost and, generally speaking, higher vRAM for your bucks.

Really depends on what sort of application and needs you have.
>>
Gameworks werks better on nividia
>>
Generally speaking you should evaluate the individual products rather than being loyal to a brand.
There's no benefit to being brand loyal as the devices they both sell have to fall under very strict standards.
>>
>>51313212
Nvidia's technology is more advanced and efficient with a higher cost.

AMD goes for the brute force approach with a cheaper price tag.
>>
Nvidia
>Manipulates devs + bribes to get optimized games. Your favorite game might run better on nvidia.
>Better "driver community" again your favorite game might get a driver update which makes it run better on nvidia
>More expensive
>Better optimized for 1080p in terms of price per performance

AMD
>Good value for money
>Less frequent driver updates
>Less coop with game devs
>Better optimized for 4k price per performance

Thats a few points i could think of. Personally it comes down to personal preference and the current best bang for bucks solution. Right now i prefer amd because the whole driver debacle has never bothered me. And i cannot justify paying almost twice as much for some money hungry jews.
>>
amd's cards last more, nvidia's get optimized on release day but their older cards get fucked in the long run. if you don't have the latest nvidia card, you're gonna get shafted
>>
>>51313212
Nvidia cards works better on Linux (unless you're using an Optimus laptop)
>>
>ask about brand A vs brand B
>expect serious, unbiased, answers
how about no.
Ask about specific cards and you might get good replies though.

bang for your buck: R9 390
best performance: GTX 980ti
best mini ITX: GTX 960
best budget card: R9 380
>>
>>51314999
Why isn't fury X the best mini ITX?
>>
>>51314999
Best small case card is R9 Nano
>>
>>51313212
You know Op you're asking the wrong question. Instead you should state what you are going to use the card for. If you want Cuda, then go with Nvidia. If you want open cl performance get AMD. If you want to play games, then go online and look at benchmarks for the types of games you play or want to play. If you notice a lot of them have gameworks then get Nvidia l. If they are amd optimized then get amd. Personally I went from an amd 7850 to a gtx 760 just because it had more performance then the amd equivalent
>>
Nvidia makes better cards, but their business practices range from shady to downright disgusting.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.