[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With its scale.. With the way you use it..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 16
File: ipad_pro_.png (2 MB, 2000x1451) Image search: [Google]
ipad_pro_.png
2 MB, 2000x1451
With its scale..

With the way you use it..
>>
>>51309092

You seen its benchmarks, nigga? That thing is trading blows with the Surface Pro 3, and it even costs $100 less.

Time to stop denying it: the iPad Pro is a real computer, and we're only seeing the beginning of what's about to happen.
>>
>>51309107
IPad has always been..

Uniquely immersive.
>>
>>51309107
It's a real computer with a mobile OS.
It's nothing more than an entertainment device.
When they put OSX on there, then we'll talk
>>
>>51309126
Not really. All it needs is more focused apps.

Microsoft is putting out real office for it. This thing is real.
>>
>>51309126

"Mobile OS" needs to stop being such a dirty word. In the case of the iPad Pro, all it means is that it's optimized for a touch screen (the most portable form of input) and is more power-efficient (so you can use it in a portable manner for longer).

It is a PORTABLE COMPUTER. Its attributes aid it in being PORTABLE. It isn't necessarily any less capable because it's not running a KB+M-optimized OS.

(By the way, I'd like to mention that keyboard support on iOS is actually pretty good. Sometimes I forget I'm not using a very tiny Mac.)
>>
>>51309107
>trading blows
on a single core - mobile benchmarker.
>>
>>51309164

That is the single most relevant indicator of a mobile phone's overall real-world computing power.
>>
If the ipad is so good how come I can only have 2 apps open at one time? When on windows I can literally have 20 switching between them with no problem.

This is a joke for productivity unless apple does something about this its still a OS that belongs in a phone.
>>
>>51309164

Also, you're thinking of the Surface Pro 4. In Geekbench multi-core, the iPad Pro is almost perfectly tied with the Surface Pro 3. The two are practically indistinguishable. In single-core, it wins handily.

We 'real computer' now. Deal w/ it.
>>
>>51309233

>If the ipad is so good how come I can only have 2 apps open at one time?

Nobody really knows why that is. If there's demand for it, it'll probably happen in subsequent generations and/or software updates. You've gotta figure, if the iPad Air 2 with 2GB RAM can handle two apps, there wouldn't be much stopping the Pro with 4GB from handling four.

>When on windows I can literally have 20 switching between them with no problem.

Here's the thing, though: in most cases, you might not really want to. I personally find that there's a sort of zen in monotasking. I like that about tablets.

>its still a OS that belongs in a phone.

The irony of that assertion is that the iPhone is the only iOS device that doesn't get split-screen.
>>
>>51309277
>I personally find that there's a sort of zen in monotasking. I like that about tablets

You say that but when you are really working on something is really frustrating to be locked down to this.

Maybe they did that because if you were actually able to put apps on separate windows it would be weird to manipulate with your finger and it wouldn't be a great experience, apple doesn't really like to do that.

Or maybe they are going to release it on the second version. Maybe they didint want to change too much at one time because they wanted people to feel familiar with it but they might slowly be turning the iPad in a convertible.
>>
>>51309323

Eh, I don't know. Even on my 27" iMac, I usually don't end up looking at more than three things simultaneously. I like to keep Safari taking up the right half, with IRC taking up the lower-left, and whatever else is going on in the upper-left.
>>
>>51309323

And, frankly, you can have 20 different apps showing at a time on Windows, but how usable is that going to be on a 12" screen, as it would be on something that would compete with the iPad Pro?

And you can switch between apps on iOS pretty smoothly, if you're using a keyboard. Cmd+Tab works. Very familiar, very intuitive.
>>
>>51309339
Not really simultaneously, just switching between them efficiently

What happens to me often is that I am writing something and I need to be looking at various different documents on my folders and in different tabs internet while doing it. If I had a deadline I would never do that on a tablet, you just cant do that well enough.
>>
>>51309120
Why are you talking

Like this?
>>
>>51309396
To amplify this..

To put it on a much larger scale
>>
>>51309375

Buy two iPads, multittask.

...Kidding, kidding. Yes, that's a fairly valid concern, but I think app switching on iOS is quite a bit better nowadays than you're giving it credit for. The move from 1GB to 2GB of RAM on the iPhone 6S and the iPad Air 2 was a night-and-day difference. Apps don't get kicked out of cache nearly as frequently. Bear in mind that that's with 2GB RAM. The iPad Pro has 4GB.

And between Cmd+Tab and the four-finger swipe, I never have a lot of trouble switching between apps.

I'm not saying it's a *perfect* replacement for a laptop, but it's damn close, and it's actually competitively priced. That's the aspect of the iPad Pro that really shocked me: they actually ventured to *undercut* the Surface Pro. I'd say that, at the very least, they're equally worthy products. I'd personally lean toward the iPad, if only because the iPad actually has a proper mobile-optimized app ecosystem, whereas Windows tablets make you feel like you have an arm (an Intel?) tied behind your back whenever you don't have a keyboard attached.
>>
>>51309396
here nigga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlYC8gDvutc
>>
>>51309415
You have

Autism>>51309415
>>
Holy fuck, where are mods to ban this shillfest.

It's a toy device that goes against everything Apple stood for,

on such a scale,

it makes Steve J spin in his grave so fast,

if you connected his grave to a turbine,

You could power,

THE WORLD.
>>
>>51309092
Did anyone asked Jupiter if it's okay to be used for Apple's shady marketing?
>>
>>51309551
>It's a toy device that goes against everything Apple stood for,

why
>>
>>51309551

It's not a toy, faglord. It is, at bare minimum, as capable as a Surface Pro. Except, unlike the Surface Pro, the iPad Pro doesn't need the gimmicky keyboard cover to be useful.
>>
>>51309560
Ivy:
>surface tries hard at being both a tablet and laptop, and fails miserably at both

What he does:
>so let's do the same

Steve J:
>stylus is a horrible way of input

What Ivy comes up with:
>pencil

etc. etc...
>>
File: 6jti1cS.jpg (53 KB, 907x718) Image search: [Google]
6jti1cS.jpg
53 KB, 907x718
>>51309396
He needs that space to store his ego
>>
>>51309604
That's really stupid point.

Ipad pro its no a laptop or a convertible at any way.

Steve said that about stylus being the main for of input on phones. Its has nothing to do with drawing.
>>
>>51309623
Says the attention whoring anime faggot.
>>
>>51309604

The Surface and the iPad come from two completely different directions. One comes from the 'laptop' direction, because it's Windows, and the other comes from the 'tablet' direction, being iOS.

With the Surface, you get a laptop that's hamstrung without the keyboard cover, to the point that you almost wonder why you didn't just buy a different laptop.

With the iPad Pro, you get a fully-functional device equipped to do everything its predecessors have ever been able to do, immediately, plus some, thanks to the extra RAM, screen size, digitizer, and optional keyboard.

One is a novelty product that you can't use properly without the accessory that makes it the same as everything else. The other is a complete experience with extra add-ons.

Do I need to spell this out for you any further?
>>
>>51309639
that's not the way you handle getting roasted bud
>>51309623
so fucking adorable
>>
File: 1405804482503.gif (605 KB, 512x588) Image search: [Google]
1405804482503.gif
605 KB, 512x588
>>51309623
>>
>>51309092
So this thing is larger than the planet Jupiter? I'm amazed apple was able to build it that big.

I really wish they would fix the stuck pixel problem though, I mean you can see them every night when you look at the screen.
>>
>>51309650
Lol, you have never used a Windows tablet I see. Even in the Windows RT days, it was the most touch friendly OS out there.

>detach keyboard from Surface Pro
>windows goes into tablet mode
>best touch OS on the planet

It's as productive as with a keyboard with the support for x86 applications.

Now take your toy device and fuck off.
>>
>>51309736

And all that touchscreen-optimized software on the Windows App Store?

...Oh, that's right, there isn't any. You are never, ever going to overcome the app gap.

Stop trying to make Windows tablets happen. They aren't going to happen.
>>
>>51309092
I eat shit

From my hands

Hey, even this sounds relaxing if you voice it like they did in the advertisement
>>
What a shitty picture of Jupiter they've used. They could've used Cassini's at least
>>
>>51309755
That is a far smaller problem than not having software to actually be productive... keep toying around good goy :^)
>>
>>51309793
Are you mad?
>>
>>51309798

You are very retarded. Microsoft representatives were present at the press conference, to show off Microsoft Office, and how it was just as good as Office on any other platform, to the point where they intend to actually charge for it this time around. Adobe is breaking Photoshop up into a bunch of smaller pieces of software that can be run on mobiles, too.

It's very possible to be productive on an iPad. Clearly, you've never tried.
>>
>>51309155
Windows 8 was shit but it was a desktop os. Even had that shitty touchscreen metro design.
>>
i don't really understand people who literally do marketing for free
it's a product they are trying to sell you
making it part of your identity shows how stupid you are, even though they are trying hard for this to happen
>>
Where did the meme

>I eat shit from my hands

come from?

It's

annoying
>>
>>51309820
Nobody that uses any of that seriously would choose an iPad over a laptop do his work. Stop fooling yourself.

People who buy this are pretend artists and apple delusional sheep that because of the word PRO think its worth the extra money for doing exactly the same they would do on a phone.
>>
>>51309847
I agree

It should be banned as spam

And i'm an windows fag.
>>
>>51309847
Indian office humor.
>>
>>51309863
Yes

me

too

I don't

get it
>>
>>51309854

Times change. Microsoft took that productivity-oriented iPad seriously enough that they took the stage to showcase their support for Apple's new Surface competitor. Maybe they sense something you don't?

When you start to get the feeling that everyone's stupid but you, it's often worth taking a good, hard look at your own position, to make god damn sure you're not the stupid one.
>>
>>51309903
They did that because they just want to sell more offices. That doesn't mean the iPad pro is any good.

>When you start to get the feeling that everyone's stupid but you

Who is everyone I might not be smartest but I know more about technology then 80 or 90% of the population that is for sure.
>>
>>51309935
>I know more about technology then 80 or 90% of the population that is for sure.

Are you implying that's anything special?
>>
>>51309935

No, man, wrap your head around this. Microsoft have a product that is similar to this one. They have enough faith in it that, rather than downplaying their iPad support in favor of boosting their own tablet, they chose to show everyone, in the most high-profile way possible, how great their software runs on a product that isn't theirs, and otherwise has absolutely nothing to do with them.
>>
>>51309964
If they were competing with the iPad they wouldn't be doing that. They are not because its a different market
>>
>>51310004

Not necessarily true.

Microsoft productivity software is also available (and top-notch!) for Android and iOS, despite Windows Phone being in direct competition with them. Microsoft did this for the same reason they've made all their other platform-agnostic moves: they see the writing on the wall, and they know their platform isn't the future. Their software can survive, but their OS is poised to fade into irrelevance.

Microsoft thinks the iPad Pro is a good idea. If they didn't, they wouldn't have made the very similar Surface.

Reiterating what I said earlier, the Surface and the iPad Pro are converging on the same space from opposing directions. The Surface starts with a complete product experience (a laptop), and, in order to make it a tablet, you have to remove a core aspect of that experience, with mixed results. The iPad starts as a complete product experience, and then adds onto that, allowing you to do more than before. One approach is clearly better than the other.
>>
>>51309820
>Adobe is breaking Photoshop up into a bunch of smaller pieces of software that can be run on mobiles, too.
When iPad Pro can use full Photoshop and/or Manga Studio, along with proper file management, then we'll have a winner

Meanwhile, Surface Pro can run photoshop, but early footage of the Pro 4 seems to still show considerable lag. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>51310060
I was only talking about the different way they presented. Of course there will office for every popular platform.

Sure the iPad is a great product my point >>51309854
was and is that it is still shit compared to surface for productivity or work.
>>
>>51309820
>implying Office is the only tool to be productive

I would miss the following:
-git
-Eclipse
-Visual Studio
-being able to fire up 2+ VMs
-SQL Server
-MySQL
-Android and WP emulators

But yeah, I know as a starving artist all you need is some sketching app for your "art" and Word to Write your novel at Starbucks.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-12-21-10-40.png (2 MB, 1600x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-12-21-10-40.png
2 MB, 1600x2560
Where were you when Samsung already won years ago?
>>
>>51310082

>proper file management

The iPad doesn't really need "proper file management". You've just been trained to think it does by decades of computers that work that way.

>>51310094

It's not quite as robust as what you'd see on a desktop, but you can get code editors for the iPad that can interface with git.

That aside, Parallels Access is $25/year and covers all your base. Everything your desktop of choice offers you, with all its power, on your tablet, in a tablet-friendly format. I highly recommend it, if you're into those things and also like to go mobile. While I'm sure the Surface can do those things, I can't imagine it's ideal for them.

PS: don't be such a faggot. It's unbecoming.
>>
>>51310144
>why is it hard to find front end developers

Holy shit, why is everyone sharing this piece of shit fud.
>>
>>51310144
And all the iPad pro offers is 2 window mode. Its like apple likes to make these feature-less products on purpose so the 'nerds' wont buy it.
>>
>>51310147
>code editors
>not able to run and test it once I "code it"

Dude, please don't. And don't even get me started on Parallels. My next device will probably be a Yoga 900 or Surface Book, not some overpriced toy that would require me to pay subscriptions to make it half way usable.
>>
>>51310182
Only apps that have been written to be so from scratch can multitask I heard
>>
>>51310182

How many windows do you typically view simultaneously on your 12" tablet?

>>51310185

Oh no, subscription fees! After four years, they might add up to a whopping 1/15 of what you paid for your ridiculous "performance" laptop!

Seriously. Getting a $1500 (at bare minimum!) laptop instead of a $700 convertible tablet just so you can avoid paying a $25/year subscription fee to leverage the power of a badass desktop from said tablet is truly the pinnacle of retardation.

What a bad argument.
>>
It's a fucking giant tablet with a mobile is, the most intensive work you could do with it is chat on Facebook at look some tweets, that is.
>b-but Microsoft will be putting the real office on it!!!
Unless you use office (specially excel) to just write a couple of tablets, you won't be able to do shit more on it.
>>
>>51310234
You are seriously trying too hard. When it comes to work, there isn't a single person that would seriously consider using this. Its still just an accessory. More useful accessory, but an accessory.
>>
Holy shill
>>
>>51310246

I can tell you've never actually tried to power-use an iPad. It's surprisingly workable, even on the 10" Air 2, sans digitizer and fancy-pants keyboard cover, and with half the RAM.

Again: did you *see* the benchmarks? It's roughly equivalent to a Surface Pro 3. That is a "real computer".

>>51310260

We'll see, won't we?
>>
it's literally surface RT. why doesn't anyone seem to remember that the PROBLEM WITH RT WAS ONLY BEING ABLE TO INSTALL MARKETPLACE APPS
>>
>>51310234
Mein neger, this will be my last response.

A Yoga 900 is 900ish USD for a machine that can do all the work listed.

By the time I get a keyboard and shit for the iPad, it's at the same price.

And Parallels is 49.99/year, and it's just a remote desktop app. Where is the price of setting up that remote machine and keeping it running.

Fuck off fucking NEET.

Oh right, you're not a neet,

You're a shill.
>>
>>51310296

Parallels Access is not just a remote desktop app. Screens is a remote desktop app. Parallels Access actually formats your apps so that they display properly on your tablet, for a 'native' feel.

And Parallels Access is $20/year, or $35 for two years. You fucking idiot.

http://www.parallels.com/products/access/compare-plans/
>>
>>51310275
I wonder how many times you have posted in this thread already?

>65 posts and 19 posters

When you say "we'll see" is because you know this thing shit, but you somehow think that suddenly everyone is going to buy it and tablets are going to replace computers, and everyone is just content themselves in paying more for doing less.

Never going to happen my friend.
>>
>>51310347

Yes, and the iPad was just a giant iPhone, and was a stupid idea that nobody would be interested in.

Times change. Products evolve. We're probably witnessing that right now.
>>
>>51310275
Nigga, I AM USING AN IPAD AIR 2 RIGHT NOW.
there's no way the iPad pro or any iPad will be as useful as the weakest of notebooks, simply because iOS is a mobile is designed for entertainment, that's it.
>>
>>51310363
Ok m8. Good luck with your revolution. Good luck competing with everyone else too.
>>
>>51310396

That's why I have Parallels Access, Textastic, and Microsoft Office on my iPad, right? For entertainment? Not for productivity?

>>51310405
>what is the iPod
>what is the iPhone
>what is the iPad
>what is the Macbook Air

None of these were new ideas, but Apple went and supported them, did them well, proved that they could be done, and they caught on in a HUGE way. I remember making fun of the Macbook Air in 2009 for being a gimped piece of shit. Now, it's Apple's best-selling notebook, and I'm using one myself, and it's awesome.

If you think Apple doesn't get people to look at computing differently, you're delusional.
>>
>>51310147
What?? I didnt need file manager??

You are seriously overhype the ipad pro..

Even apple didnt think ipad pro will replace macbook pro
>>
>>51310455

It's not meant to replace the Macbook Pro.

It's actually kind of an odd duck that way. Apple converged on a middle ground from both directions. You have the 12" Retina Macbook, a traditional laptop about the size and shape of the iPad Pro, fanless and running OSX. Then, you have the iPad Pro, a convertible tablet about the size and shape of the 12" Macbook, fanless and running iOS.

iPad Mini -> iPad -> iPad Pro/Macbook <- Macbook Air <- Macbook Pro

It's weird. But it just might be crazy enough to work.
>>
>>51310490
Then why do I need ipad pro when I can buy macbook air for less than the price?
>>
>>51310490
Surface is literally better for literally everything that the macbook/ipad pro can do.
>>
>>51310526

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The Macbook Air starts at ~$1000, at least for the lowest-end model anyone would want (13", 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD), and its display is incurably awful. The iPad Pro starts at $800, and you get a digitizer and an actual good screen.

Either way, maybe you just prefer a tablet. Believe it or not, a lot of people do nowadays.

>>51310540

Except, y'know, the part about being a tablet. The Surface is a decent laptop, but a thoroughly mediocre tablet. The iPad Pro is a great tablet that now also does laptop things.
>>
>>51310595
>Except, y'know, the part about being a tablet

Please explain what you mean by that.
>>
>>51310600

The iPad is a better tablet than the Surface is, because it's backed by an actual established ecosystem of touch-optimized software. Microsoft literally pays curry-niggers to write knock-off apps for the Windows App Store. I wish I was kidding.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2472863/mobile-apps/microsoft-subsidizes-developers-up-to--600-000-per-windows-phone-app.html

The iPad Pro is a great tablet that now has a keyboard, instead of a mediocre tablet that needs a keyboard to reach its full potential. The Surface Book is even worse on that front. Three hours of battery life while undocked? You've got to be fucking kidding me.
>>
>>51310595
In my country I can buy 13 inch mbpr for less than ipad pro 128gb

Did you ever use surface pro?

I didnt know why you overrated the ipad pro productivity and underrated surface pro tablet functionality
>>
>>51310636
Yes but touch apps are nothing more than webpages. Literally millions of touch optimized adware and webpages. That's hardly what you can call software.

The iPad might be better at this. But that's is the worst thing to be better at. You can just to go the internet if you want that.

Surface wins.
>>
>>51310646

I did use the Surface Pro, yeah. It has almost no useful touch-optimized apps compared to a touch-first platform like iOS. For fuck's sake, Microsoft had to pay a third party to write a Facebook app because Facebook wouldn't do it themselves.

>>51310681
>Yes but touch apps are nothing more than webpages.

This is true on Android, but it is most certainly *not* true on iOS. Apple strongly encourages the development of native applications as opposed to web wrappers. Shit like Zillow is SO much better on an iPad than in a web browser.
>>
>>51310705
That is true but doesn't make it worth buying over a surface.
>>
>>51310716

Yes it does.

If it's a tablet, it needs to be good at being a tablet. It needs to have big, touchable buttons, standardized menus and consistent design language. The Surface is not good at being a tablet.

If it's a laptop, it needs to be good at being a laptop. It needs to do many things, including standing up on its own under various condition. The Surface is not particularly good at being a laptop.

The Surface is mediocre (and stalled) at being a tablet, and mediocre at being a laptop. The iPad is great at being a tablet, and mediocre (but improving quickly) at being a laptop.
>>
>>51310740
You're just trying too hard. Surface is a great computer you can use for multiple useful things including actual work. Its also portable as fuck.

Ipad is a toy. It might be more pretty and comfortable to use sometimes but that is it.
>>
>>51310705
You just didnt want to lose the argument on the internet do you?

I love gadget and I have phone,tablet and notebook that use ios, Osx, android ,windows and many more..

I just cant see the diffrence between android apps and ios apps functionality..

For sure you just being troll right?
>>
>>51310761

The iPad is not a toy. It's usually all I carry, unless I anticipate needing Windows or USB ports for something (usually tech support house calls). I use my iPad for actual work.

>>51310765

If you can't see the difference between Android tablet apps and iOS tablet apps in terms of functionality, you've completely neglected to try one or the other. Android tablet apps are *awful*. In most cases, they don't really do anything different for the fact that they're so much bigger, they just scale up the phone interface to fit the bigger screen.

Are you typing this on a Braille keyboard? Because you must literally be blind not to notice the difference between a Galaxy Tab and an iPad.
>>
>>51310819
>I use my iPad for actual work.

I'm sure that's some very important work you do..
>>
>>51310819
Ooh I forgot 1 thing the only android I use is only phone
>>
>>51310819
What I mean is android or ios for phone
>>
>>51310842

E-mail, word processing, web browsing, making presentations, group messaging, writing code, etc. The same things most professionals use their computers for most of the time.

>>51310860

For reals, though. My last tablet was a $700 12" Galaxy Note, and it was complete garbage.

>>51310882

This discussion isn't really about phones, though the gap is indeed a bit narrower on phones than it is on tablets. However, one important thing to consider is that Android's update model and security model are dire liabilities. They get new versions late, if ever, and that has more consequences than just not getting new features. It leaves you vulnerable to very real security breaches. Apple, on the other hand, actually cares enough to patch their shit. If only for that reason, iOS is generally the way to go. If not iOS, then at least a Nexus. Something with some longevity, you know?
>>
>>51310740
>It needs to do many things, including standing up on its own under various condition. The Surface is not particularly good at being a laptop.

They iPad is even worse at standing up on it's own and yet:

>and mediocre (but improving quickly) at being a laptop

You're not even trying, and I fell for it. Fuck, gg faggot.
>>
>>51310920

Have you tried using a keyboard on an iPad lately? Because it's actually pretty great.

Cmd+Tab works the way you'd expect it to, the tablet wakes the way you'd expect it to when you hit a key, Siri responds to long-presses of the Home key.

In Safari, Cmd+W, Ctrl+Tab, and most other OSX-style navigation hotkeys work the way you'd expect them to in OSX. In Word, navigation hotkeys also work the way you'd expect them to in OSX.

It's really a lot better than you think it is. It's not perfect, but it's good enough in a whole lot of use cases, and it's only getting better.
>>
File: 1441123830814.jpg (61 KB, 500x573) Image search: [Google]
1441123830814.jpg
61 KB, 500x573
ARM CPU
R
M

C
P
U
>>
>>51310947
>>51310915

So you are using something worst on purpose because your some kind of idealist that believes this is the future?

Apple must love people like you.
>>
>>51310966

Still benches in the neighborhood of the Surface Pro 3. The A9X is literally the best mobile processor in the world at the moment.

>>51310972

It's not even worse. It's better in a lot of ways. Laptops are kind of a shitty experience for doing lots of things. Trackpads, for instance, suck so bad on pretty much anything that isn't a Mac that I'd rather be using a touchscreen.

Also, it's light and modular. Need a keyboard? Whip out the keyboard. Don't need it? Don't use it. Need it to be louder? Grab the speaker. Don't need volume? Leave the speaker in your bag. Want to play games? Here's a mini gamepad. Not playing games? Controller stays in bag.

It's exactly what I need it to be, at all times, nothing more, nothing less. Also, it holds battery life like nobody's business, and it charges via USB, which means my big-ass USB power bank can keep it running for days without ever seeing a power outlet.
>>
>>51311005

Not to mention that, at its core, it's a mobile device with a high-DPI screen, and the iPad combined with all of the add-ons I mentioned still only weighs about as much as a Macbook Air.
>>
>>51311005
>Still benches in the neighborhood of the Surface Pro 3. The A9X is literally the best mobile processor in the world at the moment.
True but it's just that, a MOBILE PROCESSOR. It will never be able to run any x86 program ever. You could overclock the A9X to 4GHz and it still wouldn't be able to run photoshop or adobe illustrator.

>inb4 you post some shitty ARM drawing app
>>
>>51310947
Fuck off retard, you know exactly what I meant.

You said the Surface Pro is shit at being a tablet because it has trouble standing up (I assume you're one of those who don' like the kickstand). Yet you say the iPad is on pair at being a laptop, while it has 0 support for anything a professional would need software wise + IT'S EVEN WORSE AT STANDING ON IT'S OWN. THAT KEYBOARD IS A GIMMICK THAT BARELY EVEN KEEPS IT UP ON A FLAT TABLE.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>51311053

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/26/9211193/adobe-photoshop-ios-app-coming-in-october

Adobe is actually working as fast as they can to bring as much of Photoshop's functionality as they can to iOS.

A computer does not need an x86 processor to be useful.
>>
>>51311005
>It's not even worse. It's better in a lot of ways.
Its worst but its better am I right?

>Laptops are kind of a shitty experience for doing lots of things.
Except being actually productive getting work done

>Trackpads, for instance, suck so bad on pretty much anything that isn't a Mac that I'd rather be using a touchscreen.
Nice meem. And no its not. And with a touch screen you just cant get shit done. Mouse/TP is better in every way.

>Also, it's light and modular. Need a keyboard? Whip out the keyboard. Don't need it? Don't use it. Need it to be louder? Grab the speaker. Don't need volume? Leave the speaker in your bag.
WOW.

>Want to play games? Here's a mini gamepad. Not playing games? Controller stays in bag.
Please leave, kid.

>It's exactly what I need it to be, at all times, nothing more, nothing less.
Except when you need it to be useful.

>Also, it holds battery life like nobody's business, and it charges via USB, which means my big-ass USB power bank can keep it running for days without ever seeing a power outlet.

Why? You cant pay for electricity bill anymore because you spend your welfare check on paying your iPad debts?
>>
>>51311080
I'm sure all kinds of serious graphic designers are going to use that.
>>
>>51311115

You ever worked in the field? This will be a godsend.
>>
>>51311129
Exactly. I don't even know how they were able to work before that.

Tim cock is literally graphic designer jesus.
>>
>>51311079

A) The iPad supports lots of things "professionals" would need. I would know, the iPad is my daily driver. For everything the iPad doesn't support natively, there's Parallels Access.

B) Third-party keyboard cases are already being made. If that one's bad at it, I'm sure one of the others will nail it.

>>51311094

>Except being actually productive getting work done
I'm productive on my iPad all the time. I get work done.

>And with a touch screen you just cant get shit done. Mouse/TP is better in every way.
Haha, fuuuuuck no. My fiancee has an Inspiron notebook from a couple years ago, and god DAMN, is that trackpad ever terrible. I'd rather be controlling a Dualshock 4 with chopsticks.

>WOW.
ikr?

>Please leave, kid.
Can't a middle-aged man enjoy Final Fantasy VI in peace?

>Except when you need it to be useful.
It's useful literally all the time. You are in some serious denial.

>Why? You cant pay for electricity bill anymore because you spend your welfare check on paying your iPad debts?
No, I just like my devices to have a charge when I go to use them. And the iPad was $550, the price of a chunky, ugly, mediocre Windows laptop. Good decision as far as I'm concerned.

>>51311115

You would be extremely surprised. I've heard of professional photographers shooting with iPhones. I am not hyperbolizing.
>>
>>51311080
How much you wanna bet it's gonna be a crippled version of Photoshop with reduced functionality?

What about blender, adobe illustrator, inkscape, literally any CAD program, and other tons of usefule x86 programs? When will they get ported to this shitty arm tablet?

Face it, apple shot themselves in the foot. Even macfags will jump shit and get a mbpr when they realize the ipad pro is an oversized iphone with stylus input.
>>
>>51311182

>Even macfags will jump shit and get a mbpr when they realize the ipad pro is an oversized iphone with stylus input.

Funny, that sounds suspiciously like what was said about the iPad, right before it became the best-selling tablet computer ever.

And, again, Parallels Access covers a lot of functionality gaps, and puts a lot more power at your disposal than any professional laptop ever would, no matter what the cost.
>>
>>51311167
Sure its useful, sure you can get work done. But its just worst and crippled experience compared to what you can get done on windows.

It all depends on what you are using it for.

If your main needs is to get work done, you should probably buy a surface or another windows device.

If you are a 12 year old girl, iPad probably fits your needs better.
>>
>>51311167
>I've heard of professional photographers shooting with iPhones

You heard uh? Another hard brick of evidenced brought to us by the Apple master.
>>
Ahhh, so now Apple marketing has unleashed the fucking delusional shit eating faggots out. Time to hide thread
>>
>>51311216
>Funny, that sounds suspiciously like what was said about the iPad, right before it became the best-selling tablet computer ever.
Please don't call it a computer, it's an arm tablet not a computer

>And, again, Parallels Access covers a lot of functionality gaps, and puts a lot more power at your disposal than any professional laptop ever would, no matter what the cost.
This I can agree with, but you don't need an ipad pro to use PA. Hell even android has their own version of this.
>>
>>51311241

My iPad's battery lasts longer.

My iPad doesn't autonomously decide to spend 30 minutes applying updates whether I want it to or not.

My iPad doesn't have a fragile mechanical HDD, like a $550 Windows computer would.

>>51311262

http://www.cnet.com/news/pro-photographer-iphone-julian-calverley-interview/

https://fstoppers.com/commercial/iphone-fashion-shoot-lee-morris-6173

https://fstoppers.com/education/new-iphone-fashion-shoot-bikinis-foam-core-and-flashlights-88260

Wow, it's like I'm not making shit up!

>>51311289

It is a computer. It benches like a Surface Pro 3. Were PPC Macs not computers, just because the weren't x86?
>>
>>51311309
m8 those are all promos, you cant be serious.

Are you actually this deluded by apple?
>>
>>51311309
Yep. Your iPad is also a toy. Good bye.
>>
>Surface Pro 3

Aren't we on the 4 now?

In what world is it an achievement for a new Apple product to "almost" compare to a last-generation Microsoft product?
>>
>>51311289

>A device that performs computations is not a computer because it doesn't use my favorite architecture.
>>
>>51311309
>It is a computer. It benches like a Surface Pro 3. Were PPC Macs not computers, just because the weren't x86?
The ipads can't be used as a computer though, they are toys. Just tablets to play angru birds on and draw shitty art on. PPC Macs were home computers, they were used to do work not play angry birds.
>>
>>51311354
We have to draw a line somewhere before we start calling a calculator a "computer" as well.
>>
>>51311329

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/5349132175/nat-geo-5s-scotland

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/18/6339583/iphone-6-and-6-plus-camera-test-iceland

Move the goalposts further, please.

>>51311341
>>51311361

My "toy" runs Microsoft Office, Photoshop, remote access tools, and code editors. I can push to Git.
>>
>>51311376

But it literally is, you jackass. "Computer" was a word used to refer to a guy with a calculator, before we had all these crazy microchips and shit.
>>
>>51311342

A world where the Apple product is $100 cheaper, thinner, lighter, longer-lived, and fanless.
>>
>>51311386
Is an abacus a computer too you fucking moron? A calculator is an appliance and an arm tablet is a toy. Get over it. He's right.
>>
>>51311377
So you actually think iPhone is better for professional photos than an actual camera?

What is even your point here? This could be done with any smartphone.
>>
>>51311396
Too bad they use an arm processor. I have a macbook pro and I wanted to get the ipad pro until I realized it couldn't run os x
>>
File: file.png (244 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
file.png
244 KB, 660x495
>>51311361

Are you fucking retarded? Let me break this down for you.

It murders the surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 4 with the mobile chip in single and multi core benchmarks. It is neck and neck with the i5 SP4 in single core performance, and it isn't that far behind in multi-core performance.
>>
>>51311418

It's not "better", it's just good enough that people definitely would consider using it out of convenience.

The best camera is the one you have.

And don't kid yourself, the iPhone has always been famous for having one of the best, if not THE best, cameras on any smartphone.
>>
>>51311431
But it runs shitty useless toy OS.

These numbers are literally meaningless.
>>
>>51311421

>i have a macbook

And yet you seem to have no understanding of Apple's product lines.
>>
>>51311431
only geekbench
>>
>>51311442

Not a toy. Just different. You regressive idiot.
>>
>>51311440
>if not THE best, cameras on any smartphone.

But it doesn't have.

I'm still trying to understand your point here?
>>
>>51311431
That means jack shit if it can't run x86 programs. Like I said, you could OC this chip to 4.0 GHz and it still wouldn't be able to run x86 photoshop.
>>
>>51311463
Yes it is. Its a toy because it only runs useless fart apps. It doesn't run actual useful software, my delusional child

And besides, any touch orientated OS cant even begin to compare to something designed for m+kb
>>
>>51311449
Do you have any idea how revolutionary the ipad pro would have been if they would have put at least a core m chip in it?

I was so happy when I heard they made a stylus input tablet. All that hype got destroyed when I learned it used a shitty arm processor.
>>
>>51311442

>unix is a toy

It's an OS optimized for mobile experience. Essentially, your post is a tacit admission of Windows being shitty and bloated.

>>51311478

Lose an argument, then make a strawman. A fucking quantum computer wouldn't be able to run an x86 program either? You gonna say that a quantum computer is a toy?
>>
>>51311468

Yes, it actually does. The Nexus 6P and the LG G4 are arguably on par with the iPhone 6S, but they're not objectively any better in any appreciable way.

>>51311478

>x86? What is this useless shit? It'll never be able to run SPARC!

You are this dumb.

>>51311498

Not true, not true, and not true. And you only harm yourself by denying it.
>>
>>51311431
so you take geekbench seriously when bench processor?

here my processor processing when bench geekbench
>>
>>51309233
>When on windows I can literally have 20 switching between them with no problem.
Seeing as how Windows doesn't have very good window managment, I really doubt that.
>>
File: 4L_Mq0vpK2R.jpg (149 KB, 1224x441) Image search: [Google]
4L_Mq0vpK2R.jpg
149 KB, 1224x441
>>
>>51311504

Why, so it could be less powerful and have worse battery life?
>>
>>51311506
Are you saying there is an entire library of professional software for iPad hiding somewhere on the internet that nobody know about except you?

Please share with us master.
>>
File: ipad_pro_wins2.jpg (499 KB, 1200x3165) Image search: [Google]
ipad_pro_wins2.jpg
499 KB, 1200x3165
>>51309107
it's over.
>>
MODS hurry up, drink your coffee already and ban these fucking shills. I'm a macfag myself but the ipad pro is fucking dogshit and everyone knows that. Only paid shills would try to sell this turd.
>>
>>51311431

I did a google search for benchmarks and it looks like he chose the first, but there are dozens.
>>
>>51311544
And what are you going to do with it? Play angry birds? Slowly write an email? have 2 (two) apps opened at the same time?
>>
>>51310144
What is this on, a Note 5?
>>
>>51311523
So I could run photoshop and adobe illustrator which I use often.

Did you know you can even run a virtual machine of ios on a mbpr? That makes owning an arm ios tablet literally a waste of your hard earned cash.
>>
>>51311516

The Magic Mouse is a truly dumb design, but it has nothing to do with anything that's being discussed here.

The Apple Pencil's charging is tangentially related. However, what that picture doesn't tell you is that it only needs to sit like that for about two minutes to give you several hours of usage. Plus, I hear they're working on a better way to charge it that isn't quite so phallic.

>>51311523

Exactly! That's what we want from a portable computer, right?

>>51311535

I already did, shithead. Read the thread. Office, Photoshop, code editors, collaborative messaging, note-taking, and let Parallels fill in the gaps.

>>51311575

>slowly write an email

It's called a Bluetooth keyboard, you ignorant piece of shit.
>>
File: file.png (244 KB, 321x360) Image search: [Google]
file.png
244 KB, 321x360
>>51311547

I didn't see anyone trying to sell it, only to point out gross misinformation.
>>
>>51311595

>working on a better way?

How fucking tough can it be? Female lightning port on a 1 inch circular dock. . .

Also, Steve Jobs for his faults would never have stood for shit like that.
>>
>>51310540
/thread
>>
>>51310636
reported as shill
>>
>>51311639

Name a single thing I said in that post that is objectively untrue.
>>
itt: paid apple shills

wow , apple must be pretty desperate to sell these arm tablets to you dumb fucks.
>>
how on earth you use iPad for work when it didn't have USB port and file manager?
>>
>>51311622

It actually could be mildly difficult to actually begin manufacturing, especially when there currently are no female Lightning ports on anything other than iOS devices themselves. They might have to actually design it and set up the line and shit.

>>51311670

USB port? For what? We have wireless network printing, Bluetooth keyboards, and cloud storage.

File manager? For what? Apps already know where to find the files they need. And, on rare occasions when they don't, throw it up on your cloud storage. You can browse that, totally painless.
>>
MODS!!

We have real paid apple shills on this thread, please ban them.
>>
>>51311709

I understand, but it the goddamned pen clearly has the ability to draw power on some of its pins, so how fucking hard can it be to create a female port with the appropriate voltage on those pins?
>>
File: file.png (29 KB, 448x655) Image search: [Google]
file.png
29 KB, 448x655
>>51311718
>>
What the fuck is up with all these paid shill, I own apple products but I seriously thing the ipad pro is a huge joke. Why would any sane human being get an ipad pro over a macbook pro?
>>
two years ago iFags would be laughed out of this board
now half this board is literally iFags
>>
You know what? Just for fun, I'm going to humor you.

I'm not a shill, though. Just home sick with nothing better to do than camp this thread and argue with you fags.
>>
>>51309107
>real computer
>iOS

Lol
>>
>>51311755
We fucking hate the ipad pro though.
>>
File: 1117277443.jpg (144 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1117277443.jpg
144 KB, 900x675
>>51311758
HOLY SHIT M8
>>
>>51311709
wow!!!! just wow!!

what if my internet is down??
so I didn't need to work that day??
>>
>>51311758
Have fun being banned.
>>
>>51311755

and before that it was freetards
>>
>>51311785

Presumably, you'd go somewhere else that gets internet access. Me, I just toggle my phone's wireless hotspot and keep on keepin' on.
>>
>>51311787
Mods know about all the samefags. They dont give a fuck.
>>
>>51311784
I had no idea paid shills actually existed. I thought they were just a meme.
>>
>>51311803
Paid shills actually existing is where the meme came from in the first place.
Various headlines showing that parts of marketing budgets went towards people who shilled on forums.
>>
>>51311803
>>51311819

Believe me, I wish Apple paid me to sit at home in my underwear and shitpost on 4chan while eating croissanwiches. They do not.
>>
>>51311778
This, why the fuck did apple betray us with this piece of shit? Also the pencil dick thing is very disappointing as well. Tim cock has ruined apple.
>>
>>51311758
You must be so proud.
>>
>>51311544
Are there any x264 benchmarks for A9X?
>>
File: file.png (41 KB, 527x684) Image search: [Google]
file.png
41 KB, 527x684
>>51311718
>>
>>51311825
So you do it for free? That's even worse you fucking dipshit.
>>
Why are all /g/ tin foil types?
>>
>>51311834

No, not particularly. I'm at home instead of at work because I've got green shit coming out two orifices and brown shit coming out another. Not exactly my proudest moment.

>>51311848

I correct /g/ when and where it's wrong. And you guys are wrong about iOS.
>>
>>51311825
That's exactly what a paid apple shill would say. Funs over man, we know you're a paid shill now. Enjoy getting banned.
>>
>>51311859
Do you not see your own kind calling the ipad pro shit? This isn't even about ios anymore, it's about apple completely ruining what could have been a godly amazing apple pc tablet with precision stylus input. Tim cook has literally fucking ruined apple.
>>
>>51311869

I swear to you that I'm not a shill...

...but I also swear to you that I'm always here.

I post more than almost anybody. I've influenced you guys' groupthink before, and I'll do it again. Not for money. Not for employment. Not for favor. Just because I think it's the right thing to do.

I love anonymous message boards.
>>
>>51311900
[*shilling intensifies*]
>>
>>51311544
who cares? it wouldn't throttle anyways.
>>
File: staysafe.jpg (113 KB, 944x544) Image search: [Google]
staysafe.jpg
113 KB, 944x544
>>51309092
>>
>>51309585

It can't even write software for itself, what a useless pile of crap. Its reliant on a big boy computer to actually expand its functionality.
>>
>>51309277
>Zen in monotasking

Idiot detected.
>>
>>51309155
The reason mobile OS is a dirty word is because it generally means the software developed for it is not going to be as fleshed out as that which is developed for a fully-fledged computer. It's up to Apple to incentivize developers to produce actual good programs for it.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2732x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2732x2048
Two app multitasking is still useful. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.