[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a chromebook with opensuse, my problem is it only has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
I have a chromebook with opensuse, my problem is it only has 16 gigs, and it's actually affecting my school work.

How do you guys cope with this, I've thought of having an external HDD, but wanted to hear some opinions and experiences before moving forward.
The issue is that I need to practice photoshop and illustrator for my certificates, but since I won't be able to go to school and practice I'll be forced to do it at home, so yeah.
>>
File: 512gbsandisk-100429437-orig.jpg (435 KB, 1275x1575) Image search: [Google]
512gbsandisk-100429437-orig.jpg
435 KB, 1275x1575
???
>>
There are some very small 64GB flash drives that you can connect and then forget about. Like the SanDisk ones.
>>
Sleep tight hammers

>also how much could you theoretically expand a chromebook storage? Are there any limitatins to it?

>Inb4 use external storage
Yeah but i meant to expand its inner SSD so to installato more apps/programs
>>
>>51308883
this
Does your chromebook support these?
>>
I don't want to sleep.
>>
>>51308843
Some chromebooks have upgradable m.2 ssds. About 60$ gets you 128gb
>>
File: 1447173163821.jpg (44 KB, 606x336) Image search: [Google]
1447173163821.jpg
44 KB, 606x336
>>51308883
>$719

Well........
>>
>>51308889
I have a micro sandisk USB flash drive its 64 gigs USB 3.0 and a fire hazard
>>
>>51308843
Give us the model number. It might be possible to change the inner SSD to a bigger one. Check http://zipso.net/chromebook-specs-comparison-table/ to see if something can be done about it.
>>
>>51312227
Asus chromebook c201.
>>
>>51312573
I have the same one. I got it because it had, literally, the the worst specs of any chromebook, and also the lowest price.

You can't expect this thing to do what you want. I use mine as a $100 throwaway. I don't mind typing on it while eating lunch, if I spill on it it's cheap to replace and all my stuff is on the cloud. But besides word processing, viewing e-textbooks, and video streaming, it doesn't do much else.
>>
>>51312180
HEALTHY
>>
>>51308843
Do all your school work on google drive, that was the whole reason why chromebooks were given so little HDD space. If you are afraid of botnet then just buy a rPI connect it to an external hardrive and set up an ssh server. Whenever you finish a project store it off laptop. Your projects shouldn't be exceeding 10GB anyway.
>>
>>51308843
sleep tight hammers

Also, you might be able to get a new ssd for it, depending on the model. Usually they use M.2 ssds, but the short ones. Some models have the memory directly soldered to the board though, so you might need to use an sd card like the first guy said.
>>
>Chromebook

Found your problem
>>
>>51312180
HAES
>>
>>51308843
Considered posting on /a/ exclusively
>>
>How do you guys cope with this
I don't use a shitty chromebook
You could have got a reallap top for not much more. How doo you even run photoshop on that?
>>
>>51324061
photoshop cs6 can be run without installation, you just save it on your usb and voila

you can also get illustrator, and do the same thing with the portable version
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.