[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/kodi/ - much better than mpv, vlc, mpc-hc, pot player, ...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: mzl.nhgwellg.png (58 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
mzl.nhgwellg.png
58 KB, 1024x1024
> favourite skin?
eminence 2 mod

> favourite addon?
cu lrc lyrics

> favourite release?
jarvis

> favourite operating system?
openelec

> favourite htpc device?
intel nuc
>>
im a mature adult so i use plex
>>
>>51308386
On my nexus player it's not picking up any samba shares, I just get "Broken pipe".
Same on another (x86) android device I tried it on.
Fun stuff.
>>
>>51308409
bravo shitdroid
>>
Plex is superior, if only because it legitimized itself enough to become available on game consoles, smart TVs, and streaming set-top boxes.
>>
kodi is all good and nice but its not quite for playing media from a local hdd like mpc-hc, as a media player attached to tv and streaming videos from external sources is where its place is quite like vlc
you can use it for playing media but theres better alternatives than kodi on desktop
>>
Plex addons is nowhere near kodi's level though. Genesis, 1channel...
>>
Can this do seekable video transcoding on the fly? Looking for a Plex replacement.
>>
>>51310376

I doubt you're ever going to find anything that's as good at that as Plex. In my experience, Kodi is questionable even when seeking through content being played locally in its native format.
>>
I was starting to setup my shit in kodi but it's such a pain in the ass and isn't even that comfy

I watch just about every currently airing anime, so switching between shows is a lot slower than shoving it all in a vlc playlist. I like that I can navigate with my Wii U Pro Controller, but it's not really worth it. I rearranged a FUCKTON of files to improve the kodi experience. I have a lot of anime with multiple seasons or just related shows (e.g. Fate/*) in the same folders and was unnesting them so that I'd get separate cover art for each season/show. Then I was mad at the shitty localized names so I looked up how to switch from tvdb to something else. Got anidb. Turns out they have weird shitty romanizations that differ slightly from MAL. On the bright side they accepted alternate names so that even if it displayed different it would still find the show and give art. Added alternates to 3 or so shows that weren't detected right. Made an account just for it. It was a common alternate time. Some controversy over wo/o in Japanese show names. Same moderator denies all of them, links to some b.s. in the rules that discusses their type of romanization despite this being a common thing that's accepted. Didn't seem like I could use something besides/better than anidb. Spent hours just doing all that. Basically gave up.

>favorite skin
never was able to change without errors, default skin was okay

>favorite addon
didn't really have any significant ones I remember

>favorite release
haven't used it enough to remember any certain ones over others. I remember frodo and then I also used whatever the latest on debian-testing was

>favorite operating system
Arch GNU/Linux is my favorite with Debian as a close second.

>favorite htpc device
ThinkPad T420 hooked to TV with displayport to HDMI adapter and controlled with a combo of Wii U Pro Controller and my mechanical keyboard with a bluetooth adapter + old logitech m505
>>
>>51310404
Damn. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>51310476
hit character limit and/or forgot to mention a couple things

besides moving folders I also did lots of show renaming, such as separating Unlimited Blade Works into two folders with a (year) in the title to get more art and also adding (2015) to Ushio to Tora so that it didn't sohw the art for the decades old one

Also specifically my T420 because it has an nvs4200m and can handle all my anime well. I briefly used a shitty Eee PC and I remember Hanamonogatari stuttering with some of the background animation (bulldozers and shit, very shiny stuff).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.