[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else agree with me that apple products have a strange
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (596 KB, 2222x2560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
596 KB, 2222x2560
Does anyone else agree with me that apple products have a strange allure that you can't really explain?
>>
>marketing

That was a difficult explanation, I'd better sit down and rest a tick.
>>
>>51306732
It's a feeling that comes while using apple products though
>>
>>51306723
Yeah i get what you mean.
Every time i use an Apple product i get the sudden urge to suck a guys dick.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 392x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 392x392
>>51306753
OP BTFO
>>
>>51306723
I agree, actually. I'm on my Samsung Chromebook typing this though, but my rMBP is the shit and I love it to death. Puts my old u310 to shame. I do have Ubuntu on the rMBP too, though... but OSX is great, and if you don't have a reason where you specifically need a different OS, it's completely fine for day to day use.

Now if only they were cheap, I'd actually recommend them.

But they're not, so I don't.
>>
File: no homo.png (252 KB, 561x435) Image search: [Google]
no homo.png
252 KB, 561x435
>>51306746
The feeling of being cummed inside
>>
>>51306818
Top tier artist right there.
>>
>>51306753
That urge was always in you. It's your allegiance to memes that brings it out.
>>
>>51306723
What, they're (usually) well built?
The computers are usually quite nice. Mice are shit though.
>>
>>51306746
Marketing.
>>
i have a late 2013 imac. 27in model.

from a pure desktop usage perspective its utterly fantastic. great machine for regular day to day tasks. it runs cool thanks to apples strict thermal throttling.

the OS is what really makes it though. i've always been a fan of apple's OS. loved os 9 and 10 has really come a long way. the layout of its UI makes it pleasant to use. it has a full fledged terminal shipped by default running bash. able to install and utilize all the unix / linux goodies. finder has more customization than windows explorer. i mean you can actually add and remove icons from the toolbar in finder. only one control panel (system preferences) and it actually has useful options. sane options without the bloat. overall usability of the UI imo is terrific. the top menu bar, the dock, and finder all comes together extremely well. and when finder isn't enough i have ranger and the unix tools with terminal.

from a performance perspective the poor thing tries so hard. the 1440p screen makes its 755m cry in a corner. i can only play sc2 smoothly with everything set to low and in window mode that's size is equivalent to 1366 x 768. the thermal throttling also makes sure my processor doesn't run at its max speed for to long. usually runs 100 - 400mhz lower than its full speed of 3.2ghz (desktop 4570) when all four cores are maxed out. it never achieves its turboboost speed. it never goes past 3.2ghz.

overall even though i enjoy the UI, the current flat trend isn't growing on me. i miss the look mavericks had. i also miss the green button being a maximize window button instead of fullscreen. mavericks had it right with a dedicated button for fullscreen while keeping green, green.

the 27in screen is amazing, but it be nice if they brought back the 24in. i find 27in to be too big for every day stuff. the 24in was the perfect size. not to big, not small. i use my secondary 144hz 24in display more.

imacs need to go back being easy to open and work on yourself.
>>
>>51306845
MAH NIGGA!
>>
Herd mentality and peer pressure, you'll feel accepted after starting to belong and it gives you security and comfort.

The products are not bad enough to make you question it, so it goes on.
>>
File: applethen.png (1 MB, 1200x2000) Image search: [Google]
applethen.png
1 MB, 1200x2000
>>51307028
i miss the optical drive. i do have an external blu-ray drive for movie ripping's, and i don't use it often, but when i need it, i need it. it was also nice for that extra space for an additional ssd / hd.

apple needs to give some love to their full size keyboard. and train their employees to know what it is and yes, it exists. i remember when i bought mine at the store they thought it was wireless.

they need to hire people who know how to make mice.

os x is a ram whore. 6 days on, just sitting at desktop, 2 - 3gb of ram used with nothing else running in the background. just idling at desktop.

apple needs into gpu drivers.

apple needs into features again.

apple needs into function again.
>>
No, but they have an obvious and explainable allure:

Good laptop screens that are sized for work instead of for watching movies without black bars
>>
>>51307090
I'm a PC. Just senpai my shit up
>>
>>51307070
>RAM whore
It's caching.
>Features/function
But if you have a thinkpad-tier machine like a classic macbook pro, you don't need to buy a shitload of adapters and apple-branded peripherals

i mean, uh

YOU'RE LIVING IN THE PAST LIKE A NEEEEERD THINNESS AT ALL COSTS IS THE FUTURE
>>
>>51307177
Imagine if you called a MacBook Pro 'thinkpad tier' back when they were current
>>
Apple products seem good until you use them.
>>
>>51306746
Eating your own shit
>>
>>51307396
>eating cummies
>>
It's almost like no Windows OEM gives two tugs of a dead dog's dick about design or build quality. Just reams and reams of cheap, shitty mass-market SKUs.

It's so pervasive that, when you see someone manufacturing computers and *not* thinking that way, it looks like fucking magic.
>>
File: 1442239115417.png (279 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1442239115417.png
279 KB, 604x453
>>51306723
Yeah I can't quite put my finger on it.

It's like a strange feeling deep in my anus.
>>
>>51307028
>it runs cool thanks to apples strict thermal throttling
I kek'd
>>
>>51308041

I believe this
>>
>>51306723

that shit wears off after you actually used their shitty products
>>
>>51306746
The feeling that you are doing what you're told, while others are doing what they want?
>>
>>51306723
Advice:

>enter /g/ catalog
>inmediately hide every apple thread
>life is bliss
>you're welcome

bye fag
>>
>>51308821
yes, ignornace is bliss isn't it
>>
It's called a good product feel. It comes when you use a well-done product which has been polished for many years and many iterations, which parts synergize extremely well with each other, which is pleasant to touch and to look at, which has some unique game-changing features no one else has. It's not some rushed plasticky box with some hardware inside, it's a piece of art perfected through the decade.
Now how do I get my payment?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.