[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do you do this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: webcam_tape.jpg (77 KB, 279x402) Image search: [Google]
webcam_tape.jpg
77 KB, 279x402
why do you do this?
>>
>>51306317
I don't because my OS respects my freedoms.
>>
People who do stupid shit like that are retarded. The federal government has surveillance cameras in public areas, they already watch you if they want to. They don't need to watch you at home jerk off to hentai. You're not that important.
>>
Because someone watched me and recorded me with my own camera putting on a dress and masturbating. And blackmailed me into dressing up, slowly stripping and masturbating in front of the camera while he watched or else he'd send the video to my family and friends (he knew their names so It was pretty scary).

Fuck cameras. I tape them.
>>
>>51306375
post feet
>>
>taping an unfixed webcam
Just like, turn it around?
Unplug it?
>>
File: 1447135548684.png (642 KB, 726x1040) Image search: [Google]
1447135548684.png
642 KB, 726x1040
So he taped over a clip on external webcam? Why not just remove it? Then t you'd get the bonus of the Mic not working.
>>
File: Confused Ebin.gif (627 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Confused Ebin.gif
627 KB, 500x281
>>51306375
A-and then what happened?!
>>
My OS respects my freedom so it won't record me without my permission.
>>
>>51306317
because 9/10 folks who do that are on Windows and forget they can just uninstall drivers

also is that a removable webcam in your pic, the kind you can just unplug and not have to tape over like a sperg?
>>
>>51306335
Then you want to post a link to your Facebook and throw in the last four digits of your SSN. Seems you don't think you have any important.
>>
>>51306390
Kill yourself
>>51306393
Called cops, got in touch with some people who know how tech works and pretty much tried tracing him, but it was hard tracking him, but we never caught him, only scared the fuck out of him enough to not send the videos to my family and friends, he probably was bluffing, maybe the videos are out there, who knows.
>>
>>51306375
>making up stories on the internet
>>
>>51306450
I might've seen the video. Describe your body and what you wore. Slowly.
>>
>>51306335
>exacly this, if someone control my computer, webcam would MY LEAST PROBLEM
>>51306325
This and if you are paranoid you can get qubos os,
>>
>>51306450
fake and gay
>>
File: clipgraf.gif (8 KB, 552x275) Image search: [Google]
clipgraf.gif
8 KB, 552x275
>>51306325
>>51306402
>>51306441
Malware doesn't give a fuck. If you're popped, through whatever means, arbitrary execution, including driver installation depending on access control/escalation, on your machine is now possible.

Of course, if your laptop has a camera, it likely has a mic as well.
>>
>>51306595
>implying drivers can get installed outside a web of trust of 1000+ entries
No malware is going to successfully forge the signature of my drivers.
>>
>>51306595
>If you're popped
I'm not
>>
File: 1428591467134.png (79 KB, 326x481) Image search: [Google]
1428591467134.png
79 KB, 326x481
>>51306619
>depending on access control/escalation

>>51306635
'ok'
>>
I disable it when not in use through the device manager.
>>
>>51306317
the worst part about this is that normies don't have decent tape like electrical tape lying arround and are using bandaids instead
>fucking disgusting
>>
I don't have a webcam and my mic has a physical off switch.
>>
File: Back Orifice 2000.jpg (169 KB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
Back Orifice 2000.jpg
169 KB, 650x975
>>51306335
>the government is the only entity that might want to fuck with you
>>
>>51306375
Slut.
>>
>>51306375
>having a shit router
>downloading virus
>giving in to blackmail
you had it coming
>>
>>51306450
>he was probably bluffing
so u never saw the vids he allegedly recorded
toppest of fucking keks
such a fucking slut i bet u liked being "blackmailed"
>>
>>51306375
fuckin tranny lmao kill yourself
>>
>external webcam
>not simply unplugging it
>>
>>51306447
>not thinking that the very best of the NSA are watching you 24/7 is the same as sharing private information with anonymous faggots

Just how delusional are you ? Everyone who uses this retarded argument is...retarded.
>>
I don't even have a webcam, such useless device.
Also different anon, but I was on a Minecraft server once and there was a guy looking for a gf and I told him I'll be his gf and we chatted a bit and then asked me to send pics of myself which I didn't and instead sent him pics of underage girl for which the source is not to be revealed and I acted as if I was being blackmailed and I enjoyed it. His name was Clairmont and told he was 13 year old boy from Wales.
>>
>>51306317
Can't they still hear you? I remember reading about how they're able to recreate sound from the vibrations in the webcam when you speak, even after you block the microphone.
Works best with 60fps webcams, iirc.
>>
>>51308865
no, you need thousands of fps and high quality neither that a normal webcam has
>>
Because it lets people know not to talk to me when I need to use my laptop in public.

>>51308865
That's some Daredevil shit right there.
>>
File: 1426573508327.jpg (32 KB, 345x343) Image search: [Google]
1426573508327.jpg
32 KB, 345x343
>>51308891
As if anyone would approach you anyway.
>>
>>51308903
Sick burn brah.
>>
File: 07 - zTCwYT7.jpg (92 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
07 - zTCwYT7.jpg
92 KB, 853x1280
>>51306335
I do this because I used to browse a forum that was dedicated to fucking with people after installing a RAT on their pc. They'd do things like post pics of them on the forums, gather enough material of them naked and then threaten to leak the pics if they don't transfer over money and etc... So I'm just paranoid about that kind of stuff. I'll be damned if some script kiddie fucks with me like that.
>>
Its a normie thing now
If you dont tape your webcams you are no longer cool, it seems.
I tell everyone that do this the proper way to proceed with their cams and they insist in wearing their tiny strip taped so everyone see its not a kek unlike those computer nerds.
They also try to argue me with their normie bullshit saying its the only way not to get hacked.
This is ridiculous and retarded,
Please dont do this.
Learn how to disable access through your system instead. In windows it only requires a first process of forcing another drivers of a different device on the webcam, so the system doesnt know it even has a webcam device installed. Then you can enable-disable it whit just one button click, if you click in the revert drivers button it will enable the old propper drivers, if you click again, it wil put the fake drivers again, disabing it.
But accessing device manager in the first place seems too hard for normies today anyway.
>>
>>51309052
I do both. Can never be too careful.
I don't make it stand out though, fuck that.
Black laptop, black tape.
>>
I don't, I just disabled the camera module.
>>
>>51308881
>Wow you guys are crazy, there is no way remote timing attacks on cryptography are possible with the latency that the internet adds.
You're that guy.
>>
>>51306317
I dont. I have a closable lid on my webcam and I would never buy one that doesn't.
I still unplug it if I dont use it desu, because it does have audio in.
>>
Dont most cameras have an indicator light for this reason?
>>
>>51309052
Accessing a computer was too hard for normies 20 years ago. It's not like normal people used to open the device manager in the past. Not everyone gives a shit about how the thing that shows them Vines deals with webcam drivers.
>>
>>51309719
You can power them without powering the indicator light.
>>
>>51309719
Yes but people who design hardware are retarded and they often decide it is a good idea to have the indicator light be software driven rather that fucking hard wired. You basically have no idea if the indicator light can be trusted unless you design your own webcam hardware.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.