[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
for how long is safe to use the vga in 80ºc?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
for how long is safe to use the vga in 80ºc?
>>
3.1416 seconds.
>>
>>51303025
Until you start seeing artifacts, is fine.
>>
>>51303025
My shitty acer laptop has been running at 70C-94C (idle - light gaming/1080p60 video) constantly for past three or four years and there's nothing wrong with it
80C is completely safe
>>
>>51303025
Depends what the Tmax of the card is.
It will shorten the life of the card.
I use an upscaler that keeps a 550ti at 70c for a week at a time but it hasn't affected the card yet.
>>
>>51303025
about a year
>>
>>51303083
>fermi

That's actually pretty normal
>>
>>51303197
It makes a fantastic space heater, keeps my room nice and warm.
>>
>>51303037
I'm surprised with your accuracy
>>
>>51303208
Yeah I bet.

Used to have a 560ti reference that I kept overclocked 24/7, was pretty nice in the winter
>>
File: v_holds_thread_on_how_to_fix_v.jpg (112 KB, 562x749) Image search: [Google]
v_holds_thread_on_how_to_fix_v.jpg
112 KB, 562x749
Usally the max you should see a card go to is 95C around there you should be worried.

If the card is hitting 80C and staying there, the only thing you have to worry about it fan noise and the fan itself dying sooner rather than later. The more the fan has to work, the quicker the fan bearings usually go.

That said i used to own. Gtx 560 non ti. Ran it overclocked and even with fans at full tilt it ran in the high 80s just gaming and it is still kicking.

Say what you want about Fermi, but if you kicked it, slapped it around with overclocking and voltage abuse, it still ran like a raped ape.
>>
What about a CPU at 90ºc during gaming?
>>
>>51303259
looking back i don't know why i fell for the nvidia meme back in 2011

i bought a 570 over a 7850 and the 570 was the biggest piece of shit i ever owned, it was a fucking 83C housefire, i had to buy a new case just to bring it down to 75C
>>
>>51303547
idk man, they overclocked pretty well, as long as you were ok with a bushfire in your case
>>
>>51303490
Thats a problem. Should definitely change something.
>>
>>51303490
Dude just buy a $20 aftermarket cooler. There's no excuse for that.
>>
>>51303025
About 3 fiddy
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.