[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a Nvidia GT 430. If i buy a better video card will this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1446782717024.jpg (394 KB, 990x1271) Image search: [Google]
1446782717024.jpg
394 KB, 990x1271
I got a Nvidia GT 430. If i buy a better video card will this improve my framerate and stuff? It works fine on low but after a while it starts to move in frmes..like...1 frame per 5 seconds. I also have an i3 processor with 3,7 ghz....and 4 gb of ram... my video card has 1 GB so...what should i get in order to improve my pc gaming experience?
>>
>>51293709
I am talking about fallout 4. Sorry for not mentioning that.
>>
>>51293709
>If i buy a better gpu will i get better performance in games?
hmm, yes?
>>
>>51293733
I was confused. Taught it worked like shit cause of the processor...tho it works fine
>>
>>51293709

If you have a gt 430 you probably are running a pre-built. As nobody building their own would be stupid enough to spend money on that card. So before a new GPU you're going to need a new power supply.
>>
File: cca.png (40 KB, 416x408) Image search: [Google]
cca.png
40 KB, 416x408
>>51293806
I got those shitty specs. Any suggestions on cheap stuff i can get in order to improve my shit?
>>
>>51293732
no.
Delete System32, that should help
C:Windows\System32
>>
>>51293875
Bite me. Go suck on ur brother's buttplug/
>>
>>51293709
Anyone notized the kid on the lower right playing with the gun? wtf?
>>
>>51293709
OP if you have no understanding of computers, get the GTX 750TI, it costs around €100 and has the same power draw as your GT 430 while being 2 times stronger.
>>
>>51293865
GTX 750 TI.
It's a plug and play card you can use to make your office pc play games.
>>
>>51293865

Cheap shit? Check Craigslist for your city. Probably be able to find an HD 7950 for a hundred if you wait a week or so. But to be honest almost anything will be an upgrade over your gt 430. After a new GPU I'd try to look for a used i5 3570k,as that should fit your socket and cooler fine. Only thing is finding one reasonable,everyone seems to want to try to get 80% of original retail. But I'd just try to find ANY Ivybridge i5 to throw in there. After that, get another 4gb stick of ram and a boot drive SSD. So depending on how good you are at finding deals you can probably get a full overhaul done for $300
>>
>>51294647
He has a pre-build PC, anything AMD will make the PSU explode.
>>
Honestly you should get a new computer, but your video card is the biggest thing holding you down. Replace with a 960 gtx would solve most of your problems and you could use the video card should you ever want to build yourself a new PC. You might also want to run 8 GB of RAM as specified in the minimum requirements of the game. However, you need to be running 64 bit windows to even register the extra 4 GB. Also, if your computer isn't dual channel memory it could get a little pricey (though I havent bought RAM in a while). Lastly, your processor might be a bottleneck for the new GPU. Its hard to say because intel i cards are capable of overclocking themselves to meet demand so you might be good.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.