[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 506_cm_big.jpg (214 KB, 1501x1269) Image search: [Google]
506_cm_big.jpg
214 KB, 1501x1269
I can't get a response on reddit so can you guys just take a look at this and tell me if there's anything I should be worried about like something being overpriced or bottlenecked?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6YTHcf
>>
you won't be getting good oc with this board.
you should go for non-k and a lower chipset.
the 390x isn't really suited for a itx build.
either a lower wattage gpu or blower style/aio watercooler.
>>
****Just my opinions****

Are you overclocking?

1) If not, then you don't need a "k" on that CPU. K just means you can overclock and you pay a premium for it. Get the non-k if you aren't OCing.

2) Unless you have some special need in mind, you really don't need to OC. That CPU is already stronger than any game is going to need. CPUs aren't the gaming bottleneck.

Watercooling is almost always a meme, especially closed loop coolers. Watercooling only makes sense if you're overclocking like crazy and are doing a custom, effective loop. Pre-made loops like that are shit and are more expensive than air coolers and perform worse. Especially 120mm liquid coolers. 240mm maybe, but 120mm liquid coolers are complete dogshit. You will litreally get cooler temps with a CM 212 evo, a 25 dollar air cooler, than with that 70 dollar piece of trash.

There aren't any games that use a full 8gb of ram, you don't need 16 gb. But ram is cheap right now so I guess it's not a big deal. But if you're trying to cut costs, just get a 2x4gb pack. Ram is easy to install, literally pop it into place and forget. So if you need 16gb in 5 years, you can easily buy 8gb more and install it.

I think you'll use up that 250gb much fast that you realist. I'd get a $40 seagate 1TB barracuda to pair it with.

Personally I would go with a bigger case case over an itx case, but you know what kind of case you want better than I. I just like midtower cases like the the S340 or 230t. In that case it'd make more sense to get a ATX mobo.
>>
>>51290447
>Personally I would go with a bigger case case over an itx case, but you know what kind of case you want better than I
I have that same case.
I advise against it, OP, it's a bitch to work on and it likes to vibrate and make a buzzing sound. Unless you're living in some Japanese capsule hotel you have room for an ATX board in a midtower case, you'll be glad of the extra space sooner or later.
>>
Don't get the Elite 130 case OP, I beg you. It's awful. you'll hate yourself for it I promise.

>>51290447
I agree with most everything that you said, but the CLC coolers are nice for mITX systems like this where you can get close to high end air cooling performance with much less vertical space. The Elite 130 has the PSU mounted directly above the motherboard, so any air coolers that you get that will fit into that space are going to be relatively "meh" in terms of performance.
>>
>>51290447
he obviously wants an itx build. i guess that's not negotiable.
and your opinion towards aio coolers seems pretty strong. you should look at some numbers. aio coolers are the way to go for itx. but i agree that it's overkill for the cpu in this case. the gpu should be aio cooled instead.
>>
>>51290293
>>51290447

This OP.

Get a non-K CPU if you're not overclocking.
Ditch that mini-ITX case. Get a microATX instead. You won't regret it.
Don't go liquid cooling if you don't overclock. A large air cooler will suffice.
>>
>>51290293
>>51290447
Thanks. I have a couple external HDDs for storage that total up to ~2TB for storage. I kinda went with this cooler for the reviews but I'm just fine with using a standard noctua blower.

I really like the case for this because of how small it is. The k CPU is only being used because the standard version is so similar in price (<$20 difference), but I can get that if it means less heat output or something.

Assuming I go with this build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dF2Rcf

Can you recommend a good GPU for <$400?
>>
>>51290582
Okay I spent a bit typing that up so I'll reconsider the case.
>>
>>51290582
>http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dF2Rcf
>still OC
consider that
>>51290594
>>
>>51290594
i'd like to propose the corsair air 240
>>
File: back to reddit.jpg (413 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
back to reddit.jpg
413 KB, 717x880
Get out
>>
>>51290582
I'd get an r9 390.
>>
>>51290630
I typed up one suggestion post on /r/buildapc.

Calm down.
>>
>>51290025
The motherboard is not suitable for overclocking. 4 phase and no VRM head sinks. Also, replacing case fans is really dumb and wasted money. The ASRock Z97-E ITX/AC is the best overclocking z97 itx board I've seen as it has 6 phase heat sinked VRMs.
>>
>>51291027
How about this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/M7KZpg

Assuming I don't absolutely need to overclock.
>>
> No Skylake
> No DDR4
> No NVMe
Am I missing something here? At the very least you should be going for an i5 skylake with dd4. Future proof yourself. I mean that SSD will be fine but still...
>>
>>51291139
Looking to keep it under 1k and RAM is probably the easiest to replace if needed.
>>
>>51291155
Yes ram is but mobo and cpu isn't.

Your budget is fair. But for an extra ~$60 you can get skylake. Why not? You'll save money in the long not having to upgrade extra parts. Just a thought
>>
>>51291139
skylake and ddr4 are memes and don't improve gayming, which is what op is looking at.
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Jr2Rcf

Updated for crossfire psu in the future and suggested case. Watched some reviews and the mobo and case seem pretty good.

I'll probably salvage some old HDDs from storage to help with this.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.