[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how soon before x86 puts arm on suicide watch? I want my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
So how soon before x86 puts arm on suicide watch?

I want my x86 phone now god dammit. I want to be able to dual boot into android and windows 7.

Also, is it possible we will see the $35 X7-Z8700 on phones in 2016 or is it only designed for tablets?
>>
Surface phone when?
>>
>>51286618

Why do you want x86 in your phone or tab?

Do you even plan to have a keyboard and mouse connected to either?

If not, what's the point of having binary compatibility with software you can't control?
>>
>>51286791
Use it as a phone when you're out, and use it as a low powered windows machine at home? It'll be cool, you just put it into a dock with usb ports and hdmi out, that also charges the phone.
>>
The zenfone 2 already sports an x86 atom CPU though not as good as the z8700 atom. It can run windows 7 on a virtual machine though I highly recommend only trying to run windows on the 4gb ram, 64gb internal storage version. Not sure how the lack of drivers impacts performance/functionality though.
>>
>>51286791
>Why do you want x86 in your phone or tab?
To use x86 programs of course

>Do you even plan to have a keyboard and mouse connected to either?
I'm hoping they would include a precision stylus to use as a mouse though a usb mouse wouldn't be so bad. I'm fine with typing with a bluetooth keyboard.
>>
>>51286618
I'd much rather have a sort of wireless display/tablet hybrid that I can connect to my desktop computer as another display, and control my PC with (touch input, etc), and control it with my PC (mouse and keyboard).

Why isn't there anything like that?
>>
>>51286815
Just because you could do something doesn't mean it's a good idea.

>>51286875
You're gonna carry that with you? Try only using left-click for a while.

x86 phone is a meme.
>>
>>51286989
But this is a good idea. The average person doesn't need some leet gamer bullshit pc. Just something to browse the web and type up some documents. If your phone can do that, you can skip on buying a new computer.
>>
>>51287054
At which point they won't need x86 either, their ARM phone can already do this.
>>
what the fuck are you niggers arguing about you can use touchscreans on x86 you mongroids
>>
>>51287125
But not as well as an x86 program like miceosoft word can. I want the entire program with all functionality not a crippled arm one.
>>
>>51287125
Libre office runs on arm.
Microsoft office is much more functional and runs on x86. Arm has potential but x86 is already there and ready.
>>
>>51287361
>>51287439
Power users will still want something beefier. The rest won't care.
>>
>>51287497
Any idea where to get a nice pico itx system? Do via still make anything?
>>
File: 1390209386625.jpg (73 KB, 1020x759) Image search: [Google]
1390209386625.jpg
73 KB, 1020x759
why the fuck would you need a mouse or keyboard to use a x86 phone? Is this a troll thread or what
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.