[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surface book or Surface Pro 4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: phptv2n02.jpg (231 KB, 970x364) Image search: [Google]
phptv2n02.jpg
231 KB, 970x364
Surface book or Surface Pro 4?
>>
My opinion is that the hinge design makes the book a no-go for travel. That combined with the highly increased price.

If price is no object, the surface book looks pretty cool.
>>
>>51279803
Pro 4.
>>
>>51279803
PS4
>>
Neither
>>
>>51279803
I'll get SP4 with i5 and 4gb ram.
>>
>>51279803

They keep calling the Book a performance powerhouse for creatives. Yet all I see a meh mobile GPU, a none-Wacom pen solution with no tilt detection and a ULV CPU.

Pro 4 and it's not even close.
>>
File: 1415195462433.gif (206 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1415195462433.gif
206 KB, 500x500
>>51280154
>Guise look we put a dedicated GPU
>Can barely run modern titles at fucking 720p
>>
File: Surface-Book-reverse-folded.png (236 KB, 1074x465) Image search: [Google]
Surface-Book-reverse-folded.png
236 KB, 1074x465
If I had the money to blow I'd get the surface book. I want that dedicated gpu and powerful 2.6GHz i7 processor. It would completely replace my laptop and could be used as a tablet if it became necessary for on the go light use.
>>
Pro 4 i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD (the Toshiba one is faster than the Samsung one, it's luck of the draw which one you get).

Apparently both products have a lot of bugs right now. If they don't get fixed soon then I'm getting an iPad Pro and a ThinkPad
>>
>>51280234

Exactly. It's a very powerful ultrabook, but priced like a workstation - better off with a powerful tablet that's actually in a form factor where the bonuses are useful.

I draw on my SP2 all the time and almost exclusively use touch to interact with it, I don't see how either of these things are particularly well done on the Book. Couple that with the similarity of the displays and battery lives on them and the Book just gets worse and worse.

Unless you have $2000 to spend on an ultrabook, in which case fire ahead - it's your money.
>>
shame they didn't build an external GPU for the Surface Pro
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.