[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every time I install linux, I get feed up with all the glitches,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: windows-vista-wallpaper-182.jpg (209 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
windows-vista-wallpaper-182.jpg
209 KB, 1600x1000
Every time I install linux, I get feed up with all the glitches, work arounds, inconsistencies, artifacts, etc etc

>I had to log add myself to "dialout" group, save all my shit, log off and back on to be able to write to a COM port...

And you complain that windows needs to restart once a moth for updating...

An yes, I will still use linux for all my unixy stuff because I hate OSX even more, and all the unix for windows layers are shit.
>>
>>51277763
tfw theres no glitches, work arounds, inconsistencies, artifacts in my Linux installation

tfw didnt have to reboot in weeks

fuck off retard
>>
>>51277787
>somebody as a problem(s)
>It works on my machine(TM)
>fuck off retard
are you stupid?
>>
>>51277787
edgier than microsoft edge m8
>>
>>51277763
>installing conflicting components
>wondering why there are errors

It's like you want to confuse your PC with what driver you want to use. Don't tell me you're one of those people who install multiple DEs with conflicting libraries.
>>
>>51277763
I HATE OSX. I JUST HATE IT. NO I'VE NEVER USED IT LONGER THAN EVERY TIME I GO TO A BEST BUY, BUT I KNOW I'LL HATE IT, /g/ SAYS IT'S TERRIBLE, IT'S TERRIBLE!
>>
>>51277829
>but you can't change osx, it's a fisher price os
only if you're a fisher price pleb :^)
>>
>>51277838
this

>>51277827
no, I use KDE (end every fucking piece of software, like firefox/chrome pull a shit load of gtkrap)

And if you are telling me that KDE is shit, then there is no real choice in linux, is there?
>>
>>51277763
>>I had to log add myself to "dialout" group, save all my shit, log off and back on to be able to write to a COM port...
what is "newgrp"
>>
>>51277867
>(end every fucking piece of software, like firefox/chrome pull a shit load of gtkrap)
While Qt is simply a better toolkit, it o would require massive effort to rewrite every gtk piece of software.

And sadly, Qt apps work better under GTK environment than the other way around.
>>
>>51277869
still, in windows I can just open any port at any time...

this grouping scheme is some ancient BS
>>
>>51277787
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>51277867
I tried KDE before, it was too bloated that it took quite a while to load some programs.

It's got quite the eyecandy though.
>>
>>51277896
Security 101. btw this was changed by a big part with the introduction of the NT kernel into consumer windows. It was even easier and even less secure with DOS based windows
>>
File: 1437855092219.jpg (17 KB, 216x209) Image search: [Google]
1437855092219.jpg
17 KB, 216x209
>>51277763
>using linux
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.