[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Integrated amplifier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 1918x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 1918x1080
Sup /g/

Looking to replace mye receiver with a 2.1 integrated amp, to run my Klipsch rf52mk2. Should have integrated DAC, though not a dealbreaker. Prices are derived from my currency.
Any thought on these?
Primare i22 DAC $1000
Hegel H80 $1200
NAD C356BEE $700
Rega Elex-R $1300

I've also been looking at some used ones, though not much of interest around here right now. Was a decent priced Primare i30, but it went to a different buyer.
>>
No insight? Am I on the wrong board?
>>
That's pretty cheap for the Primare i22 with the DAC module installed.
>>
>>51277474
Yeah, it's marked down from around $1400, it's actually $100 cheaper than one without in the same store. Leaning towards that one. I have a friend trying to convince me to go Hegel, it's won some rewards here, but I figure a Norwegian amp in Norway, sure it's getting praised. Not saying it's not good, but I doubt it's that much better than everything else in the same price bracket.
>>
>>51277493
If I was on the lookout for a new amp I'd ask for a link.

I live in Denmark, so I could import from Norway.

My only complaint is the lack of headphone jack.
>>
Also; I have only read good things about Hegel.

So maybe worth a listen if you're not too far from the store.
>>
>>51277547
www.soundgarden.no

Soundgarden has both the Hegel and the Primare.

I gotta admit I don't like the look of the Hegel very much, and being an item standing in plain view in the living room that's an important aspect, if the quality is comparable elsewhere.
>>
I've also been thinking going even cheaper, like the Marantz PM6005. But I think at only 45W @ 8ohm per channel, even for the easily driven Klipsch RF52mk2 it will be a bit underpowered. Thoughts?
HK3770 is another low price alternative.
>>
Really no love for HIFI here?
>>
>>51277264
>not building your own amp
Why are you even here?
>>
>>51277754
I would go with Primare, then

Especially at that price.
>>
>>51277914
Because that takes insane amounts of time, testing and failing to make it worth it. Or do you mean finding schematics and component-list online, soldering them together and calling it your own design? If so, what's the point, build quality will be better in the units found in stores, and probably sound quality will be better as well.

>>51277999
Yeah, think I'll go with that. Had to be ordered, would like to have it for the weekend to test it at home.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.