[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello I need help, I recently decided to upgrade my gtx460 graphicscard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 500x320
Hello
I need help,
I recently decided to upgrade my gtx460 graphicscard and bought a used 280x tri-x from sapphire.

Im kinda broke right now and greed got the better of me, since I could have bought a new 380 for alittle more.

Here is the problem:
The temp sensor is broken, meaning I get a temp reading of 0. This made the fans run at 100% all the time. Now knowing I got scammed I used the card anyway, adjusting fan speed manually using the software.
I've been playing mgsv, borderlands2 with the fans on 70%.
Last night I played Fallout4 and the computer shutdown. When turning on the fans go to 100% while normally they do this after the bootscreen, I got no signal.
I tried putting in my old 460 and that works.

Is the GPU fried? Is there anything I can do?
>>
Correction: I didnt buy it FROM sapphire, I found it on swedish "craigslist"
>>
>>51276443
280X has better performance than the 380. 380 has newer features and is a little better at tesselation.

How old is it? Does the site that you bought it from have agreements where the seller can be reprimanded. Or did you just use it as a means of communication and buy it off the street?
>>
The 280X Tri-X was known for being a hot piece of shit. Sapphire didn't take much time to replace it with the Vapor-X Tri-X (which is blue) and has much MUCH better cooling.
>>
>>51277846
No?
I have the exact same card and my temps never go over 56c. Not to even mention that it pretty much never runs the fans on 100%
>>
>>51276443
contrary to what some shills on /g/ tell you the R9 2xxX series are not very well build cards and only were designed to have as much power as possible, durability and such were not considered at all.

They're not a very smart second hand purchase.
>>
>>51276443
Get ready to replace fans.
Fuckers die every 2 years.
>>
>>51276460
vad exakt är den svenska "craigslist"?
>>
>>51278101
blacked.com
>>
>>51278190
nice but exactly where can i get the hardware buying option?
>>
>>51278234
gift your money to refugees instead you bigot
>>
>>51278083
>Buy 290x
>die in 2 years
>buy Nvidia Pascal

Im on Q6600 and GT630, I plan to spend it on 4790k & 290X

Am I doing it right?
>>
>>51278244
i don't want to
>>
>>51278250

If you honestly think a 290x is going to die in 2 years under normal operation you are mad. Also: consider than Nvidia in the past HAS put out faulty cards that they knew were going to die - all they did was release a driver that upped the fan speed to slow the issue (look up bumpgate).
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.