[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you consider a smartring?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: ring.jpg (189 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
ring.jpg
189 KB, 1280x853
Would you consider a smartring?
>>
Depends on use.
>>
What utility would they provide?
>>
>>51275951
> would you buy something even fucking gaudier and more useless than a smartwatch

I better buy 12, I don't want /g/ to think I'm poor
>>
>>51275960
so little that owning more than one would be entirely redundant.
Think of what a smartwatch does now, except it only has sensors.
And then you realize that you have any shitty old ``smart" exercise band.
>>
>>51275966
A watch is way more gaudy than a ring. A tech ring could be a solid dark two tone thing with led screen wrapped around that nobody would know unless you turned it on.
>>
>>51276000
Sounds pretty useless to me.
>>
>>51276009
Yeah but I got trips so my post outranks yours.
>>
>>51275951
>vibrates when phone has a message
>small counter with number of notifications
>maybe also the time
>lasts forever on a single charge
>inconspicuous

Sure I'd buy something like this. Would beat digging around for your phone every 30 seconds to see if you've gotten that email you're expecting.
>>
>>51276000
>A watch is way more gaudy than a ring.

It really isn't. A watch is a common utility that almost every grown man wears. The only ring any heterosexual male will ever wear is a wedding ring.
>>
>yet another tracking device
I'm rather displeased that I own a phone - smart or otherwise. What other means could a "smart ring" serve other than to collect more data on me and transmit it to who knows where?
>>
>>51275957
Tethers with your other devices and acts as remote for various functions when you rub it in certain ways.
>>
>>51276000
1. how the hell would that work?
2. what could you possibly use it for?
the most it could do is tell you the time in a really inconvinient manner.
>>
>>51276032
I feel married to technology as it is. Might as well put a ring on it.
>>
Does it come with a hobbit that will run errands for me?
>>
>>51276000
> it can have a power indicator that lets you know when to recharge your smart ring
>>
>>51276068
Right point finger I'd always have the time while typing or writing, along with a small number to indicate email, text etc, probably more text-to-speech oriented, plus i could watch movies on it while jogging.
>>
>>51276032
>A watch is a common utility that almost every grown man wears
Are we in 1940?
I hardly ever see people wearing watches any more. Most of the watch-wearers I see are 45+ so they probably only do it because they've been doing it for so long.
>>
>>51276032
Do you have a wallet and a comb in your back pocket too grandpa?
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 330x312) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 330x312
>cheating on wife
>she gets an alert on her phone
>>
>>51276084
To be honest, half of the interaction I have with my smartphone is recharging it once it starts complaining. They might as well shrink down the form factor and remove all the functions I never use.
>>
>>51275951
is it +int or +wis?
>>
>>51276124
You could already set that up with geolocations on Windows phone. I guess the other providers offer the same?
>>
>>51276053
That sounds like it would look retarded as fuck.
>>
>>51276097
I guess it probably depends on the sector. If you work at a job where you can take out your phone and look at it whenever you want you probably don't wear a watch, but in the fields I've worked in almost everyone wears one.

>>51276121
Are you saying you don't use a wallet? Where do you keep your money, id, credit cards, etc?
>>
>>51276149
My purse.
>>
can it do this? hd link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbN7hXqPEWg
>>
>>51276149
>money
who uses cash anymore?
>id
in the same card holder as my credit card
>>
>>51275966
>Only buying 12
You have 8 fingers and 10 toes anon.
>>
>>51276490
>more cashless transactions
>doesn't understand what that means
>>
>>51277071
>privacy
>in a topic about smart memes
Stallman please
>>
>>51275951
>One Ring to rule them all
>One Ring to find them,
>One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

It's like you don't want to be frodo samwise
>>
>>51275951
Only if it has an apple logo on it
>>
not having a ring on your necklace..
>plebs
>>
>>51275951
>decryption ring

Yes please

This should be good for storing a passcode.
>>
>>51276124
huh, would it have a pH sensor?
>>
File: digital-jewelry-javaring.jpg (24 KB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
digital-jewelry-javaring.jpg
24 KB, 400x295
yes pls
>>
>>51276053
>when you rub it in certain ways.
There better be at least 50 different inputs for grabbing my dick or it's useless.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.