[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is WPA2 so hard to crack? Is WPA2 uncrackability a myth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: kTe0FZ8.jpg (183 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
kTe0FZ8.jpg
183 KB, 675x1200
Why is WPA2 so hard to crack?

Is WPA2 uncrackability a myth?
>>
>>51275113
Probably the al gore ism
>>
Well i met 12345678 as a password xD
>>
>>51275113
Who is this semen demon?
>>
stop trying to break into people's networks
>>
its not desu. I got a list of passwords from my college. My college has wpa2enterprise. But the password is 10 numbers, first 6 is the persons birthdate. Last four could be considered random. So that's 372000000 combinations. At 1000 guesses a second, it'll take a little under two hours to do one. Leave it on overnight and do some clever tricks, you could have a whole list of usernames and passwords. Fucking idiots

So now I login using their credentials in case I ever get vanned. I got their Mac address too.
>>
File: swlTjsL.jpg (499 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
swlTjsL.jpg
499 KB, 1944x2592
>>51275184

Used to do this on my N900
>>
>>51275184
teach me your ways
>>
You can disconnect all clients from a wpa2 network even if you are not authenticated

Used to do that when i was 18 for weeks at my basement on several neighboards wlans so they call me to repair it and give me some bucks.
>>
>>51275257
How?
>>
>>51275214
Google Aircrak-ng
It should be available under most distributions. I know definitely Ubuntu has one. But the one I used was in Kali Linux. Just sit in your lunch room for a couple of hours shitposting on a Taiwanese style sword fish competition website while your laptop snoops for data. My 3 hour lectures gave me 3gbs worth of data. But only because I wanted to know what these people are up to. Anyway. Just move that to a beefer computer when you get home and start cracking away. I moved it to my weak server, because it's always on, and I didn't care to have it straight away. And I just started bruteforcing

Few things to note, you can get terabytes worth of data, but if you don't get a handshake, it doesn't mean shit. There are ways to do it. But your WiFi adapter has to be supported. Other than that, just wait. In a crowded place, I got loads of handshakes.
>>
>>51275113
big noses are cute
>>
>>51275257
hahaha, good one
>>
>>51275113
Read up on the IEEE 802.11i standard, specifically the layer 2 section. With regards to the security. They also detail why WEP sucked. It will specifically mention that it WPA2 uses the AES.
>>
>>51275184
>its not
>But the password is 10 numbers, first 6 is the persons birthdate
None of these have anything to do with WPA2 and actually has to do with your college, they recommend you use a long passphrase. Preferably 12 or 16 characters.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.