[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about buying a Macbook Pro, but dont know much about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: macbook-pro-13-retina.jpg (101 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
macbook-pro-13-retina.jpg
101 KB, 1200x627
Thinking about buying a Macbook Pro, but dont know much about computers. Main differences between i5 and i7 processors?
>>
i5s play minecraft better
>>
>>51274979
Sold
>>
The i7 processor is the same as an i5 but with slightly longer phalanges
>>
inb5 microshill feces meme
>>
there might be a design refresh coming out soon heads up
also go for the 13 inch, the 15 inch isnt worth it for the screen size and speakers, and you can just connect it to a monitor for big screen real estate at home
>>
...my friend?
>>
>>51274999
Whats that
>>
>>51274974
i have the i5 and my friend has the i7 version there is barely a difference its your call if you wanna save money then just get the i5
>>
>>51275016
It's what makes go fast
>>
>>51275004

Who the fuck would buy the 15" for the screen size and speakers? You buy it because the 13" eatery level processors suck, they are all dual core. The 15" comes with it's own dedicated graphics, quad core processors, and you can drive three displays/projectors at once without any stupid adaptors.
>>
I have the 2015 Rmbp 13, it's pretty fucking fast and I enjoy everything about it. If you want some real fucking horsepower get the 15 inch, the quad core processor is great. The 13 just fit my needs better
>>
>>51275514
15 inch is for sperglords
>>
>>51276042
Pretty much. I know software developers that use the Bezelbook Air.
>>
I'm waiting for the deep refresh that's about to happen. I sense something filthy coming up. I'm waiting until December or a little later to buy, and I'm going to max one out, if the refresh is godly, that is. Bought the 2015 MacBook, it was trash. The 15" is huge but worth it too, the surface pro 4 is trash
>>
>>51274974
FWIW I have an IvyB quad i7 rMBP and it's a fucking waste because it just overheats if you actually put load on the CPU.

Save your money, get an i5.
>>
>>51274974
>Thinking about buying a Macbook Pro, but dont know much about computers.

Like all Macbook Pro owners.
>>
>>51275003
>inb5 microshill feces meme
The dumbfucks usually stay with mac. And it is good that way. No one wants to ask their fuckin silly questions anymore.
>>
>>51274974
all laptop i5s are dual cores with hyperthreading
unless the i7 is qm or xm it's a dualcore with hyperthreading, but if it says qm or xm it is a quadcore with hyperthreading

every 13" macbook pros have dualcore cpus, and the difference between them is nothing
all modern 15" macbook pros (2011 and newer) have quadcore i7s
>>
>>51276410
there are no quadcore 13" rmbp and there aren't any dualcore 15" rmbp
also
>not being 2012 non retina master race
>>
The i7 overheats faster
The i5 puts a curse on your magsafe to make the power brick bigger and the cable more fragile

Buy a dell XPS 13. Stellar windows support, stellar linux support. You'll never need compromiseOS, which is neither as good as linux nor as supported as windows.
>>
File: tumblr_mofuv6DkhT1r9cz4eo1_500.jpg (94 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mofuv6DkhT1r9cz4eo1_500.jpg
94 KB, 498x750
>>51276667
>All lowercase
>2012 non-retina

Well well well, if it isn't ca. You just ordered that mememac and you're already talking like you own it?
>>
File: mac.png (95 KB, 700x447) Image search: [Google]
mac.png
95 KB, 700x447
>>51276712
no idea who you are talking about, but I assume he is too lazy to capitalize things like I am
>>
>>51276728
>15 inch
Sperger king.
>>
File: mac.png (76 KB, 698x466) Image search: [Google]
mac.png
76 KB, 698x466
>>51276728
that's an old screenshot
this is a newer one
>>51276741
manlet
>>
>>51274974
Easy. Do you want the version that thermal throttles like crazy or the one that throttles even a bit more than that?
>>
>>51276712
>ca
Who the fuck is ca? I've been accused of being him so many times.
>>
File: 15".jpg (124 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
15".jpg
124 KB, 800x600
>>51276746
That's a big laptop.

For you.
>>
>>51276758
Ca is acbn in autism mode.
>>
>>51276442
found the poorfag
>>
>>51276746
How are you enjoying your el kernel panics 10.11.1?
>>
>>51276777
How about ga? I've been accused of being him as well.
>>
>>51276784
>I'm too poor to be fucking stupid
And I'm glad.
>>
>>51276796
better than yo semite
and I haven't had a kernel panic yet, just weird graphical glitches every once in a while
>>
>>51275016
He >>51275028 is a fucking retard.
>>
>>51276698
No anon, you're getting it all wrong. When you like Linux and are somehow forced to choose a more "professional"/enterprise-ish OS for another machine, going with a Mac should be the #1 choice.
It's beginning with the fact that all terminal commands are basically The same in those systems, only Windows does everything different. Then with homebrew you get pretty much a pacman/apt on your mac, whereas chocolatey for Windows shits all over itself constantly and just bloats your system.
>>
>>51275514
Only the expensive model of the 15" comes with the dedicated graphics chip (AMD Radeon R9 370X). The 'cheaper' model comes with a Iris Pro only.
>>
>>51276387

Same here I got a SurfaceBook, but I have until the end of January to return no questions asked
>>
>>51276387
>I sense something filthy coming up. I'm waiting until December
or you could actually read Intel's roadmaps and knew when those CPUs that Apple wants will be released. protip: not this year.
>>
>>51276961
>When you like Linux and are somehow forced to choose a more "professional"/enterprise-ish OS for another machine, going with a Mac should be the #1 choice.
nice buzzword bingo, no real arguments. in reality it's totally easier to manage a fleet of Ubuntu LTS machines than OS X. OS X comes with no tools for that at all.

>Then with homebrew you get pretty much a pacman/apt on your mac
your IT department will totally allow you to install random software. can't talk about professional/enterprise-ish OS and then suggest homebrew.

i think you have no idea what pacman/apt is. homebrew is some shitty hackish first-draft solution of a package manager. then, their packages are by some first-come first-served maintainers without any quality control. that is in no way as professional as any major linux distro. don't ever try to install some more complex packages like mysql with homebrew.
>>
>>51274974
kill yourself
>>
Obviously the i7 can make websites while the i5 can't.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.