[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arch Linux Anywhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Arch Anywhere is an Arch Linux ISO, and installer, which allows you to install Arch regardless of the status of your network connection. I have remastered the official archiso to include local package repos for both respective arcitectures (x86_64 and i686).

All packages needed for a full Arch Linux install, plus many desktop options, and additional programs are contained within the ISO, effectively allowing you to install Arch Linux Anywhere.

My ISO also contains a built in installer script I've written in shell. This sctipt can be invoked by simply typing:

arch-anywhere

Can find my project on github, as well as the arch-anywhere iso on sourceforge

https://github.com/deadhead420/arch-linux-anywhere
>>
File: jemaine.jpg (4 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
jemaine.jpg
4 MB, 3504x2336
>>51273159
>using an unstable rolling release test bench on a machine that won't be networked

Holy shit, this is like building a way to mount horses to bicycles. You never fucking stopped to ask 'why' and now you've gone and wasted precious time working on something that could have benefited someone.
>>
Cool, i'll break it for you
>>
cool, but still isn't the point of arch not to be userfriedly and just go minimal
>i686
xD
>>
>>51273159
>My ISO also contains a built in installer script I've written in shell. This sctipt can be invoked by simply typing:

>sctipt
>>
fount another typo. proof read your shit, anon

>connection to the interent
>desktops for both arcitectures.
>>
File: 1390137978518.gif (3 MB, 260x291) Image search: [Google]
1390137978518.gif
3 MB, 260x291
Awesome anon, I've long time used windows 8 can't wait to get arch and post in a desktop thread

>>
That logo is cancer
>>
>>51273159
Please change your goth logo. Really now
>>
>>51273976
>>51275583
And change your name deadhead420 as well. Apart from that,
good job, m8
>>
>>51273883
>fount
>>
>>51273159
>tfw just clone existing install and change the hostname.
>>
File: IMG_20150926_221723_380.jpg (6 KB, 126x118) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150926_221723_380.jpg
6 KB, 126x118
>>51273159
Wow, that was exactly what I needed for my laptop with no ethernet port, thanks OP!
>>
I don't personally have time to check this out but keep up the fight OP. You probably should proofread some stuff or maybe you have sticky keys but either way always be proud of your work and take every bug in stride to improve your shit. Good luck! Also as you can see, most of /g/ is dismissive when it comes to mostly anything. Don't take it personally.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.