[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ do you think its better to upgrade to a better video card
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 980Ti_Car_678x452.jpg (38 KB, 678x484) Image search: [Google]
980Ti_Car_678x452.jpg
38 KB, 678x484
/g/ do you think its better to upgrade to a better video card now or wait until the next generation. Currently rocking a r9 270x
>>
>>51272011
blow loads of money on a ridiculously good gpu, so that you won't need to upgrade for quite some time
>>
>>51272041
Thats what I was thinking although I can't decide what the best card on the market is right now. Obviously the 980Ti is a contender because of its ridiculous benchmarks.
>>
it's always better to wait if you don't have an immediate fps problem, i held out for years and jumped from NV10 to G92 and it was like replacing gif with webm
G92 to GK106 was a total disappointment in comparison
>>
>>51272011
Current generation is total ass. Incremental upgrades and rebrands, intentionally gimped cards (whether via slow-ass bus or driver optimizations). The only cards that actually have a notable performance increase are ridiculously overpriced.

Wait until the 14nm cards come out, they'll have 2x performance for the price.

If you are changing from a 270x then you only have the same upgrade paths as you had when you bought the 270x.
>>
Wait until you grow up so you don't have to spend money on gaming shit.
>>
When does new shit usually get announced? Currently running a 7870 and it's starting to show its age. Most of the games I play nowadays I can run on high/ultra still but black ops 3 runs like trash (big surprise)
>>
>>51272488
>2015
>playing any CoD game

We all know yhe problem
>>
>>51272524
I got it to play with friends mang. Currently playing bloodborne, shovel knight, and yoshi's wooly world.
>>
>>51272041
thats what i say every time a new gpu comes out
>>
Wait until 2016. Not even the 980Ti can quite do 4K at 60FPS on its own, and cheaper cards can do it at 2K.
>>
>>51272597
problem is my card is really showing its age on the new games and I'm worried it won't be able to run things very soon. I actually got the 270x as part of a free upgrade from a 6970 HD so the last card I bought was a 6970. I really want to wait for the new cards but when will they be coming?
>>
>>51272011
Overclock your card as much a reasonably possible then wait until next generation cards come out. They are likely coming with new technology which should be more matured by that time.
>>
>>51272562
>bloodborne
>GPU thread
Wat
>>
It's always better to wait. Wait. Wait, and then wait some more. Bide your time and build up your wealth.

And finally, once you're old and withered and lying on your deathbed, go ahead and buy that GPU. Buy the latest and the greatest. Hold it in your arms and savor it. Know that you are, at the bitter end, sitting triumphantly atop the computer graphics market.

And with your dying breath, with no friends or family to speak of around you, you can mutter unto yourself, "This is the way is was meant to be played,"
>>
I just installed the 980ti and im getting fucking 90fps in csgo... What teh fuck. With my 660ti i was getting 180~ I have a i5cpu...
>>
File: 2015-10-18_00003.jpg (250 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-18_00003.jpg
250 KB, 2560x1440
>>51272011
>buy 270x from microcenter
>buy the warranty at the time because why not
>computer starts stuttering return it
>think they'll just give me another 270x
>I get store credit
>holy fuck put some more money in to buy 290x with warranty
>turns out it was my mobo shitting on me and not my gpu
>buy new mobo and install new gpu
>290x is shit, it starts to overheat and turn off
>after a year of bullshit I return my 290x and receive store credit
>put more money in to purchase a 980ti with warranty
>will continue to do this every two years at the cost of $80 warranty
>mfw I'll have top of the line gpu no matter what

Microcenter da bes
>>
>>51272011
i always wait until the next gen to get a used, previous gen card for like 40% of its original price.
>>
i had a 560ti until a month ago when it died and i'm getting a gtx 970(yes i know about the issue of vram) tomorrow.
did i fuck up massively?
>>
>>51274743
you poor idiot.
>>
>>51274715
>buying store warranties

Get off /g/ you arent welcome here.
>>
>>51274534
Fucked up your last words pops
>>
>>51274899

Why don't you shut the fuck up? One letter. One fucking letter I fucked up in my otherwise poignant and well thought-out post, and all you can do is comment on that one letter?!

I hate you and I hope you die a premature death. That was a beautiful post suited for the annals of legendary 4chan post history and you come around, not to reply to its wisdom, but to shit all the fuck over it with your snide quips.

I am a masterful orator and easily top 25 4chan posters of all time. This is all the respect you can show me?

By the way, I'm drunk. I was drunk when I wrote that last post and only fucked up a single letter in a whole fucking paragraph. Most people fuck way more posts far more severely sober.

I summation, fuck you.
>>
>>51275657
calm down pops, you gonna bust a blood vessel or smth at your age
>I summation, fuck you.
>In summation
>>
>>51275657
p good senpai
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.