[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1423343474499.png (376 KB, 660x479) Image search: [Google]
1423343474499.png
376 KB, 660x479
>requires access to the camera
>requires access to contacts
>requires access to the sd card
>requires access to network connections
>requires access to my location
All I wanted was a sound recorder app.
>>
thats some shitty app you're downloading
>>
>>51268948
>use marshmallow
>block permissions on an individual basis after installation
Well, looks like your shitpost is just a shitpost
>>
>>51269182
How does it know what do block wihtout making apps non functional?
>>
>>51269182
>after installation
Android is such a joke
>>
>>51268948
An iPhone could never juggle all those processes at once,desu.
>>
>>51268948
>access to the sd card
that's the only legit permission
>>
>>51268948
wouldn't it need access to the microphone?
>>
>No permission to access microphone
>>51269635
Beat me to it

Also this is a Dev issue not android
>>
>>51269204
It's user controlled
It forces developers to explain why they need certain permissions
>>
>>51268948
>>requires access to the camera
microphones are tied to the camera i guess
>>requires access to contacts
beats me, sounds like a shitty app
>>requires access to the sd card
does it say SD card or internal storage? maybe it saves to SD Card so it needs write permission
>>requires access to network connections
again, shitty app
>>requires access to my location
pictures have a place to store location, maybe the sound file the app uses does something similar
>All I wanted was a sound recorder app.
then you should get a good one, i'm not sure what you want from some shit chink shit
>>
>>51268948
>All I wanted was a sound recorder app.
Well you're either dumb as shit or you're lying to us. Tell us which app that really is so we can judge for ourselves.
>>
Imageboard Browser "requires" access to fucking everything. Why?
>>
>>51268948
Pick a different sound recorder app, or use the one built in.
>>
>>51270165
>does it say SD card or internal storage? maybe it saves to SD Card so it needs write permission
Android treats the main storage area (where you have access to when you plug it into a computer) as External Storage and it requires the same permissions to access as an SD card, if your device has a slot.

Every app has access to internal storage, that's the app's own data directory that only it has owner/group permissions for.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.