[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good alternative to this app? I just started using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: google-hangouts.png (53 KB, 750x375) Image search: [Google]
google-hangouts.png
53 KB, 750x375
What's a good alternative to this app? I just started using Hangouts as my main texting app and I noticed it compresses my MMS messages to the point where they're close to unrecognizable.
The texting and everything works fine and I like the design of Hangouts, but the MMS compression really kills me so I gotta find another app. Handcent? I've used it before but no matter what kind of customization I do I can't find myself liking how it looks in the end.

Suggestions pls
>>
>>51265503
Your mms are compressed no matter what. Hangouts doesn't control that, every sent file has a maximum size so it can be compressed to be sent over text
>>
>>51265584
Oh, I wasn't aware of that.

So there's no fixing this then, I'd have to basically use a 3rd party app like Whatsapp or...just buy an iPhone to circumvent shit quality pictures huh?
>>
Use Signal

Recommended by Snowden

No accounts, encrypted messaging to other Signal users
>>
>>51265622
>No accounts, encrypted messaging to other Signal users
So you can message all 3 people using it?
>>
>>51265650
there are a million users, but whatever bruh
>>
>>51265604
Iphones are the same, but they can send video and clear photos to other people with apple accounts, but it uses your own data not mms
>>
>>51265816
I see. Thanks for the help and input everyone, I suppose I will just use 3rd party apps to send photos. 5X takes very good pictures but if they quality is lost over text then I guess that's my only option.
>>
>>51265650
this tbvh
>>
Jitsi is open source, browser based, peer to peer, and end to end encrypted.
>>
>>51265604
>>51265936
BBM is nice here as it sends a 40kb preview at first but also allows a user to request the original photo. Of course it doesn't offer other features from major chatting application, doesn't do video, and isn't open source.
>>
telegram
>>
>>51265503
there's an xposed app that allows you to disable that. But, I think its for sinding only
>>
>>51265503

>almost 2016
>MMS
>>
>>51268153

My whore gf uses telegram
>>
>>51269175
This I have to pay to get MMS enabled on my network not doing that for something no one uses.
>>
>>51265622
>signal
>recommended by the russian empire
>not even on f-droid so I have to use the malwarestore

I'll stick to xmpp + OTR (xabber client) thanks
>>
>>51265622
how does signal work then if it's not with an account
>>
>>51269634
You can still download it from Blackmart.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.