[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Huawei General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 690x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 690x335
Anybody owning a Huawei phone? Is it good? How's your experience with it? I'm considering buying Honor 7, mostly for everyday, non-power usage, various apps I need for public transportation web and video browsing, taking pictures and that sums it up, since I'm not into mobile gaming any bit. Would you recommend it? Share your Huawei experiences, I'm eager to hear it
>>
Recently bought Mate S. Switched over from iPhone 6, not complaints so far, excellent phone.

Honor 7 is pretty close stats wise, so in my opinion its worth getting.
>>
>>51265187 I couldnt hear any complaints either about it, its just that its not a gamer phone and thats all. Thanks for the reply
>>
Does the nexus 6p count? Pretty gud
>>
>>51265001
Something about the Nexus 6p back glass spontaneously cracking?
>>
>Huawei
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>51265653
Had a xperia z3 compact, placed it on a table, heard glass shattering few seconds later, spiderweb all over back panel. No idea what causes this, but probably something to do with the pressure the glass is under.
>>
I've owned a Honor 7 for a short time. Don't buy it. Hardware is nice and all, but their software is complete utter shit and you'll never have any custom roms on it.
>>
>>51265001
I have had three:
>G300
>G510

Not so bad for the price, but they lagged like hell.

>P6

My current phone. Great design and still holds up after two years. It works smoothly most of the time (don't try to play any recent 3D game though). The camera is pretty good too.

It has some durability problems. The battery swelled after a year and I had to send it to the technical service to change it. One corner of the rear cover is coming loose.

I'm really happy with it, but they had to fuck everything up with the updates. They dropped the update support at 4.4.2 and there aren't unofficial Marshmallow rooms because its CPU was made by Huawei instead of just using a common one.

They even released an update with a new version of their launcher (EmotionUI) but just in China.
>>
File: NexusBend™.webm (529 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
NexusBend™.webm
529 KB, 854x480
>>51265001
>Huawei
>Is it good
>>
>>51267431
You realize this only worked because they first held the phone over a flame for extended duration, and then smashed it with a hammer, breaking the glass, before attempting to bend it, right? The same thing would happen with any piece of aluminum if you break the part that actually provides the structural integrity (in this case, the glass screen).
>>
>>51265653
The nexus 6P has an aluminum body?
>>
>>51267781
>over a flame for extended duration
>shows them using their bare hands to bend it without getting burned

ok lol
>>
>>51267781
D A M A G E C O N T R O L
A
M
A
G
E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L
>>
>>51267431
still bends less than an iphone
>>
>>51267781
He did the test a second time, retard
>>
>>51267834
Not sure if trolling or just an idiot, but look it up.
>>
>>51267813
There is a horizontal strip of glass all the way across on the back at the top, it covers the camera, flash, and ?auto focus laser? (not sure if the 6p has one)

That is the part that was supposedly cracking.

http://www.geek.com/mobile/nexus-6p-has-a-serious-glass-cracking-problem-1638987/

Could be a fluke but I would probably wait a month or two and see what happens just in case
>>
>>51268056
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the link
>>
>>51268046

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cWVdLqXCg

I did, its still shit.
>>
>>51268097
Nice
That's just plain unfortunate
>>
>>51265691
I dont really get it why would it be
>>51265734
People claim that the metal changes size according to temperature which in some cases causes the tempered glass to crack
>>51265937
What do you hate in the software? Is it slow? Non user-friendly? I really liked the feature they've shown on reviews
>>51267431
You can do this with any phone, just baka desu senpai
>>
>>51269775
it's both slow and non user-friendly to me.

and well... it's just really bad-looking if you use other apps then stock ones, because it has nothing to do with material design or anything. notification bar does not tint accordingly to the app color, it's bloated as fuck (seriously, there are even games demos in the rom), updates are very slow to come, and Honor don't share their sources, so no chance of custom roms or anything. even Xposed Framework won't fully work on this.

I kept the phone only one month, and if I kept it that long, it's only because I got it for free (one of the websites I regularly browse has a partnership with Huawei/Honor and some of its users can try some of their products once a year in exchange for a complete review) and because I had to do a full review of it. if I had bought it, I'd have sold it same day. I've had like 15 phones this year and it's by far the shittiest software I've tried
>>
had the ascend p6. Quite the looker, got asked about it all the time. But that never made up for the appaling performance of the fucking pseudo 1-5ghz quad core that felt slower than some dual cores and the fucking GUI is awful. god awful. iphone-tier-where-the-fuck-is-the-menu-another-fucking-folder-to-stick-the-bloatware awful. get nova launcher and you're good
>>
I'm using the ascend MATE 7. It's a great phone. The phone never updates though. When you get a new huawei, you might never see an update for it.
>>
I don't like how SD memory is handled. It is used separately from phone memory.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.