[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /g/ buy an extended warranty/care plan for their tech?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: wt.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
wt.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
Does /g/ buy an extended warranty/care plan for their tech?
>>
>>51259632
Yes.
Especially if it's BestBuy.
I once jewed BestBuy out of $70 with my extended warranty.

I shattered my $200 monitor, and had the 3 year warranty for it.
I bought it 2.5 years ago, and the price had gone down $70.
When I took it in to get a replacement, they gave me a full refund for the original price I paid on a BestBuy gift card.
I bought the same monitor new, and had $70 left on the gift card.
>>
no. i have never needed any warranty
>>
warranty for tech is for retards
>>
I buy warranties for HDs. They can burn out in under a year sometimes.
>>
>>51259632
>extended warranties
Completely useless in Europe and Australia.
Not even Apple can put enough spin on Apple Care to make it look better than Australian Consumer rights.

http://www.apple.com/au/legal/statutory-warranty/
>>
>>51259632
No a GOOD QUALITY product is not one that breaks under warranty,but one that perseveres through age past it's warranty
>>
File: IMG_0641.jpg (25 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0641.jpg
25 KB, 500x333
get one for TV's and thinkpads
>>
>>51260388
Glorious consumer protection.

Almost makes up for the ridiculous pricing we have to pay for certain things. Almost.
>>
>>51259632
Generally not, as American Express automatically extends any manufacturer warranty from 1-5 years by another year for free, and also offers accidental damage/loss protection for 90 days on items I purchase, up to $1K per incident (Free of charge).

That said, on laptops I generally purchase a three year warranty with accidental damage coverage included, and on phones a two year service plan with a deductible for things like drops and liquid spills.

Two months after I bought my X230 (December 2012), a family member spilled a fill glass of wine onto it (too much at once for the drainage holes in the keyboard to work). Shit was kaput, had to ship it back to IBM Easyserv in Memphis for replacement of (essentially) all the parts.
>>
No standard warranty is fine. If it is going to break then it will during the first while. I know there are fringe cases, but generally when you are paying as high 30% of produce price, roll the dice and wait for the money to roll in.
>>
No, my country has a mandatory 5 year warranty for defects anyway so it's not needed.
>>
>>51263527
Which cunt?
>>
>>51263790
ISRAEL
>>
No, I'm not 13, I can take care of my tech and if something breaks I can fix/get it fixed for 1/2 the price of the warrenty
>>
>>51259962
this
>>
>>51259632
Sometimes.
>>
Former RadioShack employee here. You could get headphones/earbuds for life for $7.95 you got the 1 year accidental damage plan. Covered most headphones, so like the skullcandy hesh (which is $60). It was pretty damn good. I think the earbud plan was like 3.95 or something.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.