[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found out that on my .edu email I have unlimited (2 petabyte)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: google-drive1.png (17 KB, 350x273) Image search: [Google]
google-drive1.png
17 KB, 350x273
Found out that on my .edu email I have unlimited (2 petabyte) Google Drive.

It's sounds useful because on my notebook and table pc I've relatively small SSD disks. I've 3 external disks with couple of tb but it is hassle to DJ them.

Question is -- what can I put safely on the GDrive? Can I put there my music/film collection? Gore folder? Nudes of gf?
>>
>trusting 3rd parties with your data

But seriously, it'll probably be fine. Be aware if you have anything illegal that Google can and will look at what you have. I'd suggest using a service like ownCloud with your own server, but seeing as it's free you'll probably be fine.
>>
>>51257683

As long as you're not actively sharing the files to other people, Google won't care.

Also keep in mind that if your .edu account expires (aka you finish school or sometime later), the account gets deactivated and you can't use access your shit.
>>
put anything on the cloud

just dont be surprised when the google conglomerate releases it's first AI and it can spread it's butt like your girlfriend does
>>
Just encrypt whatever you don't want them to see. I doubt anything would happen with the stuff you listed though.
>>
>>51257743

This is a problem?
>>
--Thanks for replies, I expected much more negative response; that it is not a good idea at all.

Also, is there any possible chance that the school has an access to it?

>>51257729
Luckily at my school (nyu) it lasts lifelong
>>
post nudes of gf
>>
All you have to do is zip/rar/7z your files and put a password on it. Congrats its now encrypted and noone in the world can access it except you and high intelligence agency
>>
>>51257838
Thank you, good idea -- is there however any faster way how to do it without compressing it? I know that it is possible to .zip without compression, but if there is a way to make the folder just protected by password and when opened the files could be browsed normally
>>
>>51257683
>SSD disks

fuck off normie
>>
>>51257683
just get a portable 1tb. black friday just around the corner.
>>
>>51257972
?
>>
>>51257683
>Government
>Online
>Observation and
>General
>Line
>Eavesdropping
>>
>>51257683
Wondering here if my lewd (blue board though) weeb images will be fine in my .edu
>>
>>51258334
kek
>>
>>51258512
>even though Google execs practically give Obama blowies
>>
>>51259092
oh yes I've read Assange's thing and it's scary. But they couldn't go through encryption right?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.