[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... I have installed the FreeBSD 10.2. Installed the nvidia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: bsdinstall-boot-options-menu.png (7 KB, 719x400) Image search: [Google]
bsdinstall-boot-options-menu.png
7 KB, 719x400
So... I have installed the FreeBSD 10.2. Installed the nvidia drivers, xorg, enabled the module in kernel, but the graphic performance is disastrous.

The fonts on Firefox is disgusting. Screenfetch don't work. The htop does not mark the memory consumption properly.

I installed Compton, but I can not make it work.

What i need to do, anons?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>51255287
he actually installed FreeBSD on a personal computer the absolute madman
>>
>>51255287
Install gentoo
>>
File: gentoo.png (580 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
gentoo.png
580 KB, 800x792
>>51255300
>>51255325
>>
>>51255287
You should try PCBSD it's still pure freeBSD just with all the graphically bits taken care of
pcbsd.org
>>
File: tumblr_mcq7y71NPE1rk003oo1_400.gif (447 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcq7y71NPE1rk003oo1_400.gif
447 KB, 300x275
>>51255300
>>51255325
>>
>>51255363

Thank you, anon. I will test it. :3
>>
>>51255415
np and good look if you wanna get to more about BSD and it's community check out BSDnow podcast, I highly recommend it
>>
freebsd team doesnt actually care about anything thats not VMs or macs

just use openbsd
>>
>>51255325
Pretty much this.
>>
>>51255472
or Dragonfly if the lastest graphics drivers are important to you
or netbsd if your computer is a toaster
>>
>>51255458

Thanks again, buddy. :D

>>51255472

Thanks for suggestion. :)

>>51255505

I heard about the DragonFly, but did not get to test it.
>>
>>51255472
but what about ZFS? all that storage
>>
>>51255550
Unfortunately will not happen until Oracle changes the licensing.

HAMMER would be a nice alternative, but it's not fully mature, yet. There was an effort to port it, though.
>>
>>51255564
But don't they have the whole openZFS and constantly implenting feature flags to it. The company IXSystems is completely dedicated to ZFS and freebsd and their business completely revolves around it. And there was also the recent ZFS developers summit which a bunch of freebsd people attended
>>
OP here. ZFS on BSD (except Solaris), don't work in UEFI, only in BIOS. :/
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.