[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm done with lagdroid, thinking about getting a WP and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 930-1020-2.jpg (75 KB, 1000x520) Image search: [Google]
930-1020-2.jpg
75 KB, 1000x520
I'm done with lagdroid, thinking about getting a WP and I'm liking the lumia 1020 and 930. Anyone got had/have these phones and how did you like them?
>>
>>51251255
stay away from lumia.
that's it
>>
new WP coming soon with win10
>>
>>51251255
My brother has a 930 and loves it. That's all I can say, although I had and liked a 635. Or was it 640? Can't remember. Good though.
>>
Enjoy being part of the worldwide microsoft malware botnet
>>
>>51251278
The fuck are you on about?
Lumia's are the only option for WP.
But yeah, 10's out soon, wit a bit.
I've had a 620 and 530 and loved both.
>>
>>51251255
It's a phone, anon. It will make calls, send messages, and go on the Internet. What else do you really do with it anyway? Just get it.

Watch some online review of both phones from non-shill sources. This will give you much more definitive info than that coming from the underage teenage troll of /g/. To them WP phones are either best shit since sliced bread, or >no apps, top kek!
>>
>>51251291
Can't I install that shit on these older phones too? Also that shit's gonna be too expensive desu

>>51251278
Thanks for your input.
>>
Im using 1020 gets the job done, listen to this nigga >>51251326
>>
>>51251353
Yeah that's why I like what that phone offers.

I need:
>phonecalls, sms, whatsapp, viber, facebook
>browser
>camera
>gps
>>
the 930 is awesome

my grandpa somehow got it and im pretty jealous of it
>>
>>51251255
I love my 928. I wish Verizon and Windows weren't seemingly incapable of doing business together, because I'd be all over a 950 or 950xl.

It's a phone, no funny business. It works perfectly, quickly, and satisfies all of my needs and most of my wants.
>>
>>51251435
But what about SnapChat nudes? :^(
>>
File: 1442865640516.gif (2 MB, 271x201) Image search: [Google]
1442865640516.gif
2 MB, 271x201
I've bought Lumia 820 and feel like a total retard now. Its mine for year and 5 out of 7 days in a week i want to smash it into pieces.
At first I've enjoyed how smooth everything worked, but then I've noticed that I dont have Instagram, good YT app, no bubble notifications from Facebook, god I couldn't even change the wallpaper.
Then it started freezing and crashing. Deleting everything worked for about a week but then this piece of shit started going crazy again.
The new update came out, they added wallpapers (oh wow, too bad its behind tiles so you cant see shit), but still no good YT app. You can laugh in the face of the people who say that WP has no apps. Oh no. WP store is full of apps. Too bad they are shitty, crash, and you have to pay for them. Also forget about playing MKV with subtitles. Wanna play hearthstone or something more sophisticated than angry birds? Too bad.
Wanna play this popular game that all your friends play? Too bad its getting WP port years after your friends uninstall it.
Only good thing I can tell about this is that its durable and music quality is okay (music player sucks dick tho).
If you dont have friends, and live in basement fapping to pretty animations of the tiles, then buy it, but know that this phone fucked me everyday for 1 year. Thank god that 11.11 sale is coming and I'll buy something with Android
>>
>>51252426
>bubble notifications from Facebook
Stopped reading this horribly dated copy-pasta right here.
>>
>>51252455
I liked them and I'll get them as soon as I get android phone.
You can buy what you want, but be prepared to get fucked by Gates. I wasn't
>>
>>51252490
And you get ready for the most data mining you've ever had in your entire life, including your exact location at all times. It will all be done seamlessly in the background (at a cost of your battery life), so you won't notice it. Out of sight, out of mind, amirite? :)
>>
>>51252426
>I dont have Instagram
Fucking faggot
>good YT app
Fucking IE plays YT vids flawlessly and no ads
>no bubble notifications from Facebook
Fucking FAGGOT
>god I couldn't even change the wallpaper.
Fucking RETARD
>Wanna play hearthstone or something more sophisticated than angry birds? Too bad.
Oh this has to be a troll

WP is for adults, stick to your Lagdroid
>>
>>51252519
Oooh and what they will do with this data?
Show me ads that might interest me?
Scary as fuck, wheres my tinfoil hat
>>
>>51252552
>WP is for adults
because it "just werks"? Too bad it doesnt.
If you want to just send sms/email/call people you dont need WP.
>>
>>51252426
>implying hearthstone is more sophisticated than angry birds ayy
>>
What worries me about the 1020 is the duo core CPU. Can it run youtube/twitch well?
>>
>>51252570
xD
>>
>>51251397
>facebook
lol
>>
>>51252570
Sorry bro, they know where you live, what you look like, when you were born. Maybe they'll drop by for a slice of cake on your birthday
>>
>>51252653
>don't have instagram
6Tag or Instagram BETA
>good youtube app
MetroTube, myTube!, or Tubecast
>can't even change the wallpaper
That's just you being too stupid to go through the streamlined settings app.

Everything else is on point though.
>>
File: 1446413724420.jpg (71 KB, 500x518) Image search: [Google]
1446413724420.jpg
71 KB, 500x518
Have you tried android 6?
>>
>>51252552

So for you being an adult means having no instagram or facebook lmfao edgy as fuck
>>
>>51251255
You are going from bad to worse.

Get an iPhone 6S and stop being a poorfag
>>
>>51253923
Thanks for your input.
>>
wait for the lumia 950 or 950 xl, come with sd card slot and removable battery

that also hopefully means we'll be getting good universal apps this time around
>>
>>51253923
Android costs more than iPhone you dumb poorfag
>>
>>51254988
They're gonna cost a fair bit more especially in Europe
>>
>>51251255
Own a 930. I do like this phone. The key selling points of it are the beautiful display and the magnificent camera.

WP is a solid, stable and secure OS (if you ignore the botnet factor).

My only grudge with it is the battery. It's a very powerful phone and I'm almost always using my 4G connection, so it drains rather quickly.
>>
File: 1446351140733.jpg (427 KB, 650x925) Image search: [Google]
1446351140733.jpg
427 KB, 650x925
>>51255123
Android is free.
>>
>>51251314
>implying I have a choice when my pc has to run Windows

>>51251326
I don't think you get the point of these threads
>>
>>51251828
>implying /g/ talks to girls
Lol, you faggot
>>
>>51252675
Lumia 920 owner here, everything runs fine. Why would you need a quad core for video streams?
It is starting to show its age though. It's less fast than it used to be.
>>
>>51251255
Have a 920 and soon get the 950xl

Best phones on the market if you don't need some underdog custom apps from lowlifes you will have everything you will ever need
Don't get yourself memed into not buying one by some /g/tards

Have a nice day
>>
Windows phone is shit. I've owned two and really tried to make them work but they are simply inadequate compared to Android. Hell even iOS is better than Windows Phone because at least you have apps. Both WP and iOS are locked down walled gardens that limit what you can do with the phone, but at least iOS is polished. WP default apps are shoddy and MS has abandoned 8.1 so nothing will change until they release 10.

Don't fall for the WP meme, it's a dying irrelevant burning platform. Sure Nokia and now Microsoft make good phones but the operating system holds them back and prevents them from reaching their full potential. I'd love a Microsoft/Nokia phone running stock Android with an unlockable bootloader, but they're probably never going to do that.
>>
File: 1446080523518.jpg (38 KB, 567x523) Image search: [Google]
1446080523518.jpg
38 KB, 567x523
>>51252426
>muh 10,000 fat button apps

>>>/trash/
>>
>>51251255
Have you tried Sailfish yet my brother
It is truly a magnificent experience
>>
>>51252767
>>51252519
exactly the same with android and apple

you can only avoid that with some custom android roms
but stop pretending that windows is the only or the worst botnet
it's not
google and apple are just as evil

now take your tinfoil hat and fight the new world order somewhere else
you won't beat it in a thread on /g/
>>
>>51251323

Think he means stay away from WP all together.
>>
>>51252426

>Only good thing I can tell about this is that its durable and music quality is okay (music player sucks dick tho).

So true, music and podcast players are not good.
>>
1020 cons
battery last hardly a day (standby is ok, but once you start to use web browser it is downhill)
camera startup is really slow
video records OIS sounds
call volume could be higher

pros
xenon
"raw" images
4s shutter
resale value
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.