[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tablet thread I'm about to pull the trigger on this chuwi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: how.jpg (36 KB, 531x580) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
36 KB, 531x580
Tablet thread

I'm about to pull the trigger on this chuwi hi8 for $90.

2GB RAM
32GB storage
64gb external storage support
1200 x 1900

should I? Is there a better chinkpad for a bit better cost? I'm just gonna read manga and maybe other shit in the bed like jack off
>>
Go ahead, it's a great tablet that is dirt cheap.

Be aware that the display glass is fragile, though, so you might want to get some type of case for it.
>>
I have one. it p good for the price

battery isn't that great though and sound with headphones is pretty bad.

charges p slow too. it depletes faster than it charges do even with it plugged in it will still be losing battery while you use it.

anyone know how to root this thing?
>>
>>51237057
>battery isn't that great though and sound with headphones is pretty bad.

>charges p slow too. it depletes faster than it charges do even with it plugged in it will still be losing battery while you use it.

the fuck that sounds awful
>>
thanks
>>
>>51235908
I have one and it's pretty great in most aspects except the battery life. I get like 3-4 hours watching videos in Windows, and maybe 5ish if you're just browsing.

The android side is really unoptimized. The CPU runs at max all the time so the battery depletes really quick plus it runs hot. I get like maybe 2 hours max playing Star Wars Kotor.

I don't regret buying it though, it's a nice little device otherwise.
>>
>>51238658
there's no way to throttle the cpu?
>>
>>51237057
Would having a better Wall wart fix this?
>>
>>51238658
You could probably root it and use Rom Toolbox Pro to set the CPU lower. I haven't figured out how to root it myself yet though.
>>
>>51235908
Try to wait for the new model coming out soon with USB Type-C charging.It will just be $99.

http://techtablets.com/2015/11/chuwi-
hi8-pro-to-ship-with-usb-3-type-c-port/
>>
>>51239235
thanks, I'll probably just do that
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.