[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good UPS to buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 61q1CABUkeL._SL1000_.jpg (70 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
61q1CABUkeL._SL1000_.jpg
70 KB, 1000x1000
Is this a good UPS to buy?
>>
>>51232697
I'll vouch for that one, I have the 1350VA version and its been working great for a year and a half now. 28 events and counting.
>>
>>51233557
Not OP, but is there a reason why anyone should buy a pure sinewave UPS? Or is it just marketing snake oil?
>>
Car battery and a step-up transformer
>>
>>51233589
It reduces "noise".

https://superuser.com/questions/912679/when-do-i-need-a-pure-sine-wave-ups
>>
I have an APC 1500 VA, and with my router and lights plugged into it, I don't even notice power blips. Honestly a UPS is one of the most underrated tech "extras" anyone can buy.

>>51233608
this guy is right though, UPS's are just overpriced glorified car batteries
>>
>>51233589
It probably depends on what you want to plug into it, most devices really don't care all that much how their AC is shaped but some do so I bought it as cheap insurance so I wouldn't have to worry about what I plugged into it.

I bought this model more for the active regulation than the pure sine wave aspect because my power is really shit out here and without it I would come home every couple of weeks and find my computer on but unresponsive. That has never happened again after I bought this UPS.
>>
>>51232697
I don't have that exact one, but have a 950 watt one of the same brand and it's been great. Zero complaints.
>>
>>51233589
Pure sine wave UPS's are needed when the device has a shitty power supply that assumes it's getting clean power and does no filtering of it's own.
>>
>>51233767
no, they still contain a lot of circuitry to charge batteries and convert DC to AC
however the batteries they contain probably are very similar to car batteries
>>
>>51233767
APC is trash, there are other brands that have 1500VA for half the price and actually offer warranty, instead of swindling out of it with delays and denial. APC will see no business from me ever again.
>>
File: cyberpower.jpg (46 KB, 500x1289) Image search: [Google]
cyberpower.jpg
46 KB, 500x1289
>>51232697
>>
>>51233961
Did something good happen?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.