[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/, please help me. I hate making a support thread, but I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1434264891800.gif (179 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
1434264891800.gif
179 KB, 440x248
/g/, please help me.

I hate making a support thread, but I think I have a problem that suffices for one.

I had a motherboard whose integrated audio completely died when I installed something into a PCIE slot, so I bought another one.

This one had an issue with the audio on only the front port. It would make quiet electrostatic buzzes and hisses, which would become louder if I started something graphically intensive, or when I moved me mouse. (I have no idea why)

I tried hooking another computer case's audio through my computer (to make sure it wasn't my case) and it still had the same problem.

I issued an RMA and got a replacement board, which showed the same issues.

I issued another RMA on that board, got a refund, and bought a motherboard of different make.

It has the same fucking problem and I'm dumbfounded of why. I have absolutely no clue of why it is happening.

It happens in Ubuntu as well.

Is there anything else responsible for audio? Do I have faulty RAM? Is there something wrong with my CPU?

I have no clue and my day is ruined. I am going to cry.
>>
>>50813262
Install gentoo
>>
>>50813262
Check your psu.
>>
>>50813523
...do you really think so?

I'll try this. It's a corsair shitter. I want to take a quick nap because I feel like piss right now.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I never thought of that.
>>
>>50813262
It's natural. You can ground it or use 'ground loop isolator' wizardy if you can't stand it. Nothing is wrong with your computer, it's completely normal, move along, stop caring about it.
>>
>>50814375
It definitely isn't normal. No computer I have ever used has had this problem except for mine. It's really damn loud for static noise.

I'd believe you that every computer has it, but mine would be an extreme case of that.
>>
>>50814637
Okay, maybe 'normal' is bad word - 'harmless' then. Sometimes you have too much magnetic field/poor electrical installation/whatever and then it's kinda loud. So, as long as you can't hear it on daily basis over the music or something - it's harmless.

when i'm leaving my guitar on high gain near computer, its pickups pick up every mouse scroll or even mouse movement as some kind of weird noise. I think at some point i've heard it in mike as well, but only on very high gains. Make sure that everything in your audio equipment is set up properly, maybe something needs to amplify really weak signal somewhere in the way to your speakers and then it may be happening.
>>
>>50814637

Make sure its not your headphones or speakers first.

Then unplug all your peripherals and see if that fixes it.

if the problem only happens or gets worse when you do GPU intensive stuff, roll back your drivers... try another GPU if you have one.

If you manually lower to power directed to your GPU and this solves it, I would guess its a problem with your PSU.

Reset everything to default if you've OC'd.
>>
>>50814740
I apologize for not specifying, but I am using headphones. I understand what you mean about a speaker system (I have one) but it never occurs with headphones

>>50814816
Thanks, though I tried it without the GPU and it still has the same issue. It also does it on Ubuntu, so I don't believe it is a driver issue. I suspect it to be the PSU, which I will try once I stop feeling so horrible so I don't blow my top and break something and regret it later.
>>
>>50814868

try washing your graphics card in soapy water
>>
>>50814902
I really would prefer not to.

The audio is fucky even without it in.
>>
>>50814868
If it only occurs in speakers, that's even better fit. It means that something may have have too high gain somewhere on the way. Are you sure that your speaker set is not some cheap piece of shit made by cheapest chinks on the market without any electronics knowledge?

I still think that proper grounding may fix this issue, but i understand if you have no means to provide it.
>>
buy a mac
>>
>>50814964
Shit, sorry. I should have rephrased.

I understand why it would happen in speakers, which is completely natural and I am okay with.

However it is happening with my headphones as well, which should never happen.
>>
>>50815009
It can be heard in headphones as well - sgnal is still amplified somewhere on the way. Hell, my headphones (pretty high-end ones though) are picking more noise than i hear from speakers, even though speakers are getting signal through one more additional amp.

Seriously, computer generating sounds when calculating (scrolling makes a lot of calculations) in various sound recieving things is not harmless. Ground it if you feel bad about it, but as long as you don't hear it over signal (like music), it's nothing to be scared of.
>>
>>50815088
Well, I guess I should go around my way of grounding it. I don't know shit about electrical stuff, do you have any suggestions of where I should start?

Also thanks, you've been a great help.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.