[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else getting tired of how quickly technology is moving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1444628628547.jpg (112 KB, 677x782) Image search: [Google]
1444628628547.jpg
112 KB, 677x782
Anyone else getting tired of how quickly technology is moving now?

As soon as I buy something I feel like it's already outdated.
>>
>go to the google store
>buy new flagship android phone
>OS support already dropped by the time you get home

bad feel
>>
>>50809409
use well written, lasting technology.
then you don't get that feeling.
>>
>>50809409
welcome to consumerism
>>
what are you even talking about?

i bought a new computer to replace my 4 year old one. it had twice as much ram and twice as many cpu cores.

if you ask me that's not much of a difference after 4 years. what happened to murphy's law? it seems like consumer electronics are slowing their rate of progress now. computers are about as fast as they need to be for home computing.
>>
>>50809777
moore's law not murphy's*
>>
>>50809711
My poor SGS5...

My first and last Android phone, I suppose. Will go back to iPhones in 2017.
>>
Until I have the option to leave this planet, it's not moving fast enough
>>
>>50809409
I use no tech that is less than 4 years old, and quite a few things that I still use are more than 10 years old. I use no tech older than 22 years on a daily basis though.
>>
>>50809409

Stop thinking about technology as status.
Technology is a tool. Either it works as well as you want, or it doesn't. How old or flashy it's is irrelevant.
>>
>Build decent quality computer
>Every year or two make some upgrade
>Always runs great.

I'm still thinking of getting a new case and GPU at the end of the year when I get my bonus.
>>
>>50809409
It's a strange time. Everything is getting faster and replaced more quickly, but it's pointless.

>still using a Core 2 Duo with 8 gigs of ram and an SSD
>everything runs great, feel no reason to upgrade ever
>literally just bought a used business PC for $100 a few years ago and dropped a video card in it
>>
>>50809409
Make the most of it. Most think that this is the golden age of technology and it's downhill from here.
>>
>>50809409
What the fuck? I feel the exact opposite. 2010 desktop pc is still pretty fast, my Z1 has literally everything a newer phone does, I could even hack the newer camera app that supports 4K recording on it, if I wanted to.
>>
>They make faster processors with me cores
>Software being make isn't optimized for more cores
>>
>>50809777
>Murphy's law
Top kek
>>
>>50809409
>As soon as I buy something I feel like it's already outdated.

It's why I never buy anything.
>>
I still have my i5 2500k from 4.5 years ago with 8 gb ram.

If I change the graphics card and OC the cpu, it's good for pretty much anything.

Back in the late 90s and early 00s computers became dated in 12 months and obsolete in 2 years.
>>
>>50809409
Zipf, man.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.