[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/ I am living in a building with 25 students and some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20151014_103926.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151014_103926.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
hey /g/
I am living in a building with 25 students and some of them keep complaining that the internet is shit, but it works fine for me
so to fix this the guy that runs our internet want us to give him the mac adress of all our devices so he can monitor all the data we us
he already installed some opendns filter that restricts the websites we can go to
half of my websites are blocked and also he blocked all proxies...
is there a way around this measures or some way I can fuck with the network?
>>
>>50805163
Stop being poor and get your own internet.
>>
>>50805163
get a macadress from some other person.
Clone that mac adress for the time beeing.

Will fuck up everythink: Two devices with the same mac-adress.
> i am not sure what will happen
>>
>>50805163
Also use a router and or change your DNS server so your internet is not blocked

>8.8.8.8
>>
>>50805163
V P N
>>
>>50805243
I have to email my mac adress so he will probably notice

>>50805256
thanks will try that

>>50805317
if he sees I will download everything through a VPN he will block the IP
unless I keep changing the IP adress of the VPN maybe...
>>
>>50805256
This
>>
>>50805256
there are already 3 routers in the building, 2 between the floors and one above my door
if I replace the one above my door with my router would it work?
>>
>>50805341

VPN over an SSH tunnel
>>
>>50805341
I think you're overestimating this guy's intelligence.

Just use PIA or something similar with Google DNS and I bet you'll be fine. But I could be wrong.
>>
Nice screenshot
>>
>>50805163
Install tor from usb
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.