[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, yesterday there was a thread about Aurous, a music streaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: output.webm (265 KB, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
265 KB, 486x500
Hey /g/, yesterday there was a thread about Aurous, a music streaming service, which was months in development. I decided to make a clone and came up with webm related.
I need a better name and logo, which currently blends in with the out-of-focus bar.
Also suggestions.
>>
Binary executable https://github.com/Guad/MusicTimeGUI/releases/download/0.3/Music.Time.Executable.zip

and source code here
https://github.com/Guad/MusicTimeGUI
>>
great work anon the only thing it's missing is the ability to import my own music.
>>
>>50778784
Yeah that'd be the next step
>>
File: atomica.png (93 KB, 463x655) Image search: [Google]
atomica.png
93 KB, 463x655
Nice music player.

Pic related is what I made and use everyday.
Has tons of features and hotkeys too, view artists, favorites, search albums etc. Also lighting fast because it caches all of your library and ID3 tags on the first run. Will also stream over a server if you input host IP in settings.
>>
>>50778966
Sounds awesome, care to post it?
>>
How would one learn to do something like this? Where should I start and how much time did it take? How hard is it to make the most simplest music or video player? I know some java and python, and html/css/js/php.
>>
>>50778371
I'll work on the logo.
>>
The next step is to make it consume 1GB of RAM, then were set.
>>
>>50780791
>How would one learn to do something like this? Where should I start
Lay down a plan
>how much time did it take
about a full day
>How hard is it to make the most simplest music or video player?
I didn't make it from scratch like some autist, that's not the point of the program. I used the WMP API Windows has to play music.
>I know some java and python, and html/css/js/php.
Please don't make a browser desktop app that consumes 400mb of ram like the fags over at aurous
>>
>>50780867
I'm not using an embedded browser in the program
>>
Bump for interest, I would love to see where this goes.
>>
http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6723046/aurous-andrew-sampson-developer-explains

So this is a lie, right?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.