[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The worst kind of hypocrisy on /g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: a.jpg (288 KB, 762x1024) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
288 KB, 762x1024
>claims to be for free software and freedom
>uses a Linux distro with non-free components

https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.en.html
>>
that's why i use os x
>>
that's why i use windows
>>
that's why i use freebsd
>>
>>50771981
>install gentoo
>
ACCEPT_LICENSE="-* @FREE"
>sys-kernel/ck-sources deblob

>mfw nouveau works like crap
>
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
>emerge nvidia-drivers
>>
>>50771981
I'm a pragmatist. I prefer free software and ideally everyone should write it, but I'm also not a fundamentalist.
>>
>>50771981
>claims to not be a cuckold
>installs a linux distro anyways

imo the worst kind of hypocrisy on /g/
>>
I'm using Fedora. Your move.
>>
File: 1420165938108.jpg (52 KB, 543x960) Image search: [Google]
1420165938108.jpg
52 KB, 543x960
>>50772139
Check. And. Mate.
>>
>>50771981
to me the important part is the hardware, the core OS (kernel), and the core utilities (compiler, c libraries, graphics server).

Anything else I would prefer to be open source but do not mind using closed source if the open source is unviable or nonexistent.

nvidia-drivers is an example
a few games another

I do not really see a difference between using nouveau and nvidia-drivers since in the end the actual CPU/GPU is probably backdoored if there is any. So until we have open hardware.
>>
>>50771981
Special snowflake’ syndrome, is a disease in which the subject believes that because she occupies a subculture mildly different to the mainstream, she is inherently better, and above them. The subject will never state that she is better, but it is implied, as is the belief that she is rare in her qualities, despite, in reality, being an only slightly less common cliche. Subjects suffering from this syndrome have been known to make statements such as “I’m the girl who’d rather stay home reading Harry Potter than get drunk and get ‘sweet hooks’ “, and will frequently act as if she is under tremendous pressure to act like a ‘typical girl,’ not realising that ‘typical girls’ are a myth, and those she looks down upon are not what they seem
>>
GPL is probably the most restrictive open and free license. Would not recommend.
>>
>>50772428
>allowing others to monetize what you share freely
cuck
>>
>>50772129
Do you have sex with your PC or how is that cuckoldry?
>>
>>50771981
who is this semen demon
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.