[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old iPhone 3GS Use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: fuck you.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
Anyone have any ideas on what to use and old 3GS for? Anyone use Whited00r?
>>
Install, Gentoo
>>
>>50762742
Gentoo
Music Player
>>50763706
Organizer/PDA
Gentoo

install gentoo
>>
Unfortunately you can't use whited00r w/ a 3GS (only 2G and 3G are supported)...
Found my good old 3GS a few days ago in an old bag of mine. Found out that it's kinda useless nowadays because you can't go further than iOS 6. It's slow and you can't install most apps. You can't even use WhatsApp, even with the latest iOS 6 compatible version :/
>>
File: openbsd_mod_by_openbsd.jpg (484 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
openbsd_mod_by_openbsd.jpg
484 KB, 800x526
>>50762742
do you have a moment for our and savior, Gentoo?
>oh shit nigga
>whaddup ma nigga?
>news says gentoo adapted systemd
>you said fucking what?!
>nigga we are in deep shit now. do you know why? because we cant fucking solve this by installing gentoo
>nvm Im already on opnebsd
>nigga das cool

install bsd!
>>
>>50763906
Yeah, feeling a bit doomed here. Perhaps a good looking paperweight?
>>
File: 1348374638186.gif (1 MB, 400x206) Image search: [Google]
1348374638186.gif
1 MB, 400x206
enjoying those updates, op?
>>
File: 1444548646059.png (88 KB, 420x248) Image search: [Google]
1444548646059.png
88 KB, 420x248
Unrelated to OP but speaking of iPhone 3GS, can it still run apps from the app store? I'm thinking of getting a cheap used one to play bishoujo games with....
>>
>>50764798
On the iPhone 6 now, your tears taste delicious.

>>50764835
Nah dude don't fucking do it. Head to Craigslist and grab one, make sure it works and then fuck around with it. I'd say 4s+
>>
>>50764915
>On the iPhone 6 now, your tears taste delicious.
are you retarded?
>>
>>50764940
You're still using Lagdroid, you tell me.
>>
>>50764954
i'll go with "yes"
>>
>>50764965
How many times did your phone reset before you got to post that?
>>
>>50764987
>trying this hard to justify your iphone purchase
>>
>>50764987
You have never used Android and you're making claims every other iOS user makes about Android. Android is fine, it's lag free and feature packed. If you use iOS fine, but don't make empty claims
>>
>>50765100
Fuck I had a long response typed out, but it basically concluded fuck you I had a terrible experience with my N5, and maybe it was the device but all the other people with this phone felt that it was fucking shit, myself included.

Apple limits you yes, but my phone has yet to reset, my camera is awesome and iMessage kicks ass

good try though "never used android" I fucking suffered
>>
>>50762742
As a Music Player.
>>
>>50765239

Really?

My friends iPhone 6 has under a 8 hour battery life, and if she's lucky, hey phone with shut off at 30%.

My iPhone 5 shits itself at startup, it takes almost a minute to load.

My friend's iPhone 5 has locked up on him, and overheated, twice. Apple claimed it was a firmware issue, and left it in recovery mode.
>>
>>50765776
Maybe I'm still in new iphone bliss mode but I get at least 10 hours of active use (not including netflix)

As far as Apple not helping, I can't speak on that, but I know LG wanted to charge me 150 for a screen replacement.
Please don't think I'm stanning for Apple, I hate that I can't even have a file explorer, or the fact that I MUST use iTunes, but understanding what the device says it does, and what it does really hits the nail on the head. I don't like the idea of them re-releasing a new(read:the same) phone over and over, but it works for them, and they know their audience.

Again, perhaps it's a fluke, and maybe I'm just a shit user, but I have my N5 waiting for Android M; hopefully that'll be a better experience.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.