[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ Scenarios - The New /g/eneration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: children-computer-getty.jpg (709 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
children-computer-getty.jpg
709 KB, 2048x1536
Let's see how the people of this board will do in certain scenarios involving technology.

ITT: It's about time for your child to start using the computer. Being the wonder rockstar dad/mom you are, you teach your child how to use a computer.

Although, what would you teach your son/daughter first?
Would you make them build their own computer?
What OS would you make them learn?
How far are you going into computer science with them?
Do you want your child to be a successful neckbeard?
>>
>>47323996
I don't plan on having children
>>
>>47323996
>Would you make them build their own computer?
Yes. This is a wonderful bonding activity and will help the child to strenghten their motoric skills as well as their logical thinking.

>What OS would you make them learn?
Either OS X or Windows unless Linux has become widely adopted in workspaces. I would tell them about Linux anyway but teaching them a proper knowledge of OSs they can use in their jobs is the best for them.

>How far are you going into computer science with them?
It depends. I'd teach them some basics and if they want to continue I'd go further.

>Do you want your child to be a successful neckbeard?
Successful, yes. Neckbeard, not necessarily. But I'd probably be proud of whatever my kid will do anyway.
>>
>>47324035
>Scenario
Make it up, pretend you actually had plans for children.
>>
>>47324035
/thread

People who have children are literally cancer.
>>
>>47323996
>how far are you going into computer science with them
first off, your post could have been reduced to this one question.

secondly, what a stupid question
>>
>>47324056
It really just goes down to who's raising them.
A family of a teenage pregnant precum baby would obviously have no idea how to control a child.

Now let's say a the child parents are successful, educated people. You're going to get better results in parenting.

Unless you're talking about the age of 1-5 where they act like little snot ball animals.
>>
>Although, what would you teach your son/daughter first?
My daughter first. Because she is more likely to find a job in the field. I would teach my son to be a model. Fags are successful in that field.
Yes.
OSX and loonix
Depends on them. I'll ignite the fire.
No. Just successful.
>>
>>47324035
>Implying it's your choice
>>
>>47324138
>Wanting your son to be gay so he'll have a better shot in the work field.
You genius.
>>
>>47324138
What will you do to your son if he comes out straight as an arrow?
>>
>>47323996
Would you make them build their own computer?
Of course, even though they are probably going to fail and cost me a lot of money. It might be worth it at the end.
OSX and Linux
Basic web design and maybe scratch
Successful, yeah. The neckbeard... meh.
>>
>>47324239
Arrows are actually quite bendy
>>
>>47324417
Bisexsual then?
>>
>>47324117
Population is a issue, soon we will experience over population of retarded latino and nigger babies.
>>
>>47324239
forced gender reassignment surgery
>>
>>47324557
Ed g
>>
>>47323996
Teenagers nowadays are quite capable of teaching themselves things. I'd just teach my kid how to use a computer on a very basic level, he can figure the rest out himself.
By the time i have a kid, maybe things will have changed. Like how smartphones came into existence years ago, there might be something new in the future too.
I'm a very selfish person, i'd actually want to see my son become less successful than me. I want to be the most successful person out of all my relatives , period.
I'm not even joking, everyone in my family is a loser. My grandmother was a community-level politician once, hated by everyone mind you, if i can top that i'm the best of the family
>>
How to use google.They can learn pretty much anything they need to know from it.
Yes.Prebuilts are a scam an I wouldn't want them wasting cash.Plus the knowledge would be good to have.

Honestly? Linux. Get them used to a more advanced OS first and introduce them to Windows later on.What they want to use will be left up to them,depending on their personal preference.
As far as they want to go.

If by neck beard,you mean someone who has more technical knowledge than 85% of kids their age,then yes.
>>
>>47323996

Yes together, I'd build the first computer with them.

I'd let them choose between Linux and Windows, I'd create 2 partitions with a different OS on each so when they want to play they can use Windows, for everything else Linux if they want.

>What would you teach your son/daughter first?
I'd teach them that the internet is not safe and they should never give their personal informations to strangers, especially not to social networks.

Not much, if they're interested I'd teach them what they want to know, I won't force anything on them except safety rules.

It's really up to them, I'd be happy enough if they learn how to use the internet, then I don't care if they choose anything that isn't related to computers, if they wanna be soccer players they can, if they wanna be novelists they can, if they wanna be programmers of course they're more than welcome.

Though, most likely I'll never have kids because I'm broke as fuck and unemployed, so.. whatever.
>>
I'd show them a documentary or tell them about how computers used to be. I'd then explain to them that technology has changed over time and become more affordable over time (economics lesson too?). That we can get the parts and make our own computer!
Yes. I'd double everything so I could show them how I did it, then have them do the same thing. If didn't have the motor skills to do it themselves, I would obviously assist them, but try to get them to most of it themselves.
All. I would show them each OS and ask them which they'd like to try. I want them to be exposed to as many different ones as possible to help them learn that there are different ways of approaching the same concept.
As far as they'd like. I would try to do the same thing with any other area as well. If my child got really interested in woodworking, I would try to help them learn as much as possible.
I want them to learn that the only way to achieve something is by working for it. Some people don't have to work as much for the same thing, but it is important to instill in my children that success will never be achieved by just wishing. The only way to achieve is to put in the necessary effort.
>>
>>47323996
>time for your child to start using the computer
don't you mean smartphone?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.