[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with WP?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: lumia1020-n8.jpg (146 KB, 1000x674) Image search: [Google]
lumia1020-n8.jpg
146 KB, 1000x674
I'm not a big tech guy, and am finally getting a smartphone. I've been looking at the Lumia 1020 as I love recording/capturing, and often do it for projects as hobbies.

My worry and wonder though is, it looks like no new phones have been released in quite some time for Windows Phone. I know it's not dead with WP10 on it's way, but what's up with that?

Have any new phones come out in 2014 for the platform I should be aware of?
>>
File: ZQQzRIt.png (39 KB, 867x172) Image search: [Google]
ZQQzRIt.png
39 KB, 867x172
Get a 930
>>
It's the exact same situation that happened with the Zune, except there is a little more life in it. Microsoft began pushing their mobile operating systems a little too late after Android and Apple had gotten a firm marketshare. Sort of how Microsoft released the Zune long after Apple had released the iPod and everyone had already gotten one. When Microsoft released the Zune, it was a really good Media Player, no doubt. But it simply didn't have enough to make people want to switch from an iPod.

That's the pickle Microsoft is in today, sure Windows Phone is a solid OS, but it doesn't have enough to want to make people who already have an Android/iPhone to switch over. This problem is compounded by the fact that once you buy an Android/iPhone that you enter their ecosystem and anything you purchase would need to be purchased again if you went to another ecosystem.
>>
>>47285306
I just got a 930 for 400 eurobucks
based phone
no ragrets
>>
>>47285950

Bought a minimally used one for like 200€ myself.
If you're on a budget these are rad. Though I'd be pissed if I had to wait around for months and months for updates, like some users did with Denim.

The only new phones announced are the 640 and 640XL. Looks like they'll be amazing at their pricepoint, but they are not the new flagship phone
>>
>>47286014
Is the battery replacable?
>>
>>47286026
Sure, but you're going to need a screwdriver.
>>
>>47286026

930: not officially

640 and 640XL: yes
>>
>>47286047
Hmm, I guess I'll wait for the 640.
>>
I have a 920 and love it, quite ild and still works perfect. Any app that doesn't have official app on WP has an amazing third-party app.

Got my dad a 1520 for his eyes, he loves it.

8.1/10 would buy again
>>
>>47286218
No gapless playback kills WP for me. Why they can't add that is beyond me as it's the most wanted feature on microsofts feature voting thing, and it is the main reason I bought an iPhone instead of a Lumia.
>>
not 41mpx but 38mpx
6s to launch camera app
5s between images
loud OIS in videos
hardware was old even at launch
standby time is worse 2 times than 520
>>
Can you use web Google hangouts with Windows phone?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.