[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With Google being the only company actually improving the quality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: google-logo-874x288.png (39 KB, 839x288) Image search: [Google]
google-logo-874x288.png
39 KB, 839x288
With Google being the only company actually improving the quality of living in the USA, how long until the /g/ memes stop?

>Google rolls out fiber
>Internet speeds across the company increase between 2-10x.

>Google rolls out their new cellphone service
>Who the fuck knows. Maybe overall people won't be paying shit tons for 1 line.
>>
They're probably just jealous they didn't get employed at based /g/oogle
>>
Just because they do good doesn't mean they don't do evil.
>>
>>47651945
>Internet speeds across the company increase between 2-10x.
Sauce?
>Google rolls out their new cellphone service
It looks kinda like worse in a few areas that current offerings
>>
>>47651945
data monopoly, doesn't get better than side stepping the middle man and just putting up the infrastructure yourself.
>>
>>47652089
Damn right. I hope google completely gets rid of Comcast and all those other scum bag ISP's too.
>>
>>47652072
GFiber offers 1Gbps connection
>>
>>47652174
Yeah, but that's for Google service, not the other companies
>>
>>47651945
They're a company. They're doing what is convenient for them.
>>
>>47651945
great examples there m8
>>
How much do you guys think Google just lost after being down for 5 minutes?
>>
>>47652187
.... if g fiber is offering 1Gbps in your area, then other companies have to increase speeds in that area or lose all their customers.
>>
>>47652308
Do you have any sauce on this? Have companies actually improved their speeds and pricing?
>>
>>47652325
Yes. My area is receiving Google Fiber and AT&T and Time Warner Cable both visited my house to let me know they are upgrading my speeds free of charge.
>>
>>47652325
Eventually they will if people start choosing or changing to google over them.
Simple economics.
>>
>>47652325
Anecdotal, but Cox (big provider in AZ) offered me Gigabit at more or less the same price as my original package when the city started considering Fiber. They specifically upgrade the slower areas that would be the first to jump ship for Fiber.
>>
T-Mobile is still better IMO than the pricing they have on the new Google data plan. I still want Google Fiber though, but TimeWarner is going to probably give in and compete with them as well anyways. Google is doing good for us.

/g/ will always hate Google though because they hate convenience and ease of use
>>
>>47652325
Of course they have, that's how capitalism is supposed to work.
>>
File: SpeedChart.png (23 KB, 490x418) Image search: [Google]
SpeedChart.png
23 KB, 490x418
>>47652245
>>47652072
TWC is increasing EVERYONE'S internet bandwidth in most areas
>>
>>47652353
>/g/ will always hate Google though because they hate convenience and ease of use

In the future there will be only two types of people. The ones who like convenience and the ones who like privacy.
>>
>>47652405
I think eventually nobody will have complete privacy. At least only partial privacy.
>>
>GOOGLES DOING IT FOR THEIR OWN GOOD
>But we're benefiting too
>BUT GOOGLE
>But we're getting better internet
>DONT USE IT BECAUSE GOOGLE
>Autists would rather people stick in the stone ages because of a company

Maybe people will finally stop having autism attacks because people uploaded a ,png.
>>
Good thing we got net neutrality passed just in time before the free market fixed an imaginary problem
>>
File: normal_paranoia.jpg (82 KB, 700x560) Image search: [Google]
normal_paranoia.jpg
82 KB, 700x560
>>47652353

I like what Google does for me but fear what it could do to me.

Google knows too much about you. Did you know even if you clear your cookies and log into another account they still track what you do online and often associate separate Gmail accounts with your primary account.

If this information was for sale it could destroy a person's life or land them in jail for something stupid like breaking minor fishing and wild life laws. As much as I hate Apple, even they seem more concerned with privacy.

Some people on /G/ do hate anything the normies obsess over, but some of us have very sound and logical reasons for our dislikes and decisions.
>>
File: ohayo.png (248 KB, 10000x6000) Image search: [Google]
ohayo.png
248 KB, 10000x6000
>>47652579
>/G/

The apple shilling is real.
>>
>>47652325
Basic microeconomics will always support that theory. No need for data.
>>
>>47652579
True, but I think if anything terrible was to really happen it would come to a point the public would not take it anymore seeing as how there are so many that do care for their privacy, just not as much as some here.
>>
>>47652575
>Good thing we got net neutrality passed just in time before the free market fixed an imaginary problem

lel, this has to be b8.

Net neutrality was not addressing the speed of access to the internet. It was addressing the large ISPs extorting its clients and businesses on the internet by increasing latency, packet loss, or lowering quality of service for anyone who didn't pay up.

Net neutrality was passed to make sure that an ISP could not increase access to its own music service or TV service by slowing down everyone else.

>The ISPs would NEVER collude to slow down other business's services so that they could increase revenue by getting clients to access their own!
>>
>>47652705
Do you believe in any other conspiracy theories?
>>
Man Google is a genius with rolling out there own ISP, now they can mine your data with fucking ease.
>>
>>47651945
b-but botnet maymay :(((
>>
>>47652705

The whole problem doesn't stem from collusion, but from the monopoly some providers have been afforded by government.

My country has no net neutrality law at all, but it has a lot of competition between providers even in small towns and selective throttling would be suicide for any of them.
>>
>>47653333
they have my information anyway, now in HIGH SPEED
>>
Fiber is great as a concept but it just means Google controls more aspects of our internet usage which I'm not a complete fan of. I mean they're mostly using it for advertisement purposes but that means they need to up their security.

It would be nice if other companies at least tried to compete with fiber instead of trying to block it out.
>>
>>47652579
/g/ acts like people seriously give a shit about what you're doing.
We don't.
>>
>quality of living = internet speed

Yeah, you should go kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>47651945
>how long until the /g/ memes stop?
Google confirmed for being unable to handle the bantz
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.