[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for FREE equivalent versions of these Windows programs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1422386823418.jpg (296 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1422386823418.jpg
296 KB, 2048x1536
Looking for FREE equivalent versions of these Windows programs for Os X.

Winrar
Total Commander
Irfanview
Foobar (equivalent program must have cue/flac support)

Why are Os X developers such Jews? Every decent program is shareware?
>>
>Such jews
Because they know retards with deep pockets will buy the computer in the first place.
>>
yar...har..?
>>
>>47546800
They need to repay their overpriced shitboxes they are forced to develop on but paid for using a credit card because they couldn't afford it.
That and the arts degree that couldn't get them a job.
>>
>>47546800
The Unarchiver (free)
I have no idea what Total Commander is
Preview or QuickLook (both built in)
I don't listen to FLAC but it seems like VOX is the favorite from a *truly* quick google.

I have no idea what you're talking about re: shareware. I don't think I've used anything in the last 3 years that has been shareware. Are you sure you mean shareware in the strict sense?
>>
>>47546800
>Why are Os X developers such Jews? Every decent program is shareware?

Why do OS X developers like to eat and pay the rent?
>>
what was the site where it would give you programs like what you are looking for? can't remember
>>
>>47546800
>Why are Os X developers such Jews? Every decent program is shareware?
Because apple users are complete mongoloids who will pay for any shit even if a free version is available.
>>
>>47546800
B-but WinRAR and Total Commander aren't free!
>>
>>47546800
>winrar
betterzip (probably not free??) or just use default tools
>Total Commander
muCommander. I use mc.
>Irfanview
mpv
>Foobar
itunes?
>>
File: quicklook.gif (2 MB, 768x634) Image search: [Google]
quicklook.gif
2 MB, 768x634
>>
>>47546800
Some people would like to make a living off their work. Shocking, I know
>>
>>47546800
Interested in a winrar alternative too, I use keka at the moment but I'd like something that actually lets you look inside archives without decompressing them first.
>>
>>47547081
The Unarchiver is free and handles any compressed file. Doesn't let you look inside first, but it hardly matters
>>
>>47547081
>Kek Alpha

>>47547094
Isn't there some setting for that?
Does quicklook handle archives?
>>
Kek. Should've bought a normal computer fgt
>>
>>47547110
http://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/
>>
>>47546800
>Winrar
shareware
>Total Commander
shareware
>>
>>47546800
>equivalent
What is that supposed to mean, clones? If you don't want your software to change you probably shouldn't have used a different OS. If you just want music players, unarchivers or picture viewers, you don't even need to install anything cause the preinstalled ones are great.

On top of that Winrar and Total Commander are neither free as in freedom nor free as in free beer.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.