[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any programs to make a phone untraceable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: downloadfile.jpg (7 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
7 KB, 300x225
Any programs to make a phone untraceable
>>
no.
Hire a Mexican to deliver your messages across town.
Only way.
>>
>>47341905
>buys most botnet of botnets to ever be produced
>"h-hey can I make it untraceable?"

No, no you cannot.
>>
Xprivacy any good
>>
Honestly, if you have to ask this question the way you are, you shouldn't even try to do whatever it is you think you are gonna do.
>>
>>47341905
Do you mean your location or your identity?
>>
throw it in the toilet
>>
>>47341948
Both
>>
Get Orweb and Orbot from the play store (TOR Mobile apps). They will connect you to the Vadalia network, redirecting all your traffic and changing your IP.
>>
>>47341996
Got it. Already. Transparent proxy for apps is super slow or doesn't work sometimes.
>>
>>47341972
Orbot and orweb will help you keep you "untraceable" on wifi but if you want to actually use the phone on data you're fucked. Its already been said but the phone industry is the queen bee of botnets.
>>
File: anondelivers.jpg (108 KB, 854x770) Image search: [Google]
anondelivers.jpg
108 KB, 854x770
Root it, remove all of the Google Apps and the Google Services Framework (or install Cyanogenmod and withold the GApps), and then install Xposed Framework and XPrivacy.

XPrivacy lets you control what information is given to what apps, and it lets you disable certain kinds of information transfer within the app itself.

Finally, whenever you don't need cell service, keep your phone in airplane mode. Only disable airplane mode when you're expecting a call or every hour or so to receive any texts or messages you might've missed. This will drastically reduce the amount of times your cellphone pings cell towers and make it harder to mine your past locations based on cell tower usage.

Enjoy your device, mate. Sorry El Goog and service providers make it so hard to enjoy these things responsibly.
>>
>>47342077
Great answer
>>
>>47342065
I didn't know it didn't work on data. Any way around that?
>>
>>47342253
Its not that it wouldn't work its that your mobile carrier could could see both where you are and that you were sending requests via tor. It would work but it would hardly be untraceable.
>>
>>47341905

>untraceable

Elaborate please. Are you trying to hide you location, who owns the phone, or your contents?
>>
>>47342238
no it's not.
as long as phones have proprietary basebands (read: as long as mobile phones will continue to exist), there is nothing you can do to be "anonamoose".
>>
If you have CM12, you can send encrypted SMS to other CM12 devices.
>>
>>47342429
Just trying to be as anonymous as possible. I realize full anonymity is impossible but how close can we get with root and apps and cleverness.
>>
>>47341905
you can't simply due to how phones are made.
>>
>>47342774
The closest you can get:

>buy a pay as you go dumbphone
>sign up with fake identity
>pay with store bought cards (bought with cash)

Even then they can figure out who you are via location and call analysis, but it's the absolute closest you can get to being "private" on a mobile phone.

The best thing: don't use them. Ever. You honestly don't need them.
>>
>>47341905
remove all the parts that connect it to other devices
>>
Put a case on it. Then you'd technically be tracing the case, not the phone.
:^)
>>
>>47342884
So far I'm in airplane mode always. Only use WiFi with tor. Xprivacy to disable all apps from knowing my imei, serial number and to randomly give all apps fake lang long. Encrypted the device. Nothing can access anything unless I approve and all Google shit is off. I use red phone for call encryption. Never talk unless I have my hand covering my mouth. Never say anything by a plugged in phone. And I still feel big nsa looming over me. All my passwords have 3 special characters, 7 numbers and and a combination of 3 lower case and upper case letters, which I change every week.
>>
File: tin.gif (16 KB, 240x330) Image search: [Google]
tin.gif
16 KB, 240x330
>>47343138
>>
You will always leak a shitton of data. The only way you could *maybe* escape by... is to deliberately spread false data, to try to crowd out the real data.
>>
You can't actually make your location untraceable if you want to use any phone functionality. That is because you can calculate the location of a device using information from the phone's connectivity with data towers.
>>
Tracphone? Aren't those designed to not be traced?
>>
>>47343169
I just hate the idea of NSA seeing all the migit amputee tranny port I watch
>>
>>47343343
Airplane mode until u need to?
>>
>>47343222
What about xprivacy app, changes data to and location info to Random aspects
>>
>>47341905
You can turn it off
>>
>>47341905
brick it
>>
File: airplane-rage.png (345 KB, 700x852) Image search: [Google]
airplane-rage.png
345 KB, 700x852
>>
>>47343756
Well, airplane mode is something that is activated from the user OS. The phone modem has a separate OS, and it may still have data tower functionality.

If you're really this >>47343138 tinfoil, you shouldn't use a cellphone.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseband_processor
>>
Anon, if your mobile phone is using a mobile phone antenna in *any* way, it's fucking traceable - typically quite exactly when more than one antenna is in reach.

It has an unique identifier, too.

No App will help.
>>
File: 15800286-mmmain.jpg (20 KB, 620x313) Image search: [Google]
15800286-mmmain.jpg
20 KB, 620x313
>>47341905
You must cast it into the fires of mount doom.
>>
>>47341905

Phones are difficult to trace when the battery is removed and it is sealed in a foil-lined wallet. It should be heavy gauge foil.

Otherwise .... No such thing as "untraceable."
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
>>47346471
ISILDUR! CAST IT INTO THE FIRE!
>>
>Wear a hooded jacket
>Walk into a walmart across the state
>Buy a burner phone
>Throw away when done

Its just that easy
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.