[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deluge vs qBittorrent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: delugelogo.png (15 KB, 339x128) Image search: [Google]
delugelogo.png
15 KB, 339x128
I keep reading that Deluge uses a superior implementation of libtorrent than the one in qBittorrent. Any truth to this?
>>
I used Deluge for a while, but it was really slow when trying to download through my VPN.
So now I have to use qbittorrent.
>>
>>47003323
>Downloading shit
Get out, anti-freedom activist.
>>
>>47003323
Deluge is painfully slow and locks up constantly.
>>
Last time I used it it insisted on checking all my torrents every time I opened it which took forever to complete. I gave up with it and went to qbittorrent, never looked back.
>>
Deluge has a better logo.
>>
>>47003699
As much as I've used Deluge and liked it 90% of the time I used it, I've experienced lock ups when torrenting loads of shit at once somewhat frequently.

Also, if you try to add a torrent file that has any foreign characters in it straight from your browser, Deluge refuses to accept the file. It doesn't have that problem when adding manually from the client, but it's just another annoyance. Also you can't select more than one torrent at once on a list, that's just archaic.
>>
>>47003323
I tried both and liked qbit more, but they're both good. Just try them both.
>>
>>47003699
I've never had this issue.
>>47003829
It does have that character issue but other than that, I've never had any issues. You can select multiple lines by holding CTRL or using Shift. I've only tried this on the WebUI though.
>>
>>47003323
This is definitely true for me. uTorrent/Deluge instantly connect to seeds/peers and I get great connections on them. Meanwhile qBT uploads extremely slowly, if it can even connect to a single peer.
>>
>>47003934
You need to change your settings then.
>>
>>47003932
>You can select multiple lines by holding CTRL or using Shift.
Well shit, I never knew that. Why Deluge doesn't support a simple click and drag, I don't know. It's way more efficient than having to click every entry.
>>
>>47003829
>foreign characters
weeb pls leave
>>
>>47004098
>complaining about weebshit
>on 4chan

Do you know where the fuck you are?
>>
>>47004117
Yeah /g/ technology not /a/ weeb central
>>
>>47004117
A site populated mainly by Americans and Europeans.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.