[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is why you don't hire women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 20
Dear /g/,

Have you seen this latest from Google?

>Google Engineer reprimanded for calling out her "sexual harasser"

This cunt hates men and is attacking men at every chance she gets n Twitter and she started doing the same thing in her workplace at Google.

Finally, they reprimanded this crazy bitch.

https://plus.google.com/108159551615224338529/posts/L4wawXpNt25

Pic related... her actual profile on twitter.

This is what you get when you try to "diversify" your workplace and you start hiring women. I've seen the same shit happen to one other company I used to work for.. company was great until CEO read some book on workplace diversity and hired about a dozen women to make the place "better" and then the company culture went to shit and best engineers started leaving. The company is now a zombie.
>>
>>46901194

guarantee you any neckbeard on /g/ would be twice as proficient at whatever job she was employed to do
>>
>>46901194
>software engineer
>>
she's entitled to be able to complain about people making unwanted sexual remarks about her. It's retarded that she's the one being reprimanded.
>>
>>46901194
And of course HN is circlejerking about MUHSOGGYNEE.

I hate this industry so goddamn much.
>>
>>46901194
This is why I like working at smallish corps (200-1000 employees).

Just the other day we were having a discussion about drinking the breast milk of one of the managers (she just came back from maternity leave) in front of the head of HR and all she had to say was "maybe you guys should talk about something else in front of a mixed group" (we were in one of the break rooms).
>>
>>46901256
Maybe if you weren't such a misogynist you wouldn't.
>>
>>46901251
What's your issue with software engineer? That she calls herself one or that she uses that term? I can assure you that term is synonymous for programmers in silicon valley.
>>
>>46901226
>guarantee you any neck beard on /g/ would be twice as proficient at whatever job she was employed to do
I'm yet to meet a woman engineer who's more proficient than any of the average male engineers I've worked with.

I'm on a hiring committee and I see about a dozen prospective employes that HR sends our way. I have never met a woman applicant that was better than men who applied to the same position.

And stuff like this, potential sexual harassment accusations for joking around, is simply not worth it. So don't fucking hire women.
>>
>>46901252
Tumblr go pls
>>
>>46901194
>https://plus.google.com/108159551615224338529/posts/L4wawXpNt25
Why are software devs such fragile people? I'm surprised programmers aren't the ones overcoming their emotions.

Anyways, this is hilarious. If you aren't treating this as a joke, I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>46901277
You are full of shit, chinese and eastern european female software engineers are god tier compared to lazy americans.

>Source: I used to work at vmware.

indians a shit though
>>
>This is what you get when you try to "diversify" your workplace and you start hiring women.

I've got an idea. What if hire based strictly on the individuals ability to do the job and disregard everything else?
>>
>>46901278
no
>>
>>46901309
>What if hire based strictly on the individuals ability to do the job and disregard everything else?

but that's what we used to do and ended up with 99% men
>>
>>46901309
Feminists consider meritocracy extremely offensive.
>>
>>46901301
>You are full of shit, chinese and eastern european female software engineers are god tier compared to lazy americans.
Eastern Euro, yes, I agree. But they're rare in my field. Never come across any of them.
>>
>>46901301
He's pretty obviously talking about American applicants. Foreigners aren't that common in the industry unless the code is being outsourced to abroad.
>>
>>46901309
You mean a meritocracy?
That is literally rape.
Why should women be held to the same stringent standards as men?
>>
>literally crying about the downfall of the botnet
>>
>>46901323
>but that's what we used to do

As someone in HR believe me, it's not.
>>
>>46901194
That's not why you shouldn't hire women though. You shouldn't hire women because they don't make good programmers.

t. +10 years developer
>>
>>46901325
>see github
>>
>>46901336
>He's pretty obviously talking about American applicants. Foreigners aren't that common in the industry unless the code is being outsourced to abroad.
Correct on both account.
>>
>>46901194
>bitchy software engineer. doing what i can to smash the patriarchy.

This is the kind of shit you should find during a background check. Not even a professional one, just [spoiler]googling[/spoiler] her info.
>>
>>46901341
Honestly curious, what do you do then? Nepotism?
>>
>>46901336
>>46901333
Neither of you must work at companies that have offices in Silicon Valley, a huge portion of software engineers are foreigners in SV.
>>
>>46901194
In every other part of the world, that quote would be considered a compliment.

good job, America.
>>
>>46901309
>I've got an idea. What if hire based strictly on the individuals ability to do the job and disregard everything else?
Then all these fucking minority groups would protest that your company is hiring only white males. You're not allowed, of course, to bring up the fact that white males are smarter and better motivated than the rest of them. They'd call you a nazi for bringing up that fact.
>>
>>46901366
We ignore any female applicants.
>>
>>46901365
If it was a man saying this shit and having it emblonized on his twitter, he would invariably fail the background check.
>>
>>46901194

UGH that comment is so rapey.
>>
File: Brad-Pitt_151.jpg (430 KB, 900x933) Image search: [Google]
Brad-Pitt_151.jpg
430 KB, 900x933
She's obviously creeped out. The engineer probably looked like RMS. Some fat bum got ahead of himself thinking he's hot shit making 300k a year.

Bet she wouldn't mind if somebody like pic related said that to her.
>>
>>46901277
what is the CEO of AMD

>>46901277
>>
>>46901194
holy shit I don't care, go program something bigger than fizzbuzz instead of spending every waking minute obsessing over these stupid fucking controversies that impact you in no way.
>>
>>46901366
Well here in SV, it took me 3 years to break in to the industry (Sysadmin, not programmer).

Once I got in, I started making connections, now I don't even job hunt, I just call around to see if anyone I know is hiring.

I am actually considering leaving my current job at an established company to work with a former boss at a startup that just got 100M in funding. (It'd be a promotion)
>>
>>46901378
Asians are actually better in every way in the technical positions unfortunately.
>>
>>46901276
I don't dislike the term but she's not a software engineer. Being a software engineer means more than programming alone.
>>
>>46901252
Sure but bitching about it on the internet isn't the way to go, contact the proper people in the company, police, a lawyer but not the internet.
>>
>>46901442
yeah, all the engineers I work with spend about 10-20% of their time actually writing code, most of what they do is sit in meetings and do flow charts, etc.
>>
Remember me?
>>
>>46901431
White males are the best for customer service since they're all cucks trained from the beginning to have white guilt.
>>
>>46901431
No they're not. They lack creativity.

>>46901472
those are just libtard betas.
>>
>>46901472
attractive sounding females are the best for customer service.
>>
>>46901194
What if your female boss told you that?
>>
>>46901194
>This is why you don't hire women

More like "This is why you don't make unwanted sexual advances upon people in the workplace."

Unless her ass looked absolutely spectacular, the guy was out of line.
>>
>>46901489
crazy cunt detected
>>
>>46901487
I'd just ignore it whether she was hot or not
I'd rather not take a risk making any kind of response
>>
>>46901194
>posts about an attention seeking cunt
>"all women are terrible!"

Holy shit, 10/10 troll, /v/ would fucking love you.
>>
>>46901489
Except I can say with confidence that that's probably not what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually already flirting or fucking and she saw an opportunity.
>>
>>46901262
Do you live in the states? I think that only in the states women take that shit so seriously
>>
>>46901483
>valuing creativity

Fuck off, my chinks are my favorite subordinates, they get shit done faster than everyone else.
>>
>>46901431
Asians have great memory, Caucasoids (*especially white ones) have huge frontal lobes and are smarter
>>
>>46901530
This. Believing le twitter feminists is never a good idea.
>>
>>46901532
Silicon Valley
>>
>>46901405
he looked better in Troya
>>
>>46901533
Ugh, racist supervisors are worse than the feminists.
>>
>>46901547
t. expert biologist
>>
>>46901278
heheh nice maymay
>>
>>46901547
Wanna know how I can tell that you're socially isolated?
>>
If someone threatens to grab your ass, just drop down on the spot and suck their dick.
That'll teach 'em.
>>
/pol/ is leaking again
>>
Daily reminder that politics isn't technology.
>>
>>46901226
even if her job was to suck dicks
>>
>the company I work for doesn't like me
>so I'm going to go complain about it on twitter using my name

what is it about twitter and bringing out the absolute worst in people?
>>
Even women don't like hiring other women!

>I don’t want to hire any more women.

>Yes, I said it. You cringed when you read it and I cringed when I wrote it, and even more so when the thought first occurred to me. I am a woman, a feminist, a mother, and a passionate entrepreneur. I don’t just stand for equality – I have crashed the glass ceiling in every aspect of my life. I get extremely angry when I come across articles that insist there are gender differences that extend beyond physiology. I am fortunate to have had female role models who taught me through their own examples that I can accomplish absolutely anything I desire.

http://clarissasblog.com/2014/05/14/i-dont-want-to-hire-women/
>>
>>46901585
You can't stop common sense from leaking.
>>
>>46901301
>microsoft
>google
>youtube
>facebook

All proudly made in America. Do you europoors even have computers over there?
>>
>>46901614
She's awfully full of herself.
>>
>>46901590
>Daily reminder that politics isn't technology.
this isn't politics you dumb fuck.
>>
File: 1423907080555.png (206 KB, 430x318) Image search: [Google]
1423907080555.png
206 KB, 430x318
>>46901194
>San Francisco

As expected.
>>
Wait.. why are we mad at her? If what she said is true, it sure sounds like sexual harassment to me. Was she caught lying or something?
>>
>>46901406
I swear i thought she was trans the first time i heard her speak on a stage. She looks so much like she is now, i cant even believe the older pictures of her are real.
>>
>>46901636
This thread is literally just for complaining about women. It's tangentially about technology at best.
>>
>>46901252
I agree, but there are channels for this. Google is a business, and this damages their reputation (as if that means much) without accomplishing anything that brings justice to the offender. All it does is circumvent the established method for dealing with sexual harassment, degrade group morale, and incite drama. I guarantee you, regardless of where you work, if you ignore the established protocol for incident reporting, you'll be reprimanded too, regardless of what the incident was.
>>
>>46901638
>Wait.. why are we mad at her? If what she said is true, it sure sounds like sexual harassment to me. Was she caught lying or something?
Look at her Tweets. She absolutely HATES MEN. She is probably provoking people at work and twisting things and making mountains out of molehills. She comes off as an insane, miserable cunt. Don't believe anything she's saying. She's just trying to make a name for herself and become another Anita... the eternal victim of men.
>>
>>46901277
>I'm yet to meet a woman engineer who's more proficient than any of the average male engineers I've worked with.
You haven't met many women, we get that.
>>
>>46901638
I think there's some doubt because of her Twitter profile description:

>bitchy software engineer. doing what i can to smash the patriarchy.
>San Francisco

IF she's telling the truth, then I think she absolutely has a right to complain about it on twitter. Anyone here who thinks it's ok for a boss to essentially tell a subordinate "I wish I could fuck you right now" is crazy.

It's possible there's more to the story.though.
>>
>>46901670
>She absolutely HATES MEN.
Pot, meet kettle
>>
>>46901566
I'm not racist, nigger.
>>
Only one of these things actually happened

>get harassed at work
>don't go to HR about it when HR is the most over sensitive hugbox in the known universe and will treat any blatant lie as if it were truth from the mouth of god given in person
>instead complain on twitter

OR

>be a terrible employee
>boss tells you to stop fucking around and facebook/twitter and actually do your work
>claim he sexually harassed you on twitter for free sympathy points because you're a woman
>>
>>46901627
I worked at VMware in palo alto you dumb fuck.

have you ever been to silicon valley? 70% of the engineers are white males and the other 30% are foreigners on visas
>>
>>46901728
It's probably somewhere in the middle. Someone said something stupid once, she overreacted and sounded insane, then quit because muh patriarchy.
>>
>A first-time reaction
>You get a little less shocked every time & that's when the predator knows to advance

>A small risky move, usually taken as an awkward bad joke
>The fury doesn't set in until later

>Then it feels like you should have responded sooner
>Like it's too late now
>In terror you wait for the next time

>But he's already received his response
>Kelly's not vulnerable enough
>He's moved on

>And you're left waiting in terror
>Dealing with the aftermath...
>While everyone else has moved on
>Until you leave
>The only way 4 u to move on

lel fucking gen-X feminists single handedly ruined feminism
>>
>following women with tech related jobs
>purposely filling your feed with shit that makes you upset
>using twitter/g+ at all
g8 b8.
No one is forcing you to put up with her shit.
>>
>>46901670
She certainly seems to be looking for any opportunity to complain, but firing people for claiming sexual harassment sets and extremely bad precedent imo

>>46901699
Agreed. Though her claim at least deserves some looking into
>>
>>46901755
She didn't claim sexual harassment because she clearly didn't go to HR.
>>
>>46901252
Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
You don't fucking do that shit in public.
>>
>Goog
>>
honestly, why do women in IT or STEM feel so entitled?
>>
>>46901614
She then goes on to say

>WARNING: People in the past 2 hours I have had to Spam 63 comments from losers who tried to inform me that “men and women are psychologically / emotionally, etc. different.” Once again, anybody who embarrasses him or herself by chirping idiotically “yes, men and women are different” will be banned outright. This will be my small investment into sparing these losers further public embarrassment. Stop wasting your time, such comments are not going through on my blog.

Which is, I mean, what? It's easily provable that men and women are different. Estrogen and testosterone have different effects on mood and physiology. These are studied things, just... what?
>>
>>46901194
YYY
GGG
OOO
LLL
OOO
NNN
HHH
CCC
EEE
TTTECHNOLOGY G O L O N H C E T
EEE
CCC
HHH
NNN
OOO
LLL
OOO
GGG
YYY
>>
>>46901301

>indians a shit though

This so much.
>>
how is that comment not harrasment? no b8
>>
>>46901793
>invading her hugbox blog
It's a defense mechanism.
She doesn't want to be proven wrong because her ego is so fragile.
In effect, she's literally proving that women are different from men.
>>
>>46901816
read the thread m80, no one is saying it's not sexual harassment. There are problems about breach of protocol and unprofessional behavior going on here.
>>
>>46901793
Because even though the entire blog post is about how her women hires are different from her male hires, she refuses to believe that men and women are different.
>>
Lol she keeps dropping names of people she works with to implicate them in it.

What a cunt.
>>
>>46901341

>As someone in HR

Do you people in HR actually do much? And, I'm willing to bet you're female, since statistically, most HR people are women.
>>
>>46901830
But it's agreement to her whole fucking post.
>>
>>46901627
the russians made jewgle
>>
>>46901793
Because if she really was sexually harassed (not saying she was or wasn't), they're just irrelevant comments. Being an asshole to someone else is independent of gender.
>>
>>46901832
I get that, it's just the amount of doublethink necessary to believe that shocks me beyond words. Some people just have no self-awareness.
>>
As a male, when I worked in ECE, I got much worse than she's claiming.

Suck it up bitchtits.
>>
>>46901793
You are a fucking retard. Go read up some actual biology beyond what you learned in high school.
>“Research showing difference is generally published because academic books and journals have a bias towards reporting differences and against reporting negative results. . . Investigators are much more willing to report differences between groups (and journal editors are much more eager to accept such studies) than they are to publish negative or “no-difference” results. Critics have suggested that journals contain only the tip of the sex-differences-in-laterality-research iceberg and that the majority of studies with negative results are never published. ”
>“Biological sex itself has turned out to be much more variable and dynamic than we ever imagined. And brain-organization patterns are even more variable from person to person, and probably even within the same person at different times. Further, on most tests of cognitive ability there is enormous overlap of men and women.”
>>
>>46901846
Maybe she's too dense to realize it?
>>
kek

the hero we need
>>
File: The_Friend_Zone_558.jpg (29 KB, 350x275) Image search: [Google]
The_Friend_Zone_558.jpg
29 KB, 350x275
Are we STILL doing this? I thought you lonely permavirgins all offed yourself at the end of last year.

/g/ is normies now, bitter virgins can move on over to /r9k/
>>
>>46901868
>>46901830
it's a guest post you idiots
>>
>>46901867
>critics

name them

I bet they aren't biologists.

>Friendly reminder that sociology and all its babby fields (gender studies, etc) do not qualify as a science.
>>
lol you creeps stop reading her twitter aka. stalking her!
>>
>>46901852
No, this is from the link provided in the guy I quoted, not the drama in OP's link.

>>46901867
Because steroids, artificial testosterone, don't increase aggressiveness, right?
>>
File: 1368398046293.gif (2 MB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
1368398046293.gif
2 MB, 600x339
>>46901336
>>46901357

Are you guys serious? Foreigners pretty much run the industry right now. At Qualcomm San Diego, we've got more Indians than Caucasian in the dev field. Silicon Valley's no different. Unless you're living in some bumfuck state, foreigners are more common than us in nearly every part of the industry
>>
>>46901816
Because she made it up. If she was serious she could have complained to HR and had the guy in question fired and solved the problem right there, instead she went to twitter and ranted about it and made it seem like her employer isn't doing anything about the problem.
>>
she's just going to sue the company and win now
>>
Thats so awesome she got fired. Stupid bitch had it coming.
>>
>>46901867
You obviously don't know any trans people. If gender is a social construct there is no reason to respect trans rights.

Fuck off terf.
>>
>>46901904
what does artificial intake of hormones beyond natural blood concentration have to do with gender differences you fucking moron
>>
>>46901911
>sue google
uh ok
>>
File: 1351145984827.jpg (19 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1351145984827.jpg
19 KB, 500x375
>>46901911
>suing Google and winning
>>
>>46901872
You're brave, Theo.
>>
>>46901814
lazy.
T E C H N O L O G Y G O L O N H C E T
E C H N O L O G Y G O L O N H C E T T
C H N O L O G Y G O L O N H C E T T E
H N O L O G Y G O L O N H C E T T E C
N O L O G Y G O L O N H C E T T E C H
O L O G Y G O L O N H C E T T E C H N
L O G Y G O L O N H C E T T E C H N O
O G Y G O L O N H C E T T E C H N O L
G Y G O L O N H C E T T E C H N O L O
Y G O L O N H C E T T E C H N O L O G
G O L O N H C E T T E C H N O L O G Y
>>
>>46901906
Yep, because americans don't get related majors anymore. When I went to college, in my information systems cohort, I had probably about 30% white american classmates, the rest were asian or eastern europeans.
>>
>>46901405
>Bet she wouldn't mind if somebody like pic related said that to her.

Eh, you're right, but that's obviously to be expected, and so there is no point being surprised about it. More attractive people are treated better by people who think they are attractive. It's nature.
>>
File: NEJnY.jpg (22 KB, 425x289) Image search: [Google]
NEJnY.jpg
22 KB, 425x289
>>46901792
because here are like five of them combined
>>
File: madHank.jpg (9 KB, 205x286) Image search: [Google]
madHank.jpg
9 KB, 205x286
HOW THE FUCK DID THIS PIECE OF TRASH SJW PASS THE GOOGLE INTERVIEW WHAT THE FUCK SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT YES IM MAD I DIDNT EVEN MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND
>>
>>46901907
Why do so many people on 4chan instantly assume someone must be lying because they disagree with their ideology?

She does seem like she's probably a cunt, but that doesn't mean she's lying.

I think it is extremely stupid that she didn't say anything to HR though (is it clear she never tried to contact HR?).
>>
>>46901898
Please don't pretend you come from a "hard science" field when you clearly don't. I do. I work with biologists everyday and I can tell you literally none of them buys into that "gender differences are hardwired" bullshit beyond the most basic stuff (i.e. sex). Again, read up some articles, I'm not your fucking teacher.
>>
>>46901951
She's smarter than you. Enjoy your life knowing you're literally, LITERALLY dumber than the SJW.
>>
>>46901952
She's lying because she didn't actually complain to HR like any normal human being would have.

Instead she took to twitter to libel her former employer and former coworkers.
>>
>>46901872
You know, sometimes I wonder if the reason these chuclefucks don't seek out the professional mediation within their company is because they'd rather put on a grandstand to feed their egos.

To put that into perspective, their egos are hungry enough that they would place their job on the line if they even have a sliver of a chance that they can play victim on twitter AND get the other person fired. (having your cake and eating it too)

Was this dumb cunt even really even a software engineer, or just a regular programmer using big words to prop herself up on a pedestal?
>>
File: laugh 1408908725315.jpg (15 KB, 325x225) Image search: [Google]
laugh 1408908725315.jpg
15 KB, 325x225
>>46901911
>sue the company and win now
you're a fucking idiot if you think she can win.

also, she's already lost because she's now UNHIREABLE. who the fuck would wanna hire this crazy cunt? Just look at how that other crazy cunt Adria Richards ended up... she's unhireable as well.

troublemakers who do things publicly are blacklisting themselves. that's actually a good thing. it's good that she is doing this publicly.. so other companies won't be affected by her insanity.
>>
>>46901957
my degree is psychology, my wife has a PhD in child development.
>I work with autistic children
>>
>>46901952
Because people on 4chan often don't leave the basement

Also it is EXTREMELY common for even 5/10 women to get mildly sexually harassed and not complain about it. HR is there to serve the company, not the employee. Unless she was brutally raped on camera, complaining isn't going to do her career any good, and even if she was, it's a tossup.
>>
>>46901922
My point was that our hormones affect our mood and physiology. Reread my post again you retard.

If you honestly believe that hormones don't affect mood, you can fuck right off.
>>
>>46901951
she's a woman. they have quotas for women. doesn't matter she's an idiot and unskilled if she's a woman and they have quotas to fill.
>>
>>46901964
>actually complain to HR like any normal human being would have.

I work in HR. I would advise anyone to think very carefully before crying to us for help. We don't work for you.
>>
>>46901980
you can sue for anything in america and win
>>
>>46902003
But they can just fill that in HR and administrative assistant positions can't they? That's how most companies do it.
>>
File: REEEEE.jpg (101 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
REEEEE.jpg
101 KB, 900x900
>>46901960
no
NO
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1392347649819.png (114 KB, 569x547) Image search: [Google]
1392347649819.png
114 KB, 569x547
>>46901980
>mfw
>>
What happened to selecting applicants with the most ability and experience to do a job?
>>
>>46902001
>If you honestly believe that hormones don't affect mood, you can fuck right off.
Did you just find out about hormones or something? Yes I passed high school too, I know about hormone peaks and suchlike. Why are you waving it around like it's some kind of big discovery? What are you going to discover next, that digit ratio correlates with dick size?
The point is that hormones aren't the only factor. Other things affect mood as well. Many, many things. In very, very deeper ways. And they have nothing to do with gender. That's literally the point of the stuff I quoted.
>>
>>46901964
There are many reasons why reporting something to HR is unwise. Fear of retribution, embarrassment, etc.

She's claiming she got reprimanded for reporting the incident to *someone* though. I think we need to wait for the full story.
>>
File: 1423322200524.png (32 KB, 197x188) Image search: [Google]
1423322200524.png
32 KB, 197x188
>>46902038
serves her right
>>
>>46901252
Not when you lie about it
>>
>>46902047
>What happened to selecting applicants with the most ability and experience to do a job?
In US, that died with affirmative action.
>>
>>46902047
quotas
gotta hire 50% women so you don't appear sexist and lose your funding
>>
>>46902038
I actually feel bad for women in STEM jobs who genuinely put up with this shit and have people like Adria Richards making some of them seem all like crazy histrionic bitches.
>>
File: 1372978803301.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1372978803301.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>46901951
if you're really eager to work for Google, get a job with a company that contracts for Google, then use your social skills to get your foot in the door.
Getting a Google job through the interview process is a shitty way to get the job. If you don't live near them, you'll end up doing like 3 phone interviews, some group interviews, then some personal interviews. Your chances of getting the job are slim-to-none, even if you're qualified.
>>
>>46902066
>citation needed

inb4 you backpedal and change your definition of "quota" to something ridiculously vague
>>
>>46902034
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kellyatmedium

She is clearly better than u
>>
>>46901309
that's what people used to do, until SOGGY KNEE spouting went everywhere
>>
>>46901277

Rule #1: Do not talk to women at work unless it is 100% job-related and never do it alone. Always have someone with you.
>>
File: 2saian7.jpg (103 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
2saian7.jpg
103 KB, 500x666
>>46902077
> then use your social skills
>>
>>46902052
I'm talking about broad swaths and generalities. Yes, a thousand other things affect temperament and mood, from your upbringing to what you ate for breakfast, but on average biological factors have an effect on mood.

This argument is stupid because we're both in agreement with each other.
>>
>>46902023
Technically yes but only if you can prove both your case and that the defendant violated the terms of the agreement in the case. If you sue without an actual case you can be fined by the state for each offense.
>>
>>46902085
>https://www.linkedin.com/in/kellyatmedium
quotas at work. that doesn't prove anything. show me her code. show me her github.
>>
>>46901593
Considering /g/ has people using apple products, yeah better at sucking dicks even.
>>
>>46902103
let's see yours
>>
>>46901487
Is she cute?
>>
>>46901957
not the guy but, i study biology (microbiology), two of my pals study anthropology (from a purely biological perspective; where i live bio-anthro and cultural anthropology are completely seperated) and I can tell you there are absolutely definitely 100% gender differences that stem from your biological sex. the extent is debatable, but denying there are any is pretty ridiculous. hormone levels alone have a huge impact. woman having a menstrual cycle does crazy things to the psyche. the way your body is built - male body optimized for brute strength and endurance (less nerve receptors that indicate pain, in some areas half as many), female body built around being able to deliver and nurse children is bound to directly or indirectly create SOME difference - this is cultural to an extent, but it would be naive to assume having a in many ways fundamentally different body wouldn't impact your psyche, create certain tendencies.

srsly man
>>
>>46902095
>being this scared of women
>>
>>46901980
would wife/10
>>
>>46901957
>I do.
Your complete lack of citations and original content in your original post makes you look like you come from pseudo-science rather than anything else.

Good try though.
>>
>>46901514
tumblr pls go

can't tell if ironic shitposting or not
>>
>>46901406
>CEO
>knowing fuck all about what your company does

good one. I bet next you're gonna tell me that managers are just as good at their job as their subordinates are.
>>
>>46901791
That's their listing on the stock market
>>
>>46901585
>COMMON SENSE IS RACIST/SEXIST

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>46902098
>on average biological factors have an effect on mood
You're aware that humans have on average one testicle, one ovary, one boob and three-and-a-half fuckholes, right? Talking about the average influence of biological factors is meaningless because it's largely out by all the other factors to the point you can't actually measure it or even tell whether a given mood comes from a given biological cause.
>>
>>46901683
butthurt feminist detected. Shouldn't you be blogging about how women are sexualized in video games?
>>
>>46902144
are you seriously trying to make this argument?
>>
>>46901951
>gender: W

ACCEPTED!
>>
File: 1425558859321.png (129 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
1425558859321.png
129 KB, 569x571
God what I would give to smash a lunk hammer into her stupid face, embedding those fucking heart shaped glass shards into her eye sockets. Then I'd probably move into the study for port and cigars...
>>
>>46902113

>being this naive

I'm not scared of women. Notice how I only said "at work". I'm concerned that some random, off-the-wall sexual harassment charge can be thrown at me for no reason whatsoever and I could be fired for it. It's called covering your ass.

I'm an officer in the US Army. Shit like that happens all the time, even in the military. When I was in training they would actually tell us to never be with a female in the same room with no one else in it, specifically for that reason. We have Equal Opportunity and sexual harassment briefs at least once a month and it's estimated that like 70-80% of the rape/sexual assault allegations thrown at soldiers are false (coming from off-the-record claims from the investigators). It's real, it's here and it sucks.
>>
>>46902108
>let's see yours
I do have one but I will not post it because it's under my real name. I don't want SJW harassment from assholes like you.

but you brought HER up! so let's see hers if she's so fucking great!
>>
>>46902111
Yeah there are differences, spare me the high school shit about hormones. The point is how can you tell how they relate in any way in current behaviors in modern society when all the other factors come into play? Yes women are hornier when ovulating but there are so many factors in play that you'll never be able to tell whether the fact that a woman that banged you last night was mainly due to her ovulation. There is still enormous overlap in most situations.
>>
>>46901951
Here's the easy way to get hired anywhere.
Come in to the interview wearing a skirt and a rainbow bracelet.

You will be hired on the spot.
>>
>>46902170
You joke, but they actually do this. If you're a member of a favored ethnic group / gender they'll give you a "do-over" interview if you're on the borderline. Asian/white/Indian men don't get this luxury.
>>
>>46902103
>>46902108
Still nothing? What are you afraid off?
>>
>>46901593
especially if her job was to suck dicks
>>
>>46902157
What? Did you also just find out about averages?
>>
File: gross-face.jpg (58 KB, 402x500) Image search: [Google]
gross-face.jpg
58 KB, 402x500
>>46902122
>would wife/10
Adria Richards?

Eeeeeew
>>
>>46901874
tumblrina mad she can't into fizzbuzz. fuck off back to front-end web dev.
>>
>>46902196
>everyone who disagrees with me is the same person

Brotip: not being afraid of women is actually mainstream. You are in the minority. People like you aren't liked in the real world.

How does it feel to be a marginalized minority?
>>
>>46902023
>in america

Nope LOL

And with the frivolous lawsuit law just recently passed you better make sure you win

>Judge orders you to pay the defendant's legal fees
>Google decides to hire the best of he best, charges hundreds of thousands of dollars

>little miss feminist bitch in now in a lifetime of debt

Please, let this happen
>>
>>46902124
You wouldn't be able to understand even a quarter of the shit I'm working on but sure, keep telling yourself that.
>>
Well since I'm an employed female all I can do is laugh at other females who are more skilled but men get picked over them :) Go for a non shitty job next time idiot
>>
>>46902103
Google doesn't use quotas. Some other companies might.

It is very very unlikely you could be a senior software engineer at Google for 4 years and not be at least a pretty good programmer. Even if you managed to slip past the interview process, it's pretty easy to get fired if you're incompetent.

Is any female programmer "guilty [of quota hiring] until proven innocent"? Come on.
>>
>>46902218
I said LUNK HAMMER. Stop rubbing your crotch impatiently over code.
>>
>>46901957
>Biology
>Hard science
>>
muh 77 cents
>>
>>46902246
>im a grill btw
>>
>>46902205
>You joke
no, i don't
>>
>>46902248
Hah!

http://www.google.com/diversity/women/our-work/index.html

http://www.google.com/diversity/at-google.html

and finally:

http://googleblog.blog
spot.com/2014/05/getting-to-work-on-diversity-at-google.html
>>
>>46902248
>it's pretty easy to get fired if you're incompetent.
You know how I know you don't work at Google?
>>
>>46902246
Listen little baby, you're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that aint what I'm about.

You're perfect the way you are. You hear me, sugar? Perfect. You deserve everything and anything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>MFW thinking about you hurting
>>
>>46902297
It's the same business about how college admissions offices "don't have quotas". They tweak things until the numbers look the way they like, but it's not technically a quota.
>>
>>46901960
>>46902003
>>46902170
Is it really so hard to fathom that she might've been hired on merit?

Programming isn't difficult at all, and you don't have to be an intelligent proto-human to do it. You can hold backwards ass views or have a completely retarded outlook on life, and still be a decent programming because it's a specific set of skills that is not directly correlated to anything.

Honestly, I think most people can do programming, but people are scared off by neckbeards and jargon. Shit I remember some guy teaching a hobo how to program.
>>
>>46902323
> You can hold backwards ass views or have a completely retarded outlook on life
Yeah, just look at /g/
>>
>>46902238
>i can't defend her work, so i'll just attack you as a person

fucking retard
>>
File: RspJyHy.gif (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
RspJyHy.gif
3 MB, 800x450
>>46902304
;)
>>
>>46902095
That's not good enough. Imagine - you are talking to your male colleagues about "forking" the selenium-client on github because of a nasty bug - and if a female co-worker overhears you - you are out of a job - for sexual harassment.
>>
>>46902157
my thoughts exactly lol

>>46902200
>spare me the high school shit about hormones.
you pretty much indicated the differences were neglectible

>The point is how can you tell how they relate in any way in current behaviors in modern society when all the other factors come into play?
well how the fuck would a difference develop if not based on biology?

to answer your questio; historically, field research in areas untouched by the west. right now, studies done on children that haven't been immersed in our culture yet (hard to find). beyond that, you can draw certain conclusions in a reasonable way. if hormones (yes fuck you, hormones. hormones pretty much completely determine your behaviour) influence behavior regardless of sex, it's perfectly sensible to assume that if one sex has higher or lower levels of certain hormones, certain behaviour will emerge / tendencially occur more often. of course there are more factors at play (number of receptors, sometimes completely different roles of hormones w/r/t sex) but that's being taken into account.

no serious bioanthropologist will tell you difference in sex doesn't influence gender roles. the whole "but how can you tell" thing is literally the last straw you lot are clinging to.
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.