[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iPhone fanboys - give up now. Game is OVER. Why would you bu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
iPhone fanboys - give up now. Game is OVER. Why would you buy a ridiculous piece of hardware that's going to fill up in months, when Android just gets a bigger card.

http://www.popsci.com/sandisks-200gb-microsd-card-will-turn-android-phones-portable-hard-drives?dom=fb&src=SOC
>>
The underlying issue is that they're still using NAND with very low endurance and poor controllers. I wish they'd give us something on par with industrial eMMC at least. Though I suppose the bottleneck ultimately may be the pinout.
>>
>supports up to 32gb
>>
Because I don't need to carry my entire FLAC music collection on my phone.
>>
>>46867228
Aren't some of the high end android phones starting to seal up their units so you can't replace battery etc?
>>
>>46867305

> not carrying 500 years of lossless music on his phone to listen to on his stock earphones.

Do u even /g/?
>>
>>46867305
I take HD movies of my family. It's nice to have them wherever I go. Like to have the odd movie on my phone to pass the time. That all takes up a lot of space.
>>
>>46867323
Yup Welcome to 2012.
>>
>>46867354
>watching movies on a shitty 5 inch screen
Don't strain your eyes m8.
>>
>>46867354
>taking HD movies of my family
>odd movie
Nice, can I have some of these 'odd family movies' of yours?
>>
>>46867323
Tons of phones lack a removable battery. I think the Xperia Z phones all did, to my knowledge all the newer Blackberry phones do, all the recent Nexus phones do. Samsung was the steadfast exception, but they did away with that in the new S6.
>>
>>46867368
Is this a meme?
>>
>>46867374
No.
>>
>>46867368
>implying I don't screencast it to my HDTV
>>
>SD Card
>hoping writing any faster than 2MB/s on this shit
>>
>>46867323
The m8 and moto G do this. Good phones but I'll pass on the unibody bullshit
>>
>>46867374
Dumbass He obviously means the odd movie here and there
>>>/b&/
>>
>>46867354
>I take HD movies of my family.

I think you mean:
>I take HD movies of the children chained up in my basement.
>>
>>46867368
>>46867379
Think the Steve Jobs said something about that when he was shilling the iPad.
>>
>>46867400
Kek.
>>
>>46867400
Thats what he said, anon. His "family."
>>
A 64g card is fine for me, I usually have a few movies and tv shows on my card just incase, that plus music and books.

I don't need a 200g card at all but the good thing about this is it will drive down the cost of 64g/128g cards.
>>
>>46867400
That means I'm not a basement dwelling neckbeard virgin.
>>
>>46867447
This
>>
>these plebs honestly wouldn't want 1TB worth of storage in their pocket computers
Its like you fags don't even compute
>>
>>46867504
Would certainly make cloud providers worry about their futures. You never know - it might even make them take privacy and security more seriously.
>>
>>46867228
Because my PMP has four microSD slots and I have no need for such storage in a phone
>>
Top kek, tell that to the samsung fanbois that will buy the new model.
>>
>>46867323
You mean like every android phone without prying it apart?
>>
>>46867289
Yeah two to three generations ago
>>
>>46867549
Cloud storage isn't about capacity, it's about convenience.
>>
>>46867565
IPhone*
>>
>>46867572
Cloud storage isn't about convenience, its about the provider making money by data mining what you upload.
>>
>>46867589
Prove it tinfoil autist.
>>
>>46867572
Tell that to Condoleeza Rice
>>
>>46867636
http://www.neowin.net/news/dropbox-legally-owns-all-of-your-files
>>
>>46867636
Are you so much of a retarded child that you think companies offer the service for free? Data centers aren't cheap. They're making a profit off of every customer, and they do it by data mining.
>>
>>46867228
>200 GB micro SD card
I have a HDD of this size somewhere around. Hell, I'm using a laptop with less HDD space than this.
>>
>>46867572
Not about capacity?

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/dropboxs-plan-to-stay-relevant/
>>
>>46867701
Yeah, I'm sure it hasn't been long since the 128GB one came out.
>>
>>46867228
>5000/256 write cycles
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.