[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do if you had $80 billion dollars? Give it all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: bill motherfucking gates.jpg (40 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
bill motherfucking gates.jpg
40 KB, 640x800
What would you do if you had $80 billion dollars?

Give it all away to Africa?
>>
yes.
>>
Buy a few computers, a few thousand dollars of other things I want, go to the best specialized doctors I can find, and take a trip to Japan.
>>
Why do we keep wasting money on Africa?
They're a lost cause.
>>
Buy America.
>>
>>46811080
$79.999 Billion left
>>
I would do almost what Elon Musk did: Rockets and electric cars. I would probably try to improve nuclear power, though, rather than solar, or at least as well as solar.
>>
>>46811096

Hmm. Well then, buy a house, a nice car that I'd rarely use due to being a recluse, and spend the rest on doritos.
>>
>>46811096
How much money would it take to save anime?
>>
>>46811123
Solid decision
>>
>>46811130

Well you'd have to buy out some major studios. You could probably afford some, or at least a few smaller studios. It'd be cheaper than saving gaming.
>>
>>46811130
Who cares about anime as a whole? I just want a wish fulfilment power battle movie series for my waifu.
>>
>>46811051
Nah. They'd just piss it all away. Put it in an untouchable trust to be managed like the Alaska Permanent Fund. That way the principal is protected from waste and the benefits of it are available.
>>
>>46811051
>giving money to africa
So they can wipe their asses with it? It's fucking 2015 and niggers still believe fucking an underage virgin will cure their aids. Come on. We've been helping africa for about a million years now and nothing changed. At all.
>>
>>46811051
>$80 billion
Pay off my student debt. Pay off the debt of family and friends. Set up a scholarship fund. Donate a few million to various charities. Buy a shack on the beach somewhere they don't speak English. Set up a little bar and grill. Be known as the strange, hairy American who made good food for the rest of my life.
>>
File: 1417836360615.jpg (3 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
1417836360615.jpg
3 MB, 2272x1704
>>46811051
Give every penny to Terry so he can hire a team of Christian developers to better TempleOS.
>>
>>46811175
Thats because white nations undermine their development with useless shit like free food instead of education. If anyone actually cared they should just let them die of starvation, they are dumb but not so much.
>>
I'd buy Microsoft.
>>
>>46811051
I'd keep 1. Invest the rest in worthwhile causes. science, education, health etc... but also getting the presidents I want in a few key countries.
>>
>>46811216
>there was never an attempt at educating the africans

There were attempts at educating them, they just never fucking worked. Christian missionaries go there a couple times a year to educate the kids and it has never had any effect. Books were donated and schools were founded and it just never works.
They're just too dumb to progress. Every civilization has evolved in some way except for niggers, and don't blame that on slavery or some shit. The slaves that were brought to America were sold to Americans by AFRICAN slave traders who enslave their own people. It's thanks to slavery that black people can now roam around the US like it's their home. Meanwhile Africans still live in mud huts and bathe in cow piss.

If it were me I'd just let them starve, if they can't survive as a civilization, they should just die.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 314x161) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 314x161
I would use the money to become a Bond villain and solve the world's over population problems from the relative safety of my heavily armed space station.
>>
>>46811290
I didn't even have to read the entire post to figure out you're retarded lmao
>>
>>46811051
>Give it all away to Africa?
this guy is such a fucking stupid shithead. he's literally breeding more and more animals which will then overtake and destroy the world.

he's a total idiot.
>>
>>46811051
Well if you want to "give it away to Africa", you'll do a whole lot more good actually going there and investing it in the economy than just throwing it at a charity and patting yourself on the back. If you want to help them, use them. Build schools using locally-sourced labor. Do anything with locally-sourced labor and materials. Create reasons for them to function instead of just "giving" it to them. I cannot stress that enough.
>>
I'd invest in non-oil energy research.

It'd help everyone.
Except the saudis and the terrorists, they'd be fucked if we had no reason to be in the middle east any more.
>>
>>46811051

Set up ~30-35 research foundations with $1 to $2 bln each as seed where very little of the principle is consumed but the interest is spent and leveraged to pull in donations & grants. Figure that will eat ~$45-$50 bln. Primarily dedicated to fundamental science (alt energy, sustainable resource management, etc.) with emphasis on generating several dozen PhDs every year through each foundation once they really get up to speed.

It would take ~$10 bln seed to capture a couple of resource-rich asteroids/comets that are in near-Earth orbit. Bring those into safe Earth orbits and lease off mining, especially crush some of the rare metal markets (gold, palladium, etc.) to generate cheaper products reliant on those limiting factors.

All the patents and lease revenue from above gets folded back into these projects to keep them sustainable for at least 3-5 decades.

Still have ~$15-20 bln left for setting up my entire family on various trust funds and such for at least 3 or 4 generations.

Personally, less than ~$10 million would set me up for the remainder of my life with quite some surplus left over. I live lean and simple, so a small sustainable homestead with cutting edge tech. I'd find a good, stable location. Since Japan is experiencing a population crash, it would be a top candidate country where I could buy a small village that's about abandoned and do some interesting things. Certainly other options in that regard; just an example. Recently watched an interesting special where a small town in Japan that had about 2000 people 20 years ago has only three people now in their 80s; it's a deserted ghost town now in the countryside with numerous properties that have no owners anymore.

I've had a strong interest in connecting disadvantaged kids in Hawaii with advanced education and opportunities. Probably fold that into a Japan connection if I went in that direction, especially pushing environmental and oceanic science along with space and engineering.
>>
File: zimbabwe farm slaughters_jpg.jpg (95 KB, 593x530) Image search: [Google]
zimbabwe farm slaughters_jpg.jpg
95 KB, 593x530
>>46811457
>helping niggers
That's about as pointless as teaching monkeys to sign language. At the end of the day, they're still going to throw their own shit around at each other as soon as you turn your back.
>>
>>46811396
>which will then overtake and destroy the world.
Kek
They're more interested in nigging than anything else.
If they destroy civilised peoples, they'll do it because they were allowed to. Like just absorbed and then destroy society from within.
When America finally realises it's out of money, the nigs will be the first to go.
Hard to justify keeping nigs alive when they cost the economy so much.
>>
>>46811489
>Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe is a special case. Fucking Mugabe. If I'm going to help Zimbabwe, I'm having him killed. I don't care how much money it takes. He is a plague on a once great nation.
>>
>>46811051
Create a fund for white people only.
>>
>>46811489

Go back to /pol/ you asshole.
>>
>>46811051
$15bil prize for the first team to land a person on mars.
Get some actual fucking innovation up in this bitch, maybe get humanity off a single goddamn planet that can be wiped out at literally any second.

Use the rest to pay for biological weapons targeting muslims, niggers and chinese/indians.

Lets get this species fixed and head to the stars
>>
>>46811514
>a once great nation.
kek
>>
buy an 80 billion dollar car
>>
>>46811544
>80 billion dollar car
So a mustang with apple badges?
>>
>>46811544
I you ever get the 80bill call me I'll build it for you
>>
>>46811556
the 80billion dollar car builds itself
>>
>>46811570
not the first time
>>
>>46811051
Have an 80 billion dollar crack party.
>>
buy $80 billion dollars
>>
>>46811570
fucking evolutionists
>>
Give it to the free software foundation with the stipulation that it's only to go towards developing and maintaining free software.
>>
>>46811582
Actually this
Literally go cash every single cent in and burn it all

Destroy the worlds economy overnight.
>>
>>46811080
>Japan
>incredibly overpriced to live in
>population and racism out the ass
I hope you plan on not going outside and have an air purification system
>>
>>46811582
I can sell you 80billion dollars, but there's a .1% commission.
>>
>>46811479
name of special of declining population in japan?
>>
>>46811618
Pollution**
>>
>>46811618
if you're the worlds wealthiest person cost of living anywhere is irrelevant and racism is worthless if you can afford to fuck every idol there is anyway.
>>
>>46811619
Is this how judaism actually works?
>>
>>46811051
Set up a think tank that would develop an omnipresent self replicating self improving AI
>>
>>46811604
Sorry to break it to you but 80 billion isn't even 2% of the projected US budget for 2015. You're not going to crash anything when the global wealth is approximately 223 trillion dollars.
>>
>>46811647
My name's literally Israel, so you tell me.
>>
>>46811578
>Have an 80 billion dollar crack party
Anon, MS have been on this crack party for the last 15 years and it's starting to show.
>>
>>46811657
And how much of that is in actual cash?

Protip: If the banks don't have anything in them, people will realize all their money doesn't exist and never has. We'll see some serious shit go down.
>>
>>46811666
Do you weigh 600lbs and play the ukulele
>>
File: 1418074919020.gif (87 KB, 1607x2047) Image search: [Google]
1418074919020.gif
87 KB, 1607x2047
>>46811666
>My name's literally Israel, so you tell me.
So you're like the super-jew :D
Srsly, why did your parents name you that? So that even a blind person would know you're a jew?
>>
>>46811692
oh I could tell you so many thing about my other names but that would give my identity away.
>>
>>46811618
Tokyo is extremely expensive, everywhere else is dirt cheap, same with pollution. And tokyo is much better than any buttfuck city in china
>>
>>46811703
well, describe them! are they also super-jewy? end in berg/stein? is the middle some hebrew name? you in US or in Israel?
>>
>>46811666
>666
>>
>>46811727
It was going to be either Israel or Isaiah, as for last names:
>are they also super-jewy? end in berg/stein?
it's nothing obvious like that, but even though not many people know, my last name does make reference to something about how Jesus got killed. I'm not Israeli.
>>
>>46811677
Something in the ball park of 1 trillion US bills currently in circulation and 2.9 trillion that can be produced with immediate physical backing according to federal reserve estimates, not sure about foreign notes.
>>
>>46811759
I didn't even notice that, I guess I'm Satan now too. It's all coming together.
>>
>>46811051
Buy all of my family houses, retire them, retire my friends, retire myself.

That's 1 billion gone. I sit on the rest. Travel, etc. Probably secure the next X generations of my blood.
>>
>>46811084
It's only the commercials and a few countries that are poor, the rest if fine.

I don't think people understand how massive that continent is.
>>
I'd buy the live2d tech, one of those companies which do voice recognition and hire a really good team to program free as in freedom waifu software.
I'd also pay tons of Seiyūs to digitalize their voices, so neckbeards could take the waifu software and the voice of their waifu to control their computers, mobile phones, whatever.
The voice recognition server software and data would also be free, you could torrent it and set up your own server.
>>
>>46811760
Thank you, the name of the uber villain in my novel is now Israel Iscariot.
>>
>>46811051
i'd be very afraid
>>
>>46811833
You're welcome, I guess. Don't forget to send me back some royalties.
>>
that kind of buying power could do a lot...

Id make more with that money so that no one could take my #1 spot as the richest person alive.
>>
>>46811051

build an offshore empire, a technocracy of geniuses, and use it to economically take over as many countries as possible.
>>
File: Helicarrier-AvengersBTS.png (3 MB, 2015x1045) Image search: [Google]
Helicarrier-AvengersBTS.png
3 MB, 2015x1045
Build a flying battle fortress
>>
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6753fb4e41/super-troopers-liter-of-cola
>>
File: tumblr_lfx7b11y2B1qztjn5o1_500.jpg (194 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lfx7b11y2B1qztjn5o1_500.jpg
194 KB, 500x375
>>
I'd try building self sustained town/city and eventually increase it if it works
>>
>>46811666
>>46811666
>>46811666
>>46811666
>My name is israel

Holy shit it's fucking satan.
>>
For vaccine testing in 3rd world countries
>>
It's a cliche, but as a child I always wanted a Ferrari. I still do as an adult. I think I'd get an Enzo.
>>
>>46811901
He got taken over a few times, but now he's been back on top for a while.
>>
Biosphere 3
>>
buy a 4chan pass and donate the rest to my favourite girl gamer on twitch who said she likes me
>>
>>46811051
buy microsoft
release everything they have ever made under the GPL
never release any more products and shut down the business.
>>
>>46813090
>Not WTFPL
>>
Buy a Windows license.
>>
>>46811051
That's the last thing I'd ever do.

I'd undermine the economies of smaller countries to make me more money.
>>
/g/ - Random and Tech Support
>>
>>46811521
Did he hit a soft spot nig?
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>46811522
The world wouldn't survive without Chinese and Indian expertise. Good luck with your space grant
>>
>>46811051
pay for all the software I have pirated till now.
>>
>>46811051
Use the money to troll people endlessly on a daily basis.
>>
Give 1 billion dollars to star citizen, make it free to play, have Chris Roberts give everyone a refund.
>>
>>46811521
lol butthurt much
>>
LAND
Lobby for Cannabis normalization. Grow vast amount of hemp and make products with it. Have the scale to compete with cotton and wood pulp paper.
>>
>>46811051
>Africa
Fuck them niggers, id spend that money on NASA
>>
My dream life is owning a small tech related business, buying whatever I want off Amazon, and having the time to cook homemade meals all while living in a comfy mountain town.

I can't even begin to understand how I'd use $1 billion. At $80 billion, I'd probably end up drunk off my own power.
>>
>>46813650
Same here. Even if i had 1mil i wouldn't know how to use it for the first month probably.

I just need one small apartment/house, a car and few thousands to fix my health.
>>
>>46813508
>Indian expertise
Paki detected
>>
>Wanting to go to jaypan
Are you fucking kidding me? You want to go to a shitty country cause you are a fantastically retarded weeaboo, but you still don't want to go to GOOD countries.
Fun fact retard, asians who aren't in anywhere but the west DO NOT WANT YOU FUCKING RETARDED WEEBS.
>>
>30 into investments
>pay off all debt and all extended family's debts
> buy a decent house somewhere in new england
>buy a tesla
>make a new ISP that serves gigabit to the rest of the region at dirt cheap prices
>set up scholarships for kids who were like me
>live life of luxury untill I die and pass my investments onto my kids
>>
>>46813714
>>46813574
>>46813377
>>46811489
It's retards like you guys that fuel the SJW fire and force me into retarded arguments with them, so for that, I hope you fall down a flight of stairs and get brain damage.
>>
>>46811051
Tbh, I think it's stupid to invest money in Africa. Why? Because usually societies don't develop because of massive external help, but mostly by themselves. I mean, look at Iraq, which was supposed to become democratic after the US ousted Saddam's regime from power. Despite all the assistance and money the US provided to Iraq to develop a democracy, it failed miserably. If there's no will to have a democracy on the part of the Iraqis, it will never work.

Same for Africa. You can throw how much money you want at it, but if the Africans don't have the same mentality which lead to Western development, they won't magically solve their problems.

So, I see what Bill Gates does as a typical act of charity rich people do because they feel guilty of being rich and somehow they think they have to publicly show how their fortune is used to help the shittiest places on earth. It also makes them look cool and heroic when they drink water made from poop, at the end of a high-tech machine.

Not to mention the publicity you get with this and the tax deductions.
>>
Invest in private space exploration/space rock mining.

Have my lobbyists work the suits in DC to push for more environmentally friendly issues.

Setup a scholarship fund for American kids.

Try to use my money and power to improve the American K-12 educational experience (I'll admit I have no idea how this would happen). Something so all of our science/math PhDs wouldn't be going to Indians and Asians on visas only to see them take their education back to where they came from to improve their country.

Other than that I'd live comfortably. I wouldn't want a 10 million dollar home or anything like that. A simple house with a nice piece of land would be plenty for me.
>>
>>46813771
>hurr people are saying bad things about me over the internet
Quit being a sensitive faggot
>>
Start researching bioengineered waifus.
>>
>>46813786
>Despite all the assistance and money the US provided to Iraq to develop a democracy

Literally wut

USA gave 0.0001% for that compared to what it invested to demolish whole country

Your post makes sense globally but you chose stupid example
>>
>>46813771
You don't have to argue with them
>>
File: 1_1_Shop_Rural_Japan__.jpg (58 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1_1_Shop_Rural_Japan__.jpg
58 KB, 600x450
>>46813737
>there is no good reason to want to visit japan
Why are you so upset that I find the environment of rural Japan appealing?
>>
>>46811051
Research on nanotechnology since medicine is a fucking joke and everything else will benefit from it, push nuclear to anyone who wants the best energy so we can then have fusion, research on robotics, mine asteroids and completely change the economy with all these metals out of nowhere, spend the rest on dragon dildos and a cooler for my AMD GPU.
>>
Buy a nice house in the best country
Iceland
>>
>>46813737
Japan is amazing. And I'm no weeb, I just visited Japan a year ago and it was great. No obnoxiously loud people, amazing high-tech cities, and beautiful rural areas. You're just a retard who has no clue what's outside of your basement.
>>
>>46813851
And die in a volcanic eruption?
>>
>>46813786
> Because usually societies don't develop because of massive external help, but mostly by themselves.
You're kinda wrong about that.

Mostly, societies have developed because of massive external influence. Well, mostly it was conquest by an empire that imposed it's progress and customs, or trade partnerships and political deals... but most of the shit was external.

> Despite all the assistance and money the US provided to Iraq to develop a democracy, it failed miserably.
The USA kind of sucks at foreign aid.

Still better than doing nothing, but really, overall there is very little result for how much money you spend.
>>
>>46813182
then some negro could just start a new microsoft with the same shit and the same business model
>>
>>46811129
>man arrested on charges of attempted prankstering
>house stormed after police had been informed that someone ordered 80 billion dollars of doritos
>>
>>46813867
> amazing high-tech cities
Where? Tokyo? It has a modern core I guess, but overall that's not so terribly impressively modern.

Big US / EU cities are basically a match, and some look quite a bit nicer.

> beautiful rural areas
Just about the whole world has these in varied form across this latitude (south to north of Japan plus minus some degrees).
>>
Buy everyone on /g/ a rocket car and a solid gold house.
>>
>>46813825
Of course, the military expense was way bigger than the money spent on assisting Iraq. What I'm saying is that despite all US efforts for Iraq to turn into a stable democracy, it turned into a no man's land divided by tribal war. It just shows how limited is US understanding of how other cultures work.

>>46813876
>Mostly, societies have developed because of massive external influence. Well, mostly it was conquest by an empire that imposed it's progress and customs, or trade partnerships and political deals... but most of the shit was external.

Aid is not the same as conquest. Of course, colonialism changed a lot of shit in occupied countries, but external aid is not really colonialism. You don't whip the shit out of them to build infrastructure. Fear is obviously a much stronger motivation than charity.

So, I think my reasoning was right, since I said "usually societies don't develop because of massive external help", so I was referring to help (charity), not conquest or any other type of external influence exerted by force.
>>
I would invest in sustainable energy and eco friendly transportation. Nuclear foremost.

Then I would invest even more in sabotaging and destroying the oil industry. If they're not forcefully destroyed, they will never allow clean energy to flourish and will run this world into the ground.
>>
File: 198.png (342 KB, 893x967) Image search: [Google]
198.png
342 KB, 893x967
No, the earth needs a smaller population.

1 billion is enough, let the niggers die in Africa and middle east muslim countries and we should be fine
>>
>>46814376
> Of course, colonialism changed a lot of shit in occupied countries, but external aid is not really colonialism.
No, but you can do the part in colonialism that mattered.

> whip the shit out of them to build infrastructure
Organizing and paying for without the whipping part will do the job, as it did in many colonies.
>>
>>46811051
What i don't understand about Gates. he is already gone at microsoft, he might be a big share holder? Windows isn't making big profits, Donates half of his money to charity still his networth is getting bigger and bigger, even bigger then warren buffet? The fuck?
>>
>>46814492
So compassionate.
>>
>>46811051
That would be enough to wave in front of my family and tell them all to fuck off because of a failure they anticipated me to be.
I know my mother is the only generous one so I would just give her a portion that's hers. She'd have to deal with whether or not if she wants to share her only share. Fuck me, fuck nig nog family, fuck dis life.
>>
>>46814527
It will only work as long as you have Western-minded individuals in charge. Once they leave, it's going back to jungle business as usual.
>>
>>46814605
>windows isn't making big profits
well, if you think about the fact that most computers in the world use windows, even if the profit margins are thin that's still a shitload of money.
>>
>>46814659
True but there market share is only getting smaller not bigger, because of the fruitmachines made by Apple.
>>
I don't really see the point in giving Africa money over and over and they're not really helping themselves. Give a man some seeds and teach him how to start a farm and he can feed himself for life. Do the same for an African and he'll eat all the seeds and demand more "help".

I'd probably use some of the money for doctors beyond borders, space exploration, and scholarships for neets who don't wanna be neet anymore.
>>
>>46812906
>not getting a Ferrari LaFerrari
do you even /o/?

But its honestly not really worth it except for bragging rights to people who don't understand- you dont really own the cars, and they only let you drive them on special days, and if you do decide to take one home they will never let you buy a ferrari again.
>>
File: MS.jpg (193 KB, 1331x557) Image search: [Google]
MS.jpg
193 KB, 1331x557
>>46814680
MS earns money from businesses now, and now is almost back on point where it was in late 90s
>>
>>46814756
The LaFerrari you are able to take home with you and drive it where and when you want. The FXX models you can't take these home.

But if you saw TopGear 2 weeks ago you will understand why Ferrari is such a faggot company.
>>
>>46814820
ah, my bad

thanks for clarifying, and yes I do watch Top Gear. I hope the Arab guy with all three really comes through with it.
>>
>>46811479
>It would take ~$10 bln seed to capture a couple of resource-rich asteroids/comets that are in near-Earth orbit. Bring those into safe Earth orbits and lease off mining, especially crush some of the rare metal markets (gold, palladium, etc.) to generate cheaper products reliant on those limiting factors.

Are you absolutely retarded?

If we could do this for $10bn today we would have. Major companies have assets closer to a trillion than to 10 bn
>>
Live comfortably for the rest of my life in my little house, buying whatever I like at my leisure. I don't have expensive tastes, I'm not going to buy a 20 million dollar mansion with 30 rooms that I will never use or 10 cars.
>>
>>46811051
I'd buy africa.
>>
>>46811521
>it's not racism if blacks do it!
>>
Invest it all in space exploration.
>>
Space, either give it all to elon or start join one of the asteroid mining companies and accelerate their progress. Fuck everyone on earth. People are going to be assholes and poor breeding rabbits till the end of eternity. The only difference is whether or not they will have a internet connection thanks to a huge cluster of satellites in LEO.
>>
>>46811051
>Give it all away to Africa
You can't be serious.
>>
Buy houses in New York, Paris, London, the South of France, Amsterdam, Mexico, and other destinations around the US (perhaps Asia as well)

With the remaining 70 billion I'd poach the best developers from video game studios and commission them to make my dream games. I'd pay them for the work they did on it, and when selling the game if it goes past breaking even for what I commissioned it for I'd split the profits between them.
>>
I want to become NEET once again. So I'll build a house on some small piece of land somewhere isolated from people and browse 4chins all day errday. Also travel.
>>
>>46811051
Invest in a perfect lolicon anime.
>>
Eradicate polio with thermonuclear weapons.
>>
>>46811051
>80 dollars billion dollars
Yes.
>>
>>46811080
Spotted the weaboo
>>
>>46814376

>What I'm saying is that despite all US efforts for Iraq to turn into a stable democracy

and those efforts were...

>it turned into a no man's land divided by tribal war. It just shows how limited is US understanding of how other cultures work

You're reading whatever you want into Iraq's circumstance. Imagine if the US invaded Russia and Finland tomorrow; even if they leave behind a single state, Fins will be angry about not having their own sovereign identity. Would we then argue the new democracy is broken because there's something about heir culture that's broken? No, that would be retarded.
>>
>>46811051
Kill Stallman, stablish a charismatic leader in FSF, bribe Redhat to improve the Linux in desktop experience, and kill pointless distros like Slackware or Crux.
>>
>>46815845
That's not a good example. Finland is already a democracy, and it's not a tribal society like Iraq.

I don't see how USA invading Russia would make Russia either more or less democratic.

What was your point? My point was that you need a certain mentality in a population for democracy to work. Democracy is not really a universal mindset, that's really your Western belief. For other peoples, caste systems, tribal systems, hierarchical systems make more sense, especially when it's coupled with monoteistic religious beliefs.
>>
Why the fuck is necessary go to impose "Democracy" and "Human Rights" in countries where they doesn't exist because their culture?
>>
>>46811051
I certainly wouldn't fund massive circumcision campaigns in Africa based on poorly constructed and poorly carried out studies.

I wouldn't ignore new research pointing ore heavily than ever towards function of langerhan's cells as HIV vectors, being a fundamentally misunderstood area.

I wouldn't bank entirely on genital cutting rather than something that actually achieves meaningful change.

Probably because I have a foreskin though, and don't have a subconscious desire to cut others so they have the same deficit as me.
>>
>>46815990
Shitlord. Circumcition is necesary.
>>
>>46811051
Give 75 billion away and live the rest of my life lavishly on an island with vidya and bitches. Oh and build a "compound".
>>
>>46816113
>Genital cutting is necessary
>>
Buy Sweden and store my billions of dragon dildos there.
>>
Blow it all on space.
We're due for first contact in 2063
>>
>>46816165
How does this differ from:
?
>>
>>46816190
>tfw I'll be 66 and you just made my day by giving me hope.
>>
>>46815944

My Finland thing was just an example of why democracy failed (not entirely as badly as you suggest) because of misunderstanding the nuances of peoples' identities. Just because Fins love in a democracy today doesn't mean as long as its a democracy they'll be willing to accept the government.

I would then draw your attention to India, the biggest clusterfuck of tribalism on Earth as well as the largest secular democracy for more than half a century now.
>>
>>46811051
All of the things I want wouldn't even add up to a couple million. I have no clue what I'd do with a billion dollars, let alone 80 billion.

It would be enough money to open your own fab, license whatever tech you wanted, and start producing chips for yourself. It would be pretty cool having your own customized silicon inside of your PC.
Thats enough money to basically make any research project a reality, no matter how insane it was. You can nearly fund a complete organization like NASA for a decade. You could personally finance the exploration of all Earth's oceans. You could make Deus Ex style prosthetic limbs a reality.
>>
>>46811051
Open source microshaft
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>>46816239
or I make all the hookers in the world blow it
>>
>>46811051
Money evaporates when it is just thrown at Africa.
Bill makes investments in real things that result in permanent improvement.
>>
>>46816190
>We're due for first contact
By which model was that mapped out? There's no time table for something that's never happened before.
>>
>>46811080
>Has $80 billion dollars
>"I want a new computer!"
Nigga your life is sad.
>>
>>46816339
Star Trek, obviously.
That's pretty much the ideal future we should be aiming for.
>>
>>46816339
He was one of the chosen. A knower.
>>
>>46811604
even better: get an helicopter and rain the money on people's heads

that will drive inflation up the fucking wall in no time
>>
>>46811489
>Farm managed by someone educated in how to run a farm
>Farm managed by warlord friend of Mugabe

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT, FUCKING BUGGED FARMING MECHANIC

Rhodesia was a very interesting country, the nature of how they were treated, sanctioned and forced to implement majority rule is fascinating. Zimbabwe too, an interesting topic. To undersell it as you did is shameful.
>>
>>46816393
*tips fedora*
>>
I'd get an MSI GT80 and travel the world so I can watch anime and shitpost on 4chan from a bunch of different hotel rooms instead of just my bedroom.
>>
>>46811051
buy half of congress for the next 20 years, instill freedoms. make GNU/Linux the only government sponsored OS
>>
>>46816359
Nah, Spock's dead, just like your dreams.
>>
File: god is le dead.gif (150 KB, 468x528) Image search: [Google]
god is le dead.gif
150 KB, 468x528
>>46816407
>>
>>46813364
Made me laugh out loud, thanks.
>>
I'd probably "fund" every single US politician and actually get them to fucking do something about that shithole country.
>>
>>46816484
>that shithole country
>implying wherever you're form is better off
>>
>>46811051
Buy multiple houses in every country, travel the world. Fuck I would just leave been a geek behind and travel.
>>
>>46816239
>go to AMD
>give them a couple hundred million bucks
>tell them to make a chip to your specifications
>6 EX cores, 20 GCN1.3 CU, and 4 HBM2 packages for example
>say you'll buy all the wafers
>get your very own customized CPU, every single IP block on die is of your choosing
>contact ASUS to produce a custom SFF mobo and case for you
>has whatever IO and features you want
>give away awesome customized computers to everyone you know
>decorate your house with all the unused wafers
>still have well over $79 billion bucks left over

I think I'd start a seafaring colony and build my own sovereign nation. Put satellites into orbit around the earth and provide free basic internet access to everywhere free from government regulation. Become a massive data center, and attract a lot of engineering talent then slowly build my nation into Atlantis where we became a beacon of technological and industrial leadership to the rest of the globe.
>>
>>46816506
>form
You're not helping the case anon.
>>
>>46816506
Scandinavia.

It is literally better in every way.
>>
>>46816531
>I've never made a spelling mistake
>>46816533
https://imgur.com/a/v23KM
Thanks for playing
>>
>>46816594
>All of Svandinavia is Sweden
I'm from Denmark, try again.
>>
>>46816615
>implying you're any better off
>>
>>46816632
A lot better actually.

Thanks for playing.
>>
Give 50% to Apple, give 49% to NASA and keep the rest for me.
>>
Donate to Ubuntu
>>
>>46816644
>if I say it enough times maybe it'll come true
sure thing cuck
>>
>>46816645
>Give 50% to Apple,
Why?
They have plenty of money.
>>
>>46816662
Thanks for playing!
>>
>>46816374
Bruh, you'd need trillions of dollars to have any meaningful effect on inflation.
>>
>>46816676
You are welcome, I know that after cucking your own language with english you must be desperate for more phrases.
>>
I keep theme for me andrebbe buying guitar computer house and magic cards
>>
I'd try to shape the world according to my whims.
>>
Invest in space technology and try to build a space colony.
>>
I'd probably invest 250 million a year in life extension research.
Start a funds for students who need help funding their education.
Start a business that invests in stock, start ups and property.
Give everyone I like a well paying job of 200k a year consisting of playing video games.
Go live in Spain right next to the beach.
Go practise martial arts three days a week.
>>
>>46816728
Thanks for playing!
>>
Fund SENS with whatever they require to get some extra thinking time on what to do with the rest.
>>
>>46816237
Well India is actually a good example of how strong colonial influence made them follow Western models (especially British). They are tribal, yeah, but they aren't like Muslim countries, where shiites and sunnites kill each other every day. Obviously democracy without tolerance can't work. It might be because in India most religious beliefs are not so fundamentalist as in Iraq.
>>
>>46811051
I would only ask the question if I actually have it. But maybe you meant, what would you do if you won 80 large in a lotto? As always op is a big fucking faggot.
>>
>Make EVERYTHING in Microsoft Free and Open Source Software.
>"You can't publish drivers not GPL'd"
The rest goes to Africa.
>>
File: ah derp derp.png (183 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ah derp derp.png
183 KB, 250x250
>LeL, gee, err hey guys, I wana buy a lamborghini!
>'n i wana buy a lotta weed and a buncha blonde and jap BABES!
>err and i wana buy a mansion in Tokeo Jupan cuz thats where they hav ninjas, animes and robots n stuff
>speakin of robots i wanna build like da ultimate cyborg warrior like Cell from DBZ, man
>o yea and maybe with da rest of da money jus for financial security n shit, i'd like invest in stocks or sumthin, knom sayin'?

Please do us all a favor and jump off a cliff so you can spare us with your moronic materialist drivel. There's a reason you pea-brained, shit-flinging troglodytes will never amount to anything. Kiss my fucking ass, you useless cunts.
>>
>>46817801
No one said this, you autistic childish cunt.
Go find something sharp and commit suicide with it.
>>
>>46817873
>being this buttblasted
>on the internet
>>
Buy North Korea
>>
File: 1424292935690.jpg (136 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1424292935690.jpg
136 KB, 500x500
>>46817801
>>
I'd start an internet service provider and have doubts for the rest of my life that my money would have been better spent helping Africans.
>>
Buy some anime BDs, those things are pretty expensive.
>>
>>46817801
you're shitposting and arguing with yourself for shitposting in one single post

i dont know what to think
>>
>>46811051
Buy a nice but not overly large house with some land, go on a few nice holidays, get the mother of all computers then fuck a series of young and beautiful women. Also give to some charities I suppose.
>>
i'd throw it all at my favorite politician hoping he gets elected
>>
>>46818087
why not get elected yourself?
>>
buy a bunch of loli porn and air drop it over ISIS
>>
>finish degree
>take ~2 years off, travel world and all facets of nature (deep sea, mountains, all biomes)
>donate ~$20 billion to math/physics departments at top schools
>start aerospace company and push mars mission forward
>>
80 billion?
I'd give it all away just for a hug.
A warm hug, a filling hug, and then i'd blow both our brains out.
When they found my will it would make them send my money on a rocket to mars.
>That should be enough insentive to get people up there.
>>
I suppose I would build a house, though I have no idea where. It would be a fairly small and compact house with two floors and a basement, inconspicuous looking with heavy security and some hidden rooms. A mansion is all fun and games until you have to clean the fucking thing, and I'm not going to have hired cleaners running around in my home.

I would amass a huge collection of anime and anime figures and so forth (so the same thing I'm doing now, only more so), and buy the usual stuff like computers and A/V equipment.

That's about all I can think of. Sure, there's lots of grand scale things that could be done with $80 billion dollars, but I don't have the connections and expertise for any of it.
>>
>>46818193
good sheep
>>
>>46818265
Fuck you. He has admirable goals.
>>
Donate a few billion to the FSF :^)
>>
Better than it going to the government once I inevitably blow my brains out.
>>
>>46818283
I legitimately would. I would make sure Stallman had every resource necessary to continue to spread his techno gospel for the rest of his life.
Hes an eccentric, probably autistic man, but he believes in some things that are worth spreading. After seeing all of the RT interviews he has done, and listening to a few of his speeches from various universities around the world, I would have no problem giving him copious amounts of money.
>>
>>46818245
>I'm not going to have hired cleaners running around in my home.

Why not? you'd be a billionaire, you can earn money faster than it costs to hire a maid service.
Maids are badass, that would be one of the firsts special services I'd sign up for.
Probably a live-in butler/chauffeur too, just for some company around the big house and a nice chap to drive my luxery car(s) for me

I'd also have some sort of personal assistant/secretary to help me run my business ventures
>>
>>46811051
Create my own private army and rule the world
>>
set up half of it to be gradually donated to charities of my choosing. Set aside 1B for family/ future generations in various trust funds.

Spend the rest on buying out every single politician just to show how absurd the system is and to force a change.
>>
>>46818327
>Why not?
I like being alone.
>>
>>46818327
>Have a giant mansion
>obviously you can't occupy all the rooms since you live alone
>hire a maid
>shes a real qt
>get to know her personally
>she can't clean all the rooms in the mansion, its too big a task
>you get to know her personally, and develop feelings for her
>and she for you
>you hire another maid to help lighten her load
>the new hire develops feelings for you, and a rivalry for the first maid
>your life is now an animu
>keep hiring maids who fight over your billionaire dick and create a huge harem
>create robowaifus and throw them into the mix
Yes. So much yes.
>>
>>46811619
Hi can u pls adopt me? I want to be a Jew.
>>
Research on automated food production and sociopolitical organizations
Influence governments to self destroy
Implement communism with help of technology.

>>46814376
>external aid is not really colonialism
haha
you see colonialism from a nationalistic logic, I see from a ideological point of view... and I see the same shit
>>
>>46818397
>>
>>46811080

>take a trip to Japan

lmao weebs
>>
>>46811494
>>46811396
/pol/ling out on board
>>
>>46814492
>implying it's africans who pollute the most
kill all white men and the problem would fix itself.

>>46814605
>Donates half of his money to charity still his networth is getting bigger and bigger
all his "donations" come with strings attached, just like all the "help" from the US govt.
>>
>>46811876
Jesus. You're really a greedy pig aren't you? I hate Jews now even though I don't know much more about them.
>>
>>46811175

>We've been helping africa for about a million years now

This is a gross exaggeration....and helping isn't the word you're looking for, try exploiting. I'm sure the great people of Libya appreciate the US involving themselves just for the oil reserves.
>>
buy a superyacht as a second home to my newly purchased home in a secluded island community.

Hire servants to take care of all the unpleasentness of living on a secluded island with a only a superyacht as transportation.

I would definately seek out an island that is remote enough that you wouldnt be able to hitch a ride their without your own boat. but neighbors aren't really an issue, especially if they throw island parties.

Most of my money would be tied up with a small group of investors with my personal goals for humanitarian and technological development in mind.

touring the world in my own yacht ran by my hired crew and security team would be awesome, but I dont have the business sense to keep up with the hustle and bustle that is big business. my investors would be doing all the moving and shaking on my behalf
>>
>>46818482
>and helping isn't the word you're looking for, try exploiting
When Africans come to Europe and tear shit up it's called multiculturalism and diversity. Therefore, European colonialism was merely multiculturalism and diversity.
>>
>>46815971
>Why the fuck is necessary go to impose "Democracy" and "Human Rights" in countries where they doesn't exist because their culture?
for the neolibs/neocons, "democracy" equals extreme capitalism, and capitalism NEEDS to keep expanding, otherwise it would die.
>>
Everyone talks about how they'd develop space travel or buy out politicians or whatever, but how would you actually accomplish any of this?
>>
>>46818533

Ehh I'm not interested in entering a /pol/esque debate with you but just because some hippie runs a feed the children ad and someone donates $10 a month...a good percentage of those donations goes into the organization's pockets while the actual starving children in Africa get peanuts,and then this leads to some limey neckbeard on an anime imageboard to say "we help them niggers" that's of course implying you donate anything, which I'm sure you don't, and if you did you wouldn't be making that much of an impact anyway.
>>
>>46818556
space travel is a stupid example
But in the US you can form a PAC (political action committee) and start throwing money where you want, or just join a current PAC and have the biggest bank in the committee, and start calling the shots
>>
>>46818608
It sounds simple but could you actually do it? I wouldn't even know how to invest in a company.
>>
>>46815687
>Also travel.
That's not very NEET at all.
>>
Could I buy a robo gf for that amount?
>>
>>46818664
Absolutely. That amount of money could buy a decade's worth of research. You could have a sentient, super intelligent waifu robot all to yourself.
She could handle all of your stocks and accurately predict trends in the stock market.
She could serve as your personal computer, and create any VR simulation that you wish.
She could do any innumerable number of things, because she would be astoundingly advanced, an exquisitely loyal.
>>
>>46818645

It's not investing in a company, it's "donating" money to someone for totally not their influence, we swear. money is speech after all
>>
>>46818682
Money doesn't magically produce scientific advancements.
>>
>>46818718
Money pays for research. It pays for engineers, and huge teams of researchers to pursue ideas. It pays for those ideas to be implemented in finalized products.
>>
>>46818739
Yes, but you're still talking about magic. You can't come up with a scifi-tier android in a few years just by giving billions of dollars to scientists. Many corporations and universities around the world have researched robotics and AI for decades already.
>>
>>46818781
>but you're still talking about magic.
HA!
No, you think its magic because you literally do not know a single thing about any relevant field. You don't know anything about where the semiconductor industry is going, you don't know anything about non Von Neumann architectures, you don't know anything about robotics or artificial muscle, you don't know anything about anything.
The relevant research in every field is well under way, billions of dollars aptly spent could bring everything together in one package within a span of a few short years.
>>
>>46818877
Ok kid.
>>
>>46811051
>make R rated, loyal to source, big budget comics adaptations
>Get rid of nigs
>assassinate Ellen Degeneres
>employ a bunch of teenage whores
>manipulate markets
>buy mom a car
>put a giant poster of my asshole in world's capital cities
>find cure for balding
>replace left index finger with mini laser canon
>buy you tube and shut down the channels i hate

Off the top of my head
>>
Would you accept $80 billion if everyone knew about it? I wouldn't. People would never leave you alone and you would have to worry about thieves and psychos all the time.
>>
I'd buy a few houses around the world (or just apartments) so I can always enjoy mild weather.

Then I'd get a personal trainer, nutritionist and a bunch of doctors.

I'd probably spend my days reading, surfing the internet, doing a project, working out or slacking in the sun.
>>
Be an asshole and flaunt it.
>>
buy all the bitcoins in the world and never do another transaction, killing bitcoin
>>
become Badman
>>
>>46811123
> improve nuclear power, though, rather than solar
*sigh* you'd think people would have learned after Chernobyl.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.