[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Stupid Questions Thread /sqt/, old one about to 404 >>46778403
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 21
File: question.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
New Stupid Questions Thread /sqt/, old one about to 404
>>46778403

Does cf-root work on custom roms? I installed cm12 on my s5 and somehow lost my root.
>>
Ive got mint installed on my laptop, when I connect it to my 27" monitor and set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 it doesnt go full screen and has black edges.

When i set the res to 1680 x 1050, it fills the whole screen but obviously zoomed in a bit.

What do I do?

google is no help
>>
Go back to the first resolution and try increasing icon sizes.

I'm probably wrong
>>
PLEASE help

I plug in my external hard drive and I can't find an icon for it anywhere. It's normally in the sidebar or computer folder, but it's not there.

terminal says it's mounted... I forgot how I got to that point cuz I was googling
>>
I have an old HDD that I was using for a boot-drive on an old PC (using windows), I want to use it as storage for a new build (with an SDD boot drive).

what do I do about the copy of windows I have on my old HDD?

does anyone know a few gpu's with top covers?
>>
>>46792839
format it?
>>
I think i deleted the mail app on my Galaxy Note 3 with this titanium backup thing. This is preventing me from using Sunrise Calender properly

Any way to get it working or restored without resetting my phone?
>>
ITT the blind leading the blind
>>
>>46793083
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkxB15nXRvM
>>
How to LaTeX? I want to make a pretty resume.
>>
File: devil_duckie_3.jpg (76 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
devil_duckie_3.jpg
76 KB, 1200x1200
>>46793083
The best way to understand something is explaining it to others.
>>
>>46793136
only for stupid cunts like you that don't know shit.
>>
>>46793083
>myself excluded of course :^)
>>
File: 139035361828.png (190 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
139035361828.png
190 KB, 373x327
>>46793153
>I'm so fucking smart, why isn't everyone as smart as me fuck
>>
>>46792668
You need to activate root on CM12 in the Developer Settings:
https://www.klingt.net/posts/root-access-in-cyanogenmod-12/
>>
>>46792814
use df -h to get a list of mounted drives. identify your drive by the "Size" column. look at the rightmost column to see where it's mounted. guessing it'll be something in "/media".
>>
Pleb tier question here:

I have a PSU that has a 8pin connector but the mobo only has a 12pin slot for a PSU.
Can I just switch the connector and plug it in or do I have to get a new PSU?
>>
>>46793165
all this butthurt
>>>/reddit/

im not even the guy that u replied to
>>
>>46793198
I'm just saying that scolding people for trying to learn about technology on a board about technology is pretty stupid.
>>
>>46793198
not that guy, but trolling in a stupid questions thread is pretty low.
>>
>>46793179
Keep looking until you find a four pin connector that fits next to the eight pins. If it's not there, you will need a new PSU.
>>
Is 100 european dollars good price for GTX590?
>>
File: Tyrannosaurus_rex_mmartyniuk.png (430 KB, 1975x672) Image search: [Google]
Tyrannosaurus_rex_mmartyniuk.png
430 KB, 1975x672
>>
>>46793198
>>>/b/
>>
File: build.jpg (88 KB, 648x932) Image search: [Google]
build.jpg
88 KB, 648x932
Hi, I keep having issues with this build.

After about 10 minutes of playing games it auto reboots with a message saying the asus anti surge protection caused the pc to retstart. This has been an on going issue and I believe the only way to fix it will be to buy a new PSU.

What kind of Corsair PSU should I buy to replace it? Any suggestions?

Also is it possible the compatibly problems with the RAM voltage being to high is the cause?
>>
Is there something I can use to see how much power I am using and how much power I have left for upgrades?
>>
>>46793444
Best PSU is non-Corsair PSU.
>>
>>46793511
Any suggestions?
>>
>>46793252

Thanks. Looks like I have to go get a new psu.
You think they'll let me exchange the one I got for a new one without paying? The psu I have was recommended by the customer service and I was told it would work with this mobo.
>>
>>46793580
what model? Any new PSU should have that connector.
>>
>>46792748
Sounds like a setting on the monitor itself, and not in Mint.
>>
Can someone please suggest a decent free remote desktop app for the iPad? Using windows 7.
>>
I'm trying to set up samba but I can't seem to access the folders if I try to access them from specially made accounts.
Everything works fine if I use the admin account on the server but obviously I don't want that.
[Public]
path = /media/alpha/Data/public
browseable = yes
read only = yes
guest ok = yes

[user1]
path = /media/alpha/Data/homes/user1
browseable = yes
read only = no
guest ok = no
valid users = user2

[user2]
path = /media/alpha/Data/home/user2
browseable = yes
read only = no
guest ok = no
valid users = user2

The users exist, the samba passwords exist. Why the fuck is it refusing to work
>>
>>46793667
Also, fixed the home(s) type, no difference.
>>
>>46793662
Have you tried the Microsoft one?
>>
>>46793486

Anyone? Or am I dreaming its that easy?
>>
>>46793662
I've used VNC Viewer on Android, worked pretty well. Can't imagine it would be any different on iOS.
>>
>>46793486
>>46793717
You could get a physical meter. It may miss some very brief peaks.
>>
File: 41I8LHj5wJL._SY300_.jpg (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
41I8LHj5wJL._SY300_.jpg
8 KB, 300x300
>>46793756
forgot image
>>
>>46793123
google it faggot.
>>
File: silly wangblows.png (144 KB, 847x495) Image search: [Google]
silly wangblows.png
144 KB, 847x495
>>46792748
try set the resolution (press enter to confirm) and then restart your pc? only issue is that if that doesn't work then you're stuck with a black screen.
what DE + WM are you using?

>>46792814
(is this in windows? idk so assuming yes)
when your disk is plugged in go to disk management (win+x then choose from list of options) look at the drives and if there is a drive that disappears when unplugging when you unplug the drive then try this:
1. plug the drive back in, refresh disk management
2. right click on the disk when it reappears and click "assign drive letter and path"
3. go through wizard and restart if drive still doesn't appear.
if all that doesn't work then make sure the drive is plugged directly into your pc/laptop, NOT plugged in through a usb hub ect.

>>46792839
look up how to deactivate the windows key so you can reuse it without buying a new one.
right click windows icon and click on system if you don't know what your key is
after that just install windows on your new drive and you can plug in your old drive to copy your stuff off it

>>46793123
tuts on pootube

>>46793272
i guess so, but you'd probably be better off getting a card that won't set your house on fire (not nvidia joke, just 500 series gpus are really hot and two of them on one board was always a bad idea) you're beter off getting a slightly newer card even if it's a bit slower, just for reliability.

>>46793717 here take this!
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

>-----------------<
(my question)
trying to shrink a new 480gb ssd so i can install another OS on it but, as you can see in pic related windows says i can only shrink 174 MB of it when i clearly have >300 GB available.
>things I've already tried so far:

restarting my PC and using trim to clean things up when no programs are running
using built in options when installing a linux OS (option to shrink grayed out)

pls halp
>>
>>46793698
>>46793728
Thanks for the suggestions. Checking out the Microsoft one now. Can't believe I hadn't heard of it until now.
>>
How can I mass delete a specific folder name recursively? The folders are not empty.
I tried
find -name "@eaDir" -delete

but it bitches about files inside the folder.
>>
Suppose, for example, an obscure video was deleted from youtube 2+ years ago.

Is there any kind of archive bot or cache or anything that might allow it to still be somewhere on the internet?
>>
>>46793915
find -type f -name "@eaDir" | xargs rm -r
>>
>>46793975
thanks that worked
although I always wondered what the | symbol represents in linux
Chaining commands?
>>
>>46793997
 fizz | buzz 
means you're piping the output from fizz into buzz
>>
>>46794008
Then I can safely assume xargs does what grep can do natively?
You can't pipe directly to rm I guess.
>>
>>46794019
You can't pipe directly to rm, cause rm doesn't accept standard input.
xargs makes it so rm recieves a proper command line
>>
>>46793136
I lurk these threads and type answers I don't post because capitalism.
>>
Learning the basics of Flash, I have a few questions

What's the purpose of () in things like public function Main()?
Why can't I just make every function public?
What does "extends" mean? ex. public class Main extends Sprite
What's the difference between Bitmap and Sprite?
>>
File: 1421033104959.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1421033104959.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
Is there a way to increase the randomness of /dev/random or /dev/urandom while a system's running?
>>
File: 3.png (969 KB, 971x9621) Image search: [Google]
3.png
969 KB, 971x9621
>>46794019
>>
File: 1419157782299.png (13 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1419157782299.png
13 KB, 1920x1080
How can I cleanly install GTK2 themes on the i3 DE? DIstro is debian stable
>>
>>46794282
How is /dev/urandom not random enough?
>>
>>46794269
Go read a book or something.
>What is a purpose of a wheel in a bike
It'd be too much to type
>>
My resolution is stuck at 1024x768 using llvmpipe. I blacklisted nouveau (i have an nvidia laptop) and intel to force llvmpipe since I don't have OpenGL 3 and I need it for programming. How can I fix this with Ubuntu?
>>
>>46794304
this taught me more then all the autism on the internet
jezus christ
>>
File: D7VRwQ4RJJ83AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png (23 KB, 270x106) Image search: [Google]
D7VRwQ4RJJ83AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
23 KB, 270x106
Is there a way to prevent people "disconnect" spamming on a teamspeak server? (except manually kicking them etc.)
>>
File: virtual-server.png (141 KB, 480x350) Image search: [Google]
virtual-server.png
141 KB, 480x350
Is there any php project that creates a site to keep track of all my servers? like add server names, services with ports, descriptions, the ip of the server etc. or do I have to program one myself?
>>
I know it's possible to stabilize shaky footage using ffmpeg libstabdetect + libstabtransform filters, but is it possible to 'lock on' and 'track' a certain object or thing (person) in a video and keep that object centered using ffmpeg?
>>
>>46794341
nevermind, I fixed it
>>
In Debian (Jessie), I was trying to install Teamspeak. I couldn't, however, find it from the repos even though it should be in the non-free according to Debian's website.

I also feel like other stuff is hard to find or outdated. Am I doomed to this fate when using Debian? Should I move to a rolling release OS?
>>
I have two email accounts on gmail; one for personal stuff and one for internet stuff where I'd like to remain somewhat anomymous (think private trackers, reddit, online forums etc).

I recently moved from gmail to mailbox.org (1€/month) in order to break free from targeted ads and such plus I got a more "clear" address ([email protected] instead of [email protected]).

I have the option to use up to 3 aliases with my new email address. My question is this:

Is using an alias instead of having two seperate email addresses equal in security/anonymity?
>>
>>46794384
munin, zabbix?
>>
is there any benefit of using ubuntu's dpkg over mint's? i was thinking of using xubuntu but their dpkg is bloaty as fuck.
>>
>>46794601
Searching for something without monitoring
>>
File: 1396131906017.jpg (218 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1396131906017.jpg
218 KB, 700x700
I've been having a shit ton of bsod's lately
It's a driver problem somewhere.
What other programs are there apart from ccleaner I can scan registry with and whatnot, basically clean mess up a bit.
combofix doesn't run on 8.1
>>
>>46794515
just install from their website, it's not hard
>>
>>46794962
I downloaded the .deb and tried to install it but it had some problems and didn't run. Some errors with dependencies
>>
so you can enter a phone number in the recovery page on facebook and facebook tells you the account of that phone number, if there is such an account.

My question is, is it possible to harvest all the phone numbers recorded on facebook by this method?
>>
Why does Mozilla Firefox lag less than Chromium on Linux?
>>
Why is Clint Mansell so shit?
>>
>>46795085
Yes, but it would take you forever.
You'd have to try every possible digit-combination to find out if facebook recognizes it, and there are too many of those (10^(count of digits in a phonenumber))
>>
how to i convert .RAW files to .iso
im trying to run a vm of osx, but none of the downloads come with an iso
>>
>>46795096
Talented developers.
>>
Absolute pleb tier:
If I store a recovery of my android device and flash a different rom to it, can I recover my settings and have all of the apps I had installed either present or mass downloable?
>>
>>46795157
OSX isn't capable of being an iso. That's why you can't run OSX as a VM, unless you patch vmware

>>46795195
no

>>46794900
What's the error code
>>
>>46795299
Balls. What exactly does a recovery do? Is it just the OS?
>>
>>46795319
Well it depends on what kind of backup we're talking about. A complete clone, or just a small backup which contains a list of settings? Either way it wouldn't be compatible with another ROM
>>
File: 1404640026989.jpg (594 KB, 1944x1944) Image search: [Google]
1404640026989.jpg
594 KB, 1944x1944
>>46795299
It's been
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e) and (3b) a lot, but after patching some drivers and trying to fix it it's now IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
Problem always pointed to ntkrnlmp.sys and ntkrnlmp.exe. Which doesn't help shit.

On a side note. I have no experience with analyzing dmp files.
But so far most point to driver problems and not hardware problems
>>
Is there ANY software that will allow a linux server to host torrent software with multi-user support?
I don't feel like setting up seperate daemons for each user
>>
What are FPGA used for?
Are they hardware that can be programmed to do what you want like Arduino?
>>
>>46795396
rtorrent
>>
>>46795341
Eh, doesn't matter. I don't even know if it's worth it to stock blisspop on my memephone at this point. I just...I want to KNOW this stuff? But it's not fun to learn, like math was. What technology gives you joy?
>>
>>46795382
Have you tried wiping your GPU driver? That's usually the most common cause. Otherwise consider wiping all drivers in device manager, or try a system restore
>>
>>46795412
I love fixing up old computers. I guess everybody has a different experience
>>
Yo.
After having used my phone for navigation and then having been stranded on a marriage party I came to a conclusion:
I Need a portable battery storage for my smartphone.

any good ones you know of?
>>
>>46795407
need to set up multiple instances, which is what I don't want.
>>
>>46795471
I'm pretty sure you can set up multiple users with rutorrent as a frontend.
>>
Is there a way to make my folders accessible just by typing in my IP adress (local) on other PC's in the house and be able to transfer files that way?
>>
>>46795486
don't lie to me man
>Added support for multiple users (each user must meet one instance of rtorrent).
straight from rutorrent page
>>
>>46795418
Wiped gpu driver a few days back, also restored from when I didn't have any problems, main problem is that the crashes are random and I can't trigger them easily. They happen after some time in game, sometimes hours, sometimes right away, other times a whole day passes without trouble.
I other words I have no idea how long my system has been this fucked.
Any decent verifier or scanner out there for drivers that isn't completely malware?
>>
>>46795519
Sometimes your motherboard manufacturer has a list of drivers and a driver update manager relevant to your motherboard. But for all drivers for your PC, I'm not too sure of a program.

I was looking at https://ninite.com/ but didn't see anything relevant
>>
>>46795512
Yes, you can use ftp in windows explorer. But it needs to be enabled on both computers

I'm not sure how to set that up. But I've seen other people do it before
>>
Which is better: FX 6300 or the i3 4150? Use would be not so heavy gaming and normal desktop usage.
Can't decide between the better single core performance of the i3 and the better multi core performance and over clocking of the fx's.
>>
Should i learn Fortran and COBOL?
>>
>>46795512
What OS you nigger
>>
>>46795609
COBOL is still around in some companies, don't know about Fortran.
>>
>>46795604
I prefer the 6300
>>
>>46795609
Fortran. It's used quite a bit in the academic world for scientific computation because it's fucking fast.
>>
>>46795579
I do know what you mean but sadly enough this board is too old and unsupported.
Even the installation disk was filled mostly with old drivers.

thanks for the help tho.
>>
>>46795624
Why? Sorry but my friend is really meticolous
>>
>>46795721
Also what's the health status of your HDD? I've seen Windows built in drivers go corrupt from a bad disk drive, and give that BSoD error

>>46795734
You can OC the 6300 until it has the same single core performance of the i3
>>
>>46795721
>Even the installation disk was filled mostly with old drivers.
That's the norm, not strange.
>>
My (new) gf said her laptop is busted and has been for like a year.
I think I'd be able to fix it, because it's just some minor hardware issues that can be worked around. The keyboard is broken, her wireless mouse doesn't work, WiFi doesn't work because of some setting she messed around with.
I told her I could just buy a new cheap USB mouse and USB keyboard, but she won't let me look at it.
Do you think it's because she might have things about her ex boyfriend(s) on her laptop that she doesn't want me to see? I honestly can't think of another reason why she wouldn't let me try to fix it.
Oh, and she said it randomly won't turn on, but she isn't sure if the problem is the charger or the laptop itself.
I know this is more relationship related than tech related, but this is a stupid question thread after all
>>
>>46795792
It's probably full of dust and needs a good cleaning. As for the issues, you can replace the keyboard and buy a new mouse. Wifi just needs latest driver and it will be good.
>>
>>46795792
Tell her you're interested if the ram is still okay (bullshit).
Open it up and take out the drive, plug it in pc and take a quick look.
She's probably not guarding it actively. Also women are a lot "Ugh it'll just be trouble and break again blablabla I want a mac like -friend's name- " So unless you're going to fix it 120% it won't be good enough.
If she finds one thing not to her liking It won't be good enough.
>>
How can i disable the trigger that makes my computer that turn off when it gets to hot by a few degrees?
>>
>>46795888
In the bios
>>
>>46795770
Ok, that sounds about right.
Always wondered: except clock/threads/oc and cores what are the parameters to judge a CPU?
>>
what are some of the more reliable ssd brands? i presume samsung is one of them, but how about corsair, kingston, sandisk, transcend and ocz?
>>
>>46795865
>If she finds one thing not to her liking It won't be good enough.
It means she WILL find something she doesn't like and simply doesn't want it.
She wants whatever "that" friend is using.
There is no point in arguing.
>>
>>46795770
No errors showing up from crystaldiskinfo.
Seems all healthy, though approaching 6000 on hours soon. a wd blue 1tb from 2012.
>>
>>46795888
You really don't want that.
>>
>>46795896

clock
threads
oc ability

age of CPU/generation
Wattage/power consumption
architecture/Instruction Set
single/multi core performance
price point
hyper threading
socket/chip set
heat output/clock
# of gigahertz
Lithography
bandwidth
integrated graphics
64 bit support
L2/L3 chace

etc etc etc.

>>46795952
That's some good news.
>>
>>46795951
You have a point there anon.
I remember my ex throwing out her whole rig because the drives died on her.
"It's broken I'm done with it"
I'll always miss that old housefire 560ti.
>>
Just installed sick beard on raspi.

wtf there's no kickass/tpb/etc.

Is there any way to add these?

Tell me i didn't waste my time here.
>>
>>46795966
Let the kid do what he wants.
>>
Why is systemd not starting networkd at boot/startup?
I've enabled it but I have to start it everytime I boot!
>>
>>46795824
>>46795865
Thanks for the advice. Yeah she can be kinda dense. She wanted to buy a new phone just because there is this one app she can't use on her phone. I don't remember which but it was totally stupid
>>
>>46795609
Cobol if you want the most frustrating job in the world.

Fortran if you don't want a job. There's no reason to learn it.
>>
What's the fastest easy language to code non-GUI programs in?
>>
how do I reset zsh's output? I accidentially printed a zip file to stdout and now all the characters are jumbled up and I can't read anything.
>>
>>46795888
Don't do that.
>>
Lightweight Linux distro that's really lightweight?
>>
File: just_woke_up_by_shaayn-d8cquux.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
just_woke_up_by_shaayn-d8cquux.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
I have so many questions that I probably can start my own thread.
1. I'm on linux mint installed on HP DV6 laptop how do I know if I need the propriety drivers for the GPU or not?
2.On android, what does the "mediaserver" in battery status mean?
3.an android phone of my friend started to display "USB connector connected/disconnected" and it won't charge, is it the microUSB port?
4.What is recommended to download videos from youtube, on windows?
I use youtube-dl but it's for my tech illiterate professor.
5. What's a decent OCR program for linux?
I have a PDF that contain text as image and images and would like to extract it.
6.In windows, is there a way to search for all the files that have the .jpg extension then copy it to a specific location in command prompt?
>>
Pro's and con's of Steam? I want to play HL2 and don't feel lilke dl'ing some pirated and cracked version.
>>
>hurr durr windows is botnet
>install linux mint
>fresh install
>wifi constantly in use
Is Linux botnet?
>>
>>46796936
>pros
Cheap games
Friend lists are handy
Big picture if you game on your TV
>cons
Certified enemy of your freedoms
>>
>>46796936
>download & install steam
>downlaod hl2
>go to offline mode
>???
>PROFIT
>>
Does anyone have daz loader? The official release thread seems to be missing and i dont have access to torrential etc right now.
>>
>>46796009
no help here?
>>
File: 1409278786852.jpg (48 KB, 430x720) Image search: [Google]
1409278786852.jpg
48 KB, 430x720
First time PC builder.

Are all the necessary wires supplemented when buying my PC parts, or will i have to do some additional shopping to have everything ready for build day?

Also, is a static wrist strap, and Phillips screwdriver all I need when assembling? Am I missing anything other tools needed for putting everything together? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>46797145
>The official release thread seems to be missing
>using google
git gud
>>
>>46797165
>Are all the necessary wires supplemented when buying my PC parts
Yes.
>is a static wrist strap, and Phillips screwdriver all I need when assembling?
Yes.
>>
>>46796932
>1. I'm on linux mint installed on HP DV6 laptop how do I know if I need the propriety drivers for the GPU or not?
You don't, but it really depends on your usage. Proprietary drivers are usually better and allows for different things, for example, I don't believe the free drivers allow GPU switching (for example, integrated Intel gpu+amd gpu switching).
>2. On android, what does the "mediaserver" in battery status mean?
Media transfers.
>3. an android phone of my friend started to display "USB connector connected/disconnected" and it won't charge, is it the microUSB port?
Most likely.
>4. What is recommended to download videos from youtube, on windows?
Doesn't matter, any software/internet service is good for this.
>5. What's a decent OCR program for linux?
Personally I use onlineocr.
FOR /R %%A IN (*.jpg) DO copy "%%A" C:\directory1\

>>46797055
Depends on the distro. Mint might have software that reports back, if it does it's probably your own fault.
>>46797165
It's all supplied if you buy it. The case comes with screws, the PSU comes with wires for power (if modular, otherwise they're already attached).
Motherboard comes with the rest you might need.
>>
>>46797165
Usually the motherboard lists what wires it will proved. Maybe you should just check around to see if you have everything you need. Usually the ones who buy their wires separately are the ones who want sexy sleeved wires.
>>
>>46797200
The code tag was for
>6.In windows, is there a way to search for all the files that have the .jpg extension then copy it to a specific location in command prompt?
>>
>>46797191
>>46797200
>>46797215

Thanks bros.
>>
File: 1424937801126.jpg (29 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
1424937801126.jpg
29 KB, 360x640
>>46797200
Thanks for replying
1. well the CPU temps go 70C+ when playing youtube video, while playing the same youtube video from mpv doesn't have any issue.
4.Does this still work?
http://www.downloadhelper.net or should I go with this http://www.clickvideodownload.com
6. I got that, Do I specify the directory after the IN ?
And If I save it as a .bat it would work automatically?
>>
I wanted to dualboot Loonix and Windows. Currently have Win7 installed, partitioned my drive, installed Linux, rebooted but no bootloader pops up, it just goes straight to Windows.

What do?
>>
My computer is silencing it's BIOS dialog. Upon boot, the screen is black until Windows 7 dialog. I need to access the BIOS in order to install Linux. What steps can I take in order to enable my BIOS dialog? I could probably hook the HDD into a working PC but that is more of a temporary solution.
>>
>>46797645
Install GRUB.
>>
>>46797708
The installer did install GRUB, though. At least it asked me if I want to and I answered yes.
>>
>>46797703
F2, F8, F10, DEL
Try one of these.
>>
I need to move my rig across the country and I want to take a few parts, such as the video card and maybe the big ass heatsink and fan out so they don't break.

Is this a needless worry or should I grab an anti-static bag and some packing peanuts for my GPU?
>>
>>46797719
Do you have more than one disk in your system? See if you're booting from the right one.
>>
>>46797753
I installed grub on my SSD, which is what I'm booting from.
>>
>>46797719
Try installing it again, separately.
Which distro?
>>
>>46797776
Debian. Also how do I install it again, from a live cd?
>>
>>46797781
>from a live cd?
The good thing about debian, ubuntu was based on it.
so most stuff that work on ubuntu will work with debian.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair
>>
>>46797821
Ok, thanks for help. I'll check that out.
>>
>>46797729
F2 seems to work for me, thanks.
>>
I bought a 2TB external drive and moved my torrents to it. It's taking a while, so I left it and went to do other stuff. Periodically I'd check My Computer and see my hard drive freeing up space and my external drive filling up.

But now it's going backwards.

I had 164 GB free on my HD. Then 158. Then 152. 150. Now 147.

What the fuck is happening?
>>
File: help.png (166 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
help.png
166 KB, 1360x768
>>46797887
>>
File: halp.png (31 KB, 651x125) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
31 KB, 651x125
Guys...
Please, what's wrong with my files and their icons?
I know it's probably not an image in the folders doing it because some of the folders haven't been modified to include or exclude anything.
So I'm kinda scared...
>>
>>46796035
>>46796035
>>46796035
Anyone?
>>
>>46797887
Maybe system recovery is noticing the large amounts of data being transferred and is making backups.
>>
File: file.png (162 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
162 KB, 1360x768
>>46797922
>>46797887

Oh my god why is this happening, I can't fucking lose these fucking files
>>
Can someone post a recent mouse tiers image? I'm looking at lower price ones if there are multiple images depending on budget.
>>
>>46797930
I don't help memelords sry

Fuck you
>>
>>46797997
Why the fuck would it do something like that

How do I kill it

It's literally taking the data back from the ext drive into my main drive
>>
>>46798032
How the fuck do I see hard disk activity

Like what directories are being written in
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.