[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SQT/ Stupid Questions Thread If you can't be bothered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: 1364462871771.gif (2 MB, 350x258) Image search: [Google]
1364462871771.gif
2 MB, 350x258
/SQT/ Stupid Questions Thread

If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE.
DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD, You are NOT entitled to an answer.
>>
This thread is for me. I use 7-Zip 9.38 x64 and it doesn't want to appear in context menu, Win 8.1 x64. I have tried to put these ticks responsible for this, but it didn't help. I have already tried to run it as an admin, still.
>>
How do I get the tablet functionality of my x60 working in Arch?
>>
>>46736461
Have you tried just adding it manually?
>>
how do I shot web?
>>
what is that big red thing?
>>
I have a HP 2335 monitor (23", 1920x1200) that needs new backlight bulbs. Which of these should I get?
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-ccfl-23.html

>>46736475
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Wacom_Serial_Tablet_PC_Stylus#Linux_Support
>>
~Question for Android users~

What is the best app to read e-books?
What is the best app to download torrents? ttorrent limits speed.
Is there any malware-free safe website/place to download pro app apks? (like ttorent)
>>
>>46736461
Stop being a betafag and use a stable version of 7-Zip.
captcha: iDiss
>>
Would it work to tape off the sensor at a lasergame? I asked something similar in the last thread but not the same.
>>
>>46736570
you'll need some JS for that
>>
>>46736643
>http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Wacom_Serial_Tablet_PC_Stylus#Linux_Support
Why haven't I found this wiki article yet? I've come across a few that didn't work for me. This seems like it covers more steps than the others.
>>
>>46736656
Probably, but you're a faggot if you do this.
>>
>>46736649
Moon Reader +
Transdroid (assuming you have a server somewhere)
F-Droid
>>
Which distro do I put on my new ThinkPad T420s (blaze it)? I'll use it for web dev and audio engineering.
>>
>>46736545
>>46736545
Manually? I googled some more and only found the things I've already done. Like, they recommended one's to reinstall with x64, I did it but it didn't help.
>>
>>46736707
Gantoo
>>
How the fuck do you stop skype from forcing some random ass resolution on your webcam?
>>
>>46736649
Cool reader, rtorrent on debian chroot, F-Droid
>>
>>46736714
I'm not a windows user, but 7-Zip must do something to add those options, right? Just add your own ones, the settings are probably in the registry.
>>
>>46736707
>audio engineering
linux audio support on the whole is pretty bad lol.

web dev it won't matter too much what you use unless you have specific frameworks in mind.
>>
I have javascript in a webpage and just want to update the text on a button when I click the button. It works, but the changed text only flickers before it changes back to the original text. Why is that? How can I make the change permanent?
>>
>>46736749
Yeah, it has, as I said. I tried to uncheck-check ticks responsible for showing in context menu, tried x64, but still. Maybe I'm fucking into my eyes right now and missed something, but I'll try to find it in registry. Thanks.
>>
>>46736778
Post the smallest amount of code that reproduces your bug. THE SMALLEST AMOUNT OF CODE.
>>
Why do a load of people on /g/ run linux instead of windows?
>>
>>46736627
2-Clause Santa.
>>
is firefox going to die? why has its popularity declined so harshly over the past time?
>>
>>46736811
>what is personal choice
>>
>>46736811
because we are nerds
>>
>>46736841
They sold their asses, like Ubuntu.
>>
I need an email for internet shit, what do you guys recommend?
>>
I'm looking for Windows 8.1 but I don't want a botnet version, is there any torrent and activator you would suggest?
>>
>>46736911
I recommend you to get an e-mail account.
>>
>>46736911
outlook

>>46736935
>no botnet version of 8.1
kek
>>
>>46736941
this

>>46736935
It's still botnet for Microsoft and the Crack makers.
>>
Is it better to future proof or get a cheap system and swap out parts/make a new one every few years?
>>
>>46737021
>Future proof
lol, no. Built a decent system, but don't go overboard. Keep it for 5 years then put it in the closet or turn it into a server.
>>
how can i extract my 4chanx settings from chrome?
the fucking thing disabled it and can't be re-enabled because it's a piece of shit and installing the thing through the play store just has new settings and i can't seem to get my old stuff back
>>
>>46736941
Thanks.
>>
File: b7.jpg (34 KB, 797x600) Image search: [Google]
b7.jpg
34 KB, 797x600
Is there a way to format partitions on my Nexus 7 from Linux?
It has a corrupt cache partition and i can't do shit but boot into fastboot and recovery
>>
>>46736405
I made a /sqt/ earlier and the mods deleted it almost an hour later because it had an "off topic" picture.
Fucking autists a TV show isn't related to technology but I've seen several the office pictures.
>>
>>46737134
Isn't there an option in your recovery to do that?
>>
File: original.jpg (72 KB, 463x700) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
72 KB, 463x700
is there any reason not to buy an "older" generation of graphic cards? i was gonna buy the 280x but i was looking at tomshardware chart and it says that the gtx 690 is better, which i can buy for around the same price

if i don't care about the power consumption do i give a fuck?
>>
>>46737153
spews out errors, it can't mount /cache
>>
>>46737158
>if i don't care about the power consumption do i give a fuck?
nope.
>>
>>46737163
If you are using TWRP, select format in options, not rm.
If you are not using TWRP, backup your recovery and install it.
>>
>>46737212
Stock recovery
the bootloader is locked, and the screen freezes when selecting "yes" after "fastboot oem unlock"

like i ssaid, i want to format the /cache partition from Linux.
>>
File: Courage Wut.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Courage Wut.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>>46736405

>Stallman in OP
>No /SQT/ in titles

I never thought the Anti-Dwight resistance could lead to this, 2D Waifus I was willing to tolerate but Stallman?

This must be how Eistein felt about Hiroshima.
>>
File: 1422918857311.jpg (9 KB, 170x168) Image search: [Google]
1422918857311.jpg
9 KB, 170x168
Im looking for a 15-17" 1280x720 monitor

Anyone know if such a monitor exists? and if so where I could acquire one?

Also looking for a 7.5-8.5" 640x480 monitor or any device with a screen really. As long as it can have a wallpaper

And a 4-4.5" 320x240 screen of some kind. Again it needs to have a wallpaper that can be changed.

Yes they have to be that size

Yes I am aware that it is very unlikely such monitors exist, that's why i'm asking here in hopes to get an answer that might point me in the right direction to find them

I need these for a ridiculously stupid reason
>>
how would one center quote previews in firefox?
i don't think a.quotelink is it.
>>
File: 47168455_p0.jpg (940 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
47168455_p0.jpg
940 KB, 900x900
Which filesystem should I use if I want to share my files between Linux and Windows? I mainly use Linux but I dual-boot Windows for gaymen.

Right now I have my files (music, docs etc) in a NTFS partition because Windows is shit at reading anything else but is there a better solution?
>>
File: j5fcgb.jpg (71 KB, 1500x938) Image search: [Google]
j5fcgb.jpg
71 KB, 1500x938
Why do usb sticks have less memory than the indicated on the box?
>>
>>46737251
If it's locked, I'm sorry anon. It's locked.

You can always disassamble the device and use different storage. That is, if you can.
>>
>>46737339
You mean the thing when you hover over a quote?

I don't know how vanilla 4chan does it but on 4chan X it uses a div called #hoverUI that wraps around another div called #qp

<div id="hoverUI"><div style="top: 101px; left: 325px;" class="dialog" id="qp">

Just press F12 and check the html when you hover a quote to see what changes in the html.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.