[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt linuxfags get rekt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
>Linux clearly violates Microsoft Intellectual Property. This has been proven in a court of law. Microsoft software patents are stolen just to get Linux to boot up. And thousands more are infringed on by runlevel 5 (multi-user, networking, X11).

>Linux users owe Microsoft 10s of Billions of dollars in damages to compensate for this infringement, and 10s of Billions of dollars more in reasonable royalties. Everything you do and create using Linux, Microsoft owns the rights to.

>Everyone knows that without stolen Microsoft IP, Linux is nothing more than a bloated file manager.

Want to learn more?

http://www.promotinglinux.com/truth/
>>
>this Micro$hit shill
>>
File: 1412392526231.gif (4 MB, 276x240) Image search: [Google]
1412392526231.gif
4 MB, 276x240
>>45497462
>I wrote some words on paper 20 years ago
>Hey, you can't do that! I wrote words about that!!!
>mfw patent advocates actually believe this promotes innovation
>>
poe's law
>>
File: algorithms.jpg (1 MB, 2480x3720) Image search: [Google]
algorithms.jpg
1 MB, 2480x3720
>>45497462
I wasn't going to pay for them anyway.
>>
>>45497462
>Comunism
>>>/pol/
>>
Jokes on you. The EU doesnt recognize software patents.
>>
It's parody, dumbasses.
>>
bad bait
>>
>>45497537
>butthurt linuxfag denies reality
>assumes anyone who criticizes his stallmanian wet dreams of free software are merely joking
And no one is surprised
>>
>>45497577
0/10 apply yourself
>>
I am fucking sick and tired of all the useless shitposting on this board. Maybe I'll try talking about technology on Reddit, I bet they don't shit up every thread with le Android/Linux autismal virgin may-may.
>>
>>45497462
>Living in the largest 3rd world country by population
>Guzzling amerifat laws like it's made of chocolate
Dude, we don't live in your wierd boxed in world, EU doesn't support your bullshit. Or asia for that matter.
>>
>>45497462
Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?

That sounds preposterous to me.

If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that windows is more than just Office ? Its a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people dont realise this.

Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Vista, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.

Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.

I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.
>>
>>45497690
You're absolutely right, I think someone is playing us. Also have you read the website gnu.org? Whoever is running that must be laughing their ass off.
>>
>>45497577
Go to the site, and click the proof link
>>
>>45497724
this,

Microsoft shills do this before dicking around
>>
>>45497462
hey, think about it this way
piracy is bad because potential sales, right?
so every time you run linux on your machine you could be running windows instead, so thats potential windows sales that youre stealing
everyone who runs linux owe's microsoft hundreds of dollars per every machine for potential windows sales
>>
File: Untitled.png (237 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
237 KB, 1280x800
>>45497462
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>45497925
how long did that take you in photoshop?? linuxbabbies in full damage control mode
>>
>>45497944
>Being this highly in denial
See yourself, link is a bluelink from the second paragraph of the originally posted article.
http://www.promotinglinux.com/proof
>>
>>45497944
Photoshop doesn't run on Linux so it couldn't have been them.
>>
File: 1398428779650.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1398428779650.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>45497944
>photoshop
>linuxbabbies
>using windows
>>
>>45497967
the linuxfags hacked the website
>>
>>45497690
How old is this pasta?
>>
File: adorable.png (5 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
adorable.png
5 KB, 300x100
>>45497462

Ooh Micro$oft spin. Politics of envy incoming.

> Cool story bro.
>>
>>45498014
They obviously did not.
>>
>>45497990
>>
>>45497994
I would like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Windows, is in fact, NT/Windows, or as I've recently taken to calling it, NT plus Windows. Windows is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another proprietary component of a fully functioning NT kernel made useful by the NT scheduler, memory manager, and services comprising a full OS as defined by Microsoft.

Many computer users run a modified version of the NT kernel every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of NT which is widely used today is often called "Windows," and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the NT kernel, developed by the NT Project.

There really is a Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Windows is the shell: the program in the system that allows you to interface with the kernel and utilize its services in a user-friendly fashion. The shell is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete kernel. Windows is normally used in combination with the NT kernel: the whole system is basically NT with Windows added, or NT/Windows. All the so-called "Windows" distributions are really distributions of NT/Windows.
>>
>>45497462

>Click on a cite note
>Leads to http://www.promotinglinux.com/proof
>404 proof not found

Which year's April 1st was this site put up?
>>
File: .jpg (27 KB, 593x445) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
27 KB, 593x445
>>45497462
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.html
>>
"Windows (in contrast to Linux) is written and developed with high quality Object Oriented C++, using best practices, with a .NET subsystem. The development tools such as Visual Studio are top notch, world class and mind boggling. And just like Bill Gates’ food, the source-code is only allowed to be touched by the hands of virgins."

I chuckled.
>>
9/11 was caused due to a software problem in the autopilot

guess what OS the autopilot was running

nowadays, autopilots generally run windows 2000
>>
If linux was any good, it would have an install base on par with Windows.

And OEMs would be shipping it with every single PC they manufacture.

I'm not saying Linux isn't good, but it's not as good as Windows.
>>
>>45498056
Wine doesn't count, faggot. Enjoy your inferior functionality.
>>
>>45498145
>moving goalposts
>>
>>45497462
Patent and intellectual property is bullshit. There's no strong ethical basis of IP laws.

>And just like Bill Gates’ food, the source-code is only allowed to be touched by the hands of virgins.
shit, i've taken the bait
>>
this joke is still alive?
>>
>>45498174
>Patent and intellectual property is bullshit.
Shut up. Patents are the reason we have a civilized society.
>>
>>45498160
Lol I was right. You are running wine. What's it like to have an OS so shitty that you have to emulate Windows just to get by? I bet you pirated that PS too you scum.
>>
Patents don't count for software. You can't patent basic functionality, it's retarded.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.